Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. (6639 Views)

8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Notable Quotes By The Legendary Chris Rock About Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Missy89:

Yeah i know.
there are many spetsnaz group.

Cool, big head! tongue

My nyggah Cam Newton and the panthers just destroyed the Cardinals. On to Big Ben and Steelers vs. Ravens now. Ray Rice should've been playing this game, if not for the feminazis. grin

Where my video at, Ibadan woman from Ondo? tongue
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Missy89(f): 3:33am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Cool, big head! tongue

My nyggah Cam Newton and the panthers just destroyed the Cardinals. On to Big Ben and Steelers vs. Ravens now. Ray Rice should've been playing this game, if not for the feminazis. grin

Where my video at, Ibadan woman from Ondo? tongue

No deal. angry
Once Bitten, Twice Shy!

will propose a counter off soon
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 04, 2015
Missy89:

No deal. angry
Once Bitten, Twice Shy!

will propose a counter off soon

Lol, you're a very funny girl. grin

Stop being emotional and show me what you've got, lil mama.

Who knows, I might end up paying ya bride price on the spot. grin
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 4:07am On Jan 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
To put it differently, Chris Rock managed to bash men in a way that would've made the most jaded of feminazis - Angela Dork-in - proud, and yet some men actually applaud and cheer him on. I can't.

Chris Rock is a passably-funny nut, but then again I attribute much of his comedy success to his high-pitched voice, and funny-looking face. He's not nearly funny enough to listen to (the true test of comedy), and he's def nowhere in the neighborhood of Dave Chapelle's comedic genius (Tbh I feel a little dirty mentioning them in the same sentence - what blasphemy!). If you ever get a 'chance' to go to one of CR's shows, don't. Save yourself the gas! Better yet, use it as an opportunity to commit your one good deed of the day/month/year/decade by presenting the intended ticket money to a nearby charity, or homeless person instead.

In my not-quite-so-humble, but ever-accurate opinion tongue

E-Soul

I've always thought he was so overrated and makes money off disrespecting women. And about his list of what mean want, David Chapelle said that first, not even original. He's just a cheap, unfunny version of David Chapelle

2 Likes

Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

I've always thought he was so overrated and makes money off disrespecting women. And about his list of what mean want, David Chapelle said that first, not even original. He's just a cheap, unfunny version of David Chapelle

Lol, you mean the same guy who has won a few Emmy Awards, with tons of nominations, and has been listed one of the greatest comics ever, isn't funny? - bwahahahahaha. We're not talking about Kevin hart and Steve Harvey here - this is Brooklyn's own Chris Muthaphucking Rock, who used to have buck-teeth. grin The same guy who sells out arenas all the time. Heck, his last show in the UK sold out within a few hours.

Stop hating. Dave Chappelle is my guy, but Chris Rock is funny as fvck. Take time out to read more, and listen to him afterwards. I think his jokes are like Nas' lyrics...if you're not that knowledgeable you wouldn't be able to relate.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 4:20am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol, you mean the same guy who has won a few Emmy Awards, with tons of nominations, and has been listed one of the greatest comics ever, isn't funny? - bwahahahahaha. We're not talking about Kevin hart and Steve Harvey here - this is Brooklyn's own Chris Muthaphucking Rock, who used to have buck-teeth. grin The same guy who sells out arenas all the time. Heck, his last show in the UK sold out within a few hours.

Stop hating. Dave Chappelle is my guy, but Chris Rock is funny as fvck. Take time out to read more, and listen to him afterwards. I think his jokes are like Nas' lyrics...if you're not that knowledgeable you wouldn't be able to relate.

Do you think he would win those awards if he had good competition. If the batch is bad, you will pick the better of the bad. He wouldn't stand a chance against Chapelle, Bernie Mac and Katy Williams
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

Do you think he would win those awards if he had good competition. If the batch is bad, you will pick the better of the bad. He wouldn't stand a chance against Chapelle, Bernie Mac and Katy Williams

Lol, he won those awards when Dave Chappelle was in his prime. Bernie Mac was also alive.And Katt Williams was running with DipSet back then doing his thing. Heck, Chris Tucker was also still very active in the comic scene back. Not right now, when midget ar.se Kevin Hart is running the show.

