Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others (15883 Views)

Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump / CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund / Oil Slump: Banks Face Financial Distress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
this is annoying, the country 's economy is getting weak and weaker every day. This okonjo Iweala is either overrated or has joined in nailing us down. I dont know much about economics but I know that borrowings in never a good idea. it keep crashing the Naira. little wonder why Okonjo told FG to be paying her salary in dollar .... u can see she doesn't trust the system in which she belong.
she has turn to "A G I P " (any government in power) . she is even more wicked than what people think.

5 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2015
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2015
Here we go again. sad

1 Like

"Jonathan is destined to bankrupt Nigeria" - Pastor Tunde Bakere

The problem is not borrowing, it should be how the money will be shared among their paddies.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2015
Ok ooooooo.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by kentochi(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Good will see us through
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by clemhova: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2015
calebo101:

You mean the miracle of cancellation of railways and housing projects?

You actually want buhari to come and stop all infrastructural projects, keep money in the bank and finally turn Nigeria to Zimbabwe, right?

Sometimes i sincerely wish you guys look beyond your