Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! (38140 Views)

When Weed Was Used In The Wedding Rice Instead Of Thyme / Rag Day Mis-understood! / Guardian Newspaper Writes Jonathan Instead Of January: Deliberate Or An Error? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by akinsadeez(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
kayphyzee:

I beg to disagree with you on your interpretation. Don't forget that Judges accord senior members of the bar a high level of respect. Literally, Judge meant that the amount offered is too ridiculous for a senior member of the bar. Even his apperance fee alone would have exceeded that amount.

I couldn't have said it better. Imagine for example offering a lawyer of 30 years at the bar 2000 naira as cost. Some judges would not accept that from you. At that level that amount is not enough to fuel the cars of some lawyers not to talk of paying their appearance fee.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by jayriginal: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
kayphyzee:

I beg to disagree with you on your interpretation. Don't forget that Judges accord senior members of the bar a high level of respect. Literally, Judge meant that the amount offered is too ridiculous for a senior member of the bar. Even his apperance fee alone would have exceeded that amount.

Bros, cost is not awarded based on seniority. Costs follow events and the court has discretion in awarding costs.

I never said that Judges do not respect senior members. Appearance fees are not also based on seniority!
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by jayriginal: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
akinsadeez:

Ok o. But I was in court and the subsequent events do not support your theory. The judge clearly felt that the money was too paltry for a lawyer of the man's standing and communicated as much. Besides the senior lawyer's wig was very old but not tattered and the judge clearly wanted the young guy to take note of the seniority.
The cost he was actually asked to pay finally was five times the amount he offered originally

Its alright.

Then again, I do have to insist that seniority at the bar has nothing to do with the amount of costs.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Hardeylove(f): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
LMAO
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by simdam500(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
cry poor lawyer
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by kayphyzee(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
jayriginal:

Bros, cost is not awarded based on seniority. Costs follow events and the court has discretion in awarding costs.

I never said that Judges do not respect senior members. Appearance fees are not also based on seniority!

#lipssealed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Mothers Can Be So Funny / Conversation Between A Guy And A Girl On BBM..............,,,,, Very Funny / #NoBoxersDay - Nigerians React To #NoBraDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.