Those are big names right there - especially the originality/creativity of both Dave Chappelle and Bernie Mac. Chris Rock was listed as one of the top five greatest comics in America, and top 10 in the UK. You just can't hate on that. Stop it.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 4:30am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol, he won those awards when Dave Chappelle was in his prime. Bernie Mac was also alive.And Katt Williams was running with DipSet back then doing his thing. Heck, Chris Tucker was also still very active in the comic scene back. Not right now, when midget ar.se Kevin Hart is running the show.

Those are big names right there - especially the originality/creativity of both Dave Chappelle and Bernie Mac. Chris Rock was listed as one of the top five greatest comics in America, and top 10 in the UK. You just can't hate on that. Stop it.

Lol I just have to hate. He needs to stop bashing women
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

Lol I just have to hate. He needs to stop bashing women

But was he bashing or just saying it how he feels?

That's classic Chris Rock,and he'll never bite his tongue for anyone. Hence he's a media darling, especially when it comes to political/social issues. And that's basically what all his comedy sketches are about, and why folks love him. Same for Dave Chappelle and late Bernie Mac. These folks don't know how to be politically correct.

They all came from Richard Pryor's school of thought.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 4:39am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

But was he bashing or just saying it how he feels?

That's classic Chris Rock,and he'll never bite his tongue for anyone. Hence he's a media darling, especially when it comes to political/social issues. And that's basically what all his comedy sketches are about, and why folks love him. Same for Dave Chappelle and late Bernie Mac. These folks don't know how to be politically correct.

They all came from Richard Pryor's school of thought.

It's not that I hate Chris Rock because I love everybody hates Chris and I like him as an actor. I just think he's overrated
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

It's not that I hate Chris Rock because I love everybody hates Chris and I like him as an actor. I just think he's overrated

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.But personally, I don't think he's overrated. He might not be as funny as Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Bernie Mac, and Chris Tucker (when he's on his A game) - but he's up there with them when it comes to originality/creativity.

Overrated should be attached to Kevin Hart and Steve Harvey. I don't find the both of them funny at all. Even the Cedric the Entertainer, and all the comics under Jamie Foxx, from the Foxxhole, are funnier than these folks.

Did you watch Def Jam comedy when it was still on MTV back in the day?
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 4:49am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion.But personally, I don't think he's overrated. He might not be as funny as Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Bernie Mac, and Chris Tucker (when he's on his A game) - but he's up there with them when it comes to originality/creativity.

Overrated should be attached to Kevin Hart and Steve Harvey. I don't find the both of them funny at all. Even the Cedric the Entertainer, and all the comics under Jamie Foxx, from the Foxxhole, are funnier than these folks.

Did you watch Dej Jam comedy when it was still on MTV back in the day?

I was too young when it was on TV but I have marathons of it on YouTube. I have an obsession with stand up comedy, especially African American. Have you seen Eddie murphy's movie delirious? That's a memorable one
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

I was too young when it was on TV but I have marathons of it on YouTube. I have an obsession with stand up comedy, especially African American. Have you seen Eddie murphy's movie delirious? That's a memorable one

Lol, I watched most of it on youtube as well. Ooops, I forgot Martin Lawrence - that's my guy.

I've seen all Eddie Murphy's comedy shows. Heck, I've got a DVD compilation of everything - that's my nyygah.

Do you know Tracy Morgan, Eddie Griffin, Paul Mooney, DL Hughley, and Tommy Davidson? Heck, even Bill Bellamy used to get it in back in the day. grin
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 5:07am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol, I watched most of it on youtube as well. Ooops, I forgot Martin Lawrence - that's my guy.

I've seen all Eddie Murphy's comedy shows. Heck, I've got a DVD compilation of everything - that's my nyygah.

