Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) (768 Views)

What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? / Is The Kingdom Of Nri Really Older Than Oyo Empire? / Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) by Tobetoe(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2015
Happy New Year Nlanders, may we find joy,peace and all the things of life this year and may our heart desires be met this year .amen...

Chicken has been the must sought after for the past two weeks ,includinq all occasion and all must have tasted chicken in one form or the other..... There is this culture in igboland that i find so repulsive, and i cant cope with such: children cant eat a whole egg of chicken or any other,and why the gizzard of a chicken must be left for the older ones to consume.

What is sauce for the goose should also be sauce for the gander,..... After midnite mass @both christmas and new yr celebrations, we take an appetizer first ,we dont miss chicken and fish pepper soup early those morninq, durinq those courses what baffles me most is that the chicken gizzard will always be preserved for the eldest, i kept my calm and just yesterday the new year, all took their turn and when i came for mine ,i saw the gizzard starinq and darinq me , i couldnt help it ,as i dished it immediately and slowly chew it down my lower dicotomy .. A drama ensued later in the eveninq ,when my eldest requested for the chicken gizzard, i told her plainly that i ate it ,see how furious she went,shoutinq at me ,ar u the senior, then i sharply told,that i dontknow abt that culture... Mehhnn, the thinq pained her oo, buh me i no send at all...
So Nlanders, is there such a culture, why must the chicken gizzard be left for the older ones .... Ur view
Re: Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) by Tobetoe(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2015
Pics
Re: Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) by holatin(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2015
but we don't eat lizard in our house
Re: Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 02, 2015
holatin:
but we don't eat lizard in our house
xo you can't read ?
Re: Chicken Gizzard: Must It Be Left For The Older In The Family To Consume (pics) by Tobetoe(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2015
X

(1) (Reply)

The Yorubas / The Christian/muslim Mantra- No One Is Perfect. / Buddafly's Ethnic Group Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.