Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! (38138 Views)

When Weed Was Used In The Wedding Rice Instead Of Thyme / Rag Day Mis-understood! / Guardian Newspaper Writes Jonathan Instead Of January: Deliberate Or An Error? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by GovWahala: 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Omg so funny

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Ilekeh(f): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Shioooorrrr egbin

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Brightology2(m): 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Na xo craze dey start

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Whizpeter(m): 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ifecomumito:
Espeakikwala maka confussion
Na must to wear wigooo[color=#006600][/color]
Nkolika Nwa Nsukka

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by outstandingsyll(f): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
Charge and bail undecided
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by manny4life(m): 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
akinsadeez:
The man might not necessarily be poor. There are some lawyers who have money but all in a bid to show that they are elders at the bar and have spent many years as lawyers wear old wigs and faded gowns to court despite being rich enough to buy replacements. Many old lawyers hate wearing new wigs. Some judges also equate shiny new wigs to mean the lawyer has recently or just been called to the bar. In fact in legal parlance new lawyers are actually known by the term 'new wigs'. Maybe the man is one of those who love to show their seniority by any means possible.

No disrespect to our honorable lawyers and judges but that's BULLSHIT. There are many ways to know if someone is old or new. Heck they could start by issuing a badge, when I see a blue badge I know you are new. When I see a red badge, for mid practitioners, when I see a gold badge, I know you are an expert at law. Please, let's do away with the archaic culture.

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
SparkAngel:
Lmao...

Hi Angel
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by adedayourt(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2015
where is the rag please
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by KingTom(m): 12:03am On Jan 09, 2015
jerseyboy:
Colo mentality. E be say you be colonial man, you don be slave man before, dem don release you now but you never release your self. Fela Kuti.
E be so, E be so, E be so dem dey overdo all the things wey dem dey do e be so grin

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2015
poverty
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by millionaireman: 12:30am On Jan 09, 2015
tola9ja:

when 20 billion is missing and you keep quiet the best way fight corruption

It changed from $30 billion to $20 billion. Authorities examined the whole nonsense and found out that it was all lies.

Did born to rule not pay Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to do that gaffe? People like you can only believe Sanusi, not Nigeria's authorities, not even international auditors that examined Sanusi's gaffe.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by dhaewood(m): 12:49am On Jan 09, 2015
[size=48pt]HMMMMM[/size]

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by AreaFada2: 1:06am On Jan 09, 2015
henryugo:
Dis land is not 4 sell

Beware of nephew Dayo, omo jati jai, olori buruku. Buy this land out your own risk! grin
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Good for him and he isn't ready to get a new one. Here is what I do 08068829626. Event plannin

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by tit(f): 6:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Osinbajo is a useless liar.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Crownofwealth(m): 7:19am On Jan 09, 2015
Haywhymido:
R u sure dis is nt a scene in dose silly nollywood movies??
yes it is cos those sitting around him.are nt putting on theirs.if a judge is sitting every lawyer must be properly robed. however that wig shows he has been in the profession for long.it helps to identify seniors in the profession.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 09, 2015
brito:

Hi Angel

Hi brito
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by Harmvirus(f): 8:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by symbianDON(m): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2015
the man probably owns a carwash....he must have mistakenly swapped the cleaning rag with his wig

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by symbianDON(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2015
the man probably owns a carwash....he must have mistakenly swapped the cleaning rag with his wig.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by edogho(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2015
symbianDON:
the man probably owns a carwash....he must have mistakenly swapped the cleaning rag with his wig.
symbianDON:
looks more like a sponge to me

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by tola9ja: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2015
millionaireman:

It changed from $30 billion to $20 billion. Authorities examined the whole nonsense and found out that it was all lies.

Did born to rule not pay Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to do that gaffe? People like you can only believe Sanusi, not Nigeria's authorities, not even international auditors that examined Sanusi's gaffe.
what of the money south Africa cease it is also a lie hmmm
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by In4matic: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2015
It is actually a thing he is wearing with pride. Trust me
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by jayriginal: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2015
akinsadeez:
The man might not necessarily be poor. There are some lawyers who have money but all in a bid to show that they are elders at the bar and have spent many years as lawyers wear old wigs and faded gowns to court despite being rich enough to buy replacements. Many old lawyers hate wearing new wigs. Some judges also equate shiny new wigs to mean the lawyer has recently or just been called to the bar. In fact in legal parlance new lawyers are actually known by the term 'new wigs'. Maybe the man is one of those who love to show their seniority by any means possible.

True that. Its a silly practice all the same.

If he is that old at the bar, he should be well known to all the courts in the jurisdiction. Theres no need to wear such shabby apparel and flaunt it.

manny4life:

No disrespect to our honorable lawyers and judges but that's BULLSHIT. There are many ways to know if someone is old or new. Heck they could start by issuing a badge, when I see a blue badge I know you are new. When I see a red badge, for mid practitioners, when I see a gold badge, I know you are an expert at law. Please, let's do away with the archaic culture.

There really is no need for badges.

Your last sentence is on point though.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by akinsadeez(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2015
jayriginal:

True that. Its a silly practice all the same.

If he is that old at the bar, he should be well known to all the courts in the jurisdiction. Theres no need to wear such shabby apparel and flaunt it.

Some judges also encourage those lawyers. I was in court once and the issue of cost was being discussed. The young lawyer offered the senior on the other side 2000 naira as cost. The judge simply told him : 2000 naira? what do you mean. Can't you see his wig?(referring to the senior lawyer)
Apparently the man was a very senior member of the bar and the judge felt that amount was derisive. All of us at the bar just laughed that day, but I could imagine how good or happy the senior lawyer must have felt at that statement. Now tell me, do you think that man would go and buy a new wig and wear it to court? Definitely not!
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by akigbemaru: 10:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Nigerian lawyer

Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by jayriginal: 11:38am On Jan 09, 2015
akinsadeez:

Some judges also encourage those lawyers. I was in court once and the issue of cost was being discussed. The young lawyer offered the senior on the other side 2000 naira as cost. The judge simply told him : 2000 naira? what do you mean. Can't you see his wig?(referring to the senior lawyer)
Apparently the man was a very senior member of the bar and the judge felt that amount was derisive. All of us at the bar just laughed that day, but I could imagine how good or happy the senior lawyer must have felt at that statement. Now tell me, do you think that man would go and buy a new wig and wear it to court? Definitely not!

Well perhaps you misinterpreted the judges meaning.

Perhaps the judge was mocking the senior by indirectly suggesting that the senior needs money? Cant you see his (*in need of replacement*) wig?

Costs flow from events and if the younger guy was offering 2000, its probably because a witness did not show up or something like that. Costs arent offered based on seniority. My brother I prefer my own interpretation of the judges comments. Sounds more realistic to me.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by kayphyzee(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2015
akinsadeez:

You've said it all. @Op, infact the court ought to have dock you for contempt of court for taking this picture in court. Leave our senior colleagues alone abeg.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by kayphyzee(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2015
jayriginal:

Perhaps the judge was mocking the senior by indirectly suggesting that the senior needs money? Cant you see his (*in need of replacement*) wig?

Costs flow from events and if the younger guy was offering 2000, its probably because a witness did not show up or something like that. Costs arent offered based on seniority. My brother I prefer my own interpretation of the judges comments. Sounds more realistic to me.

I beg to disagree with you on your interpretation. Don't forget that Judges accord senior members of the bar a high level of respect. Literally, Judge meant that the amount offered is too ridiculous for a senior member of the bar. Even his apperance fee alone would have exceeded that amount.
Re: Picture Of A Lawyer Putting On A Rag Instead Of Wig! by akinsadeez(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2015
jayriginal:

Ok o. But I was in court and the subsequent events do not support your theory. The judge clearly felt that the money was too paltry for a lawyer of the man's standing and communicated as much. Besides the senior lawyer's wig was very old but not tattered and the judge clearly wanted the young guy to take note of the seniority.
The cost he was actually asked to pay finally was five times the amount he offered originally

Conversation Between A Guy And A Girl On BBM..............,,,,, Very Funny / #NoBoxersDay - Nigerians React To #NoBraDay / How Will You Describe This kid? (photo)