Do you know Tracy Morgan, Eddie Griffin, Paul Mooney, DL Hughley, and Tommy Davidson? Heck, even Bill Bellamy used to get it in back in the day. grin

Yeah Martin Lawrence is some kind of guy. Of all those names I only know Eddie griffin. I know Tracy Morgan as an actor only
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

Yeah Martin Lawrence is some kind of guy. Of all those names I only know Eddie griffin. I know Tracy Morgan as an actor only

Martin Lawrence is funny as fvck...that's the DC comic legend. grin Eddie Griffin is nuts. Tracy Morgan was into comedy before acting.

Err, you should at least know DL Hughley from The Hughleys. The show was on TV for a long time.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by freecocoa(f): 5:20am On Jan 04, 2015
I do agree with him, though that's for women who have reasonable men.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

He's just not funny. I could sit through an entire standup show of his w/o so much as a stray giggle. He does offer the rare bout of wisdom to his audiences tho. I kinda wanted to showcase that with a 'Rich Vs. Wealthy' segment of his, but I couldn't find it.

Now Dave Chapelle is funny! I'm also glad you mentioned the late Bernie Mac. I can't stand Kat Williams, but he's at least had his moments.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2015
The one thing you really don't want is a woman who gives you "silence" because those silences get very dangerous.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2015
cococandy:
As much as I like Chris rock(sometimes)
I've to admit he does tell sexist jokes.
Occasionally it is evident the discomfort in his audience and the apparent final oh-well-it-is-a-joke acceptance before they laugh.

But we are talking money then. Anything to make it I guess

Joan Rivers poked fun at public figures, Russell Peters at ethnic differences. Jeff Dunham banked on his skillful ventriloquism.

They all kinda have their own niche in theme and content, which is why they have the tendency to get boring and predictable. Sexist or not, Chris Rock isn't all that funny IMO.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

He's just not funny. I could sit through an entire standup show of his w/o so much as a stray giggle. He does offer the rare bout of wisdom to his audiences tho. I kinda wanted to showcase that with a 'Rich Vs. Wealthy' segment of his, but I couldn't find it.

Now Dave Chapelle is funny! I'm also glad you mentioned the late Bernie Mac. I can't stand Kat Williams, but he's at least had his moments.

I'm with you on Chris Rock and David Chapelle. Lol @ Katt Williams. With him it's either you like him or not
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by fulanigirl(f): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2015
SirShymex:

Martin Lawrence is funny as fvck...that's the DC comic legend. grin Eddie Griffin is nuts. Tracy Morgan was into comedy before acting.

Err, you should at least know DL Hughley from The Hughleys. The show was on TV for a long time.

When was the show aired? Eddie griffin will say ANYTHING
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by LordReed(m): 9:17am On Jan 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Joan Rivers poked fun at public figures, Russell Peters at ethnic differences. Jeff Dunham banked on his skillful ventriloquism.

They all kinda have their own niche in theme and content, which is why they have the tendency to get boring and predictable. Sexist or not, Chris Rock isn't all that funny IMO.

True, the jokes get old... Fast.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2015
LordReed:

True, the jokes get old... Fast.

Oh yh, def.
Re: What Men Want According To Comedian Chris Rock.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
fulanigirl:

When was the show aired? Eddie griffin will say ANYTHING

I think from 2002 or so, on Sky 1.

Eddie Griffin is gangsta with it, and he's the LA version of Chicago's own Bernie Mac.

Err,if you think Chris Rock is sexist, what do you think about both Eddie Griffin and Bernie Mac? grin

Remember Bernie Mac's most famous line, "just give her the d1ck!!" - bwahahahaha. I think you just hate Chris Rock for no reason.

Anyway, you need to check out Paul Mooney. He was Richard Pryor's right hand man back in the day, and a lot of white people think he's "racist" cos he's too real. And he's also from that civil rights movement era, with Harry Belafonte. I stole the "nyggah wake up call" line I use here all the time from him. That's the triple OG right there.

Check out Aries Spears as well - he's funny as hell. Corey Holcomb from Jamie Foxx's Foxxhole crew is also nuts. And Tommy Davidson will bring tears of joy to your eyes. African Americans are super talented in all kinds of ways, I tell ya. Great people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quality Traditional African Nigerian Adire(Tie and Dye), Batik Kampala Fabrics / Is My Wife Having An Emotional Affair??? / I Wish I Didn't Meet Her Through Hookup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.