Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) (36236 Views)

Real Madrid Celebrates Laliga Title Triumph In Style (photos). / Buhari Leading In Most Of Thr Polling Unis Counted So Far In Gboko / One Of Kano State Beautiful Flyover Built By Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by Lailerh(f): 12:47am On Jan 02, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Awesome!!!!!

Waiting for the bad belle guys from the other side of the Niger to show up and start calling them names like abok.i, almajiri and mallam like they ain't humans.

I swear ethnic bigots should be sentenced to death by hanging, they ain't so different from terrorists..

you literally made me laugh out loud in the middle of the night grin
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by mcfynest(m): 12:57am On Jan 02, 2015
robinicule:
for ur sleep

chai, NETWORK o
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by sayusuf(m): 12:58am On Jan 02, 2015
Kwankwasiyya Amana. Jan hali jan aiki.
Don't under estimate aboki
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by poseidon12: 12:59am On Jan 02, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Awesome!!!!!

Waiting for the bad belle guys from the other side of the Niger to show up and start calling them names like abok.i, almajiri and mallam like they ain't humans.

I swear ethnic bigots should be sentenced to death by hanging, they ain't so different from terrorists..

I guess the 'death sentence' should start with you because you came across just as an ethnic bigot. Nigerians are very funny people. Easy to call others names that they are mirror image of.

To the topic. Very nice of the Kano State govt. Other states should emulate this orderly way of welcoming the new year. And they can then strictly enforce ban on indiscriminate throwing of bangers.
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by poseidon12: 1:06am On Jan 02, 2015
Kenai:

You're going to be among the first to be executed, because you're a bigot yourself.
Mumu trying to goad people into starting a flamewar with your idiotic reference of "people from the other side of the Niger".
Wetin concern people from the other side of the Niger with this so-called festival they're doing?
Abeg, if you want to commend Kano people, do so without these silly underhanded swipes at others. I thought the spirit of the New Year would have given you some little common sense, but it turns out I was wrong.

I thought so too. Nigerians seem to be among the most prejudiced and narrow minded people.

2 Likes

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by Bifwoli: 1:09am On Jan 02, 2015
Christian cultural and religious influence is alive and thriving with muslims toasting to a new year with pomp and visibility but their own new year(in March ) is always a low key understated affair.

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by merits(m): 2:28am On Jan 02, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]awesome
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by jumbotron: 3:11am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:
Nairaland is a crazy joint.
I wanted writing A.bo.ki and its changing it to northerner.

Mr Seun, who told u A.bo.ki = Northerner?
This is a new year o! Let's not start getting things wrong.

Meanwhile, the hypocrisy of muslims knows no bound. I sent happy new year to a classmate and he responded that New Year is a kufr celebration and real muslims don't celebrate it. Chai! Some people start the year by thinking with their appendix.

Are they not Northerners, the word A.bo.ki has been turned into something derogatory by non-northerners so kudos to Mr. Seun for ensuring that people can not use it. In Saudi Arabia, NY is not recognized...the islamic calendar has it's own new year. He was not being hypocritical. It is his belief! Most Nigerian muslims are very accommodating, we celebrate their holidays and they celebrate ours as well. Lastly, Kano has a good size christian population.
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by jumbotron: 3:12am On Jan 02, 2015
Francis5:
Pack of dirty-looking, desert-infested humans.

Wow, as you have called God's creatures dirty looking and infested, I hope you feel better about your own self.

3 Likes

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by bendeniceguy: 3:19am On Jan 02, 2015
cannonnier:
PROUDLY NORTHERN.
PROUDLY KWANKWASIYYA.
PROUDLY NIGERIAN.
grin

SAI BUHARI
I thought you moslems have a different new year date according to mohammed (my yansh) soon una go begin celebrate christmas blowing yourselves up with bangers!!! By the way, how will Buhari look in a santa claus costume?
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by Sunnyade01(m): 3:36am On Jan 02, 2015
One Nai.je.ria. One love ❤
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by vanstanzy(m): 3:40am On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by magic10(m): 3:47am On Jan 02, 2015
Oh my God! How comes I missed this... Best Gorvenor... U make us feel among now.. Kano like lagos
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by knowledgeable: 3:48am On Jan 02, 2015
ndcide:
Sai Buhari...

Why sai Buhari, the good things that happened to them, is because of Jonathan government. GEJ till 2019!!!.

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by overlord77: 3:57am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:

Meanwhile, the hypocrisy of muslims knows no bound. I sent happy new year to a classmate and he responded that New Year is a kufr celebration and real muslims don't celebrate it. Chai! Some people start the year by thinking with their appendix.

I guess the classmate is not enlightened enough, delete his contact details fast. Lol
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by iluvpomo(m): 4:07am On Jan 02, 2015
brave guys, especially with boko boys tendency to "gate crash" these parties

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by annisy(f): 4:16am On Jan 02, 2015
Abokissss
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by begwong: 4:44am On Jan 02, 2015
mcfynest:
ist to comment cheesy
this is 2015, stop using 3310 to comment.
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by jemby: 5:19am On Jan 02, 2015
babyfun:
All na campaign strategies....lol

We just thank God those beasts were not there to scatter the whole place with bomb.

Logan Square, Lincoln Park or South side
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by wilyparker(m): 5:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Aboki
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by wilyparker(m): 5:34am On Jan 02, 2015
Aboki
Bleep
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by onadana: 5:45am On Jan 02, 2015
This people no fear bomb.......

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by zaksrocafella(m): 6:10am On Jan 02, 2015
OlieEvan:
There's A place in the Bible that Says FEAR NOrTh.
with people like you bible will continue to be manipulated
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by ibnjarir93(m): 6:10am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:

What hypocrisy are u talking abt, & what the heck do u mean by hypocrisy? We Muslims have our calendar & our new year came before this jan.. I've also seen some Christians that don't celebrate xmas, & what do I call them? Hypocrites? No.
Just because someone differ with u doesn't mean you should loathe or abuse him; learn to tolerate.

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by pretty050(f): 6:15am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:

and some of my muslim friends sent me christmas messages
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by enkay11: 6:24am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:

As in eh! I ran into a Muslim friend and I said happy new year. He said, What's so special about the new year? He said it is like every other day. Na so I just dey look am.
Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by securi: 6:25am On Jan 02, 2015
This is most disheartening! Desecrating the symbol of Islam in this manner is unfair, there is no reason @ all to do this. I think the fair thing is for the moderator to ban this guy.
NB: I am a Christian from SW, but we need to respect each other belief, even Pagans deserve respect.
[quote author=bendeniceguy post=29408277] I thought you moslems have a different new year date according to mohammed (my yansh)

1 Like

Re: Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) by robinsoncrosoe: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2015
this one na bone to bone congregation.no meat inbetween.I can never be in this kind of homolistic gathering.

I see a lot of dirty looking terrorists
No females because they have used all for sucide bombing
The little girls of abt ten years who are suppose to be in skool are married off to me six times their age.
See them...northern illiterates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Involving Iyare Motors & A Highlander On Benin Igbobazuwa Way: Graphic / 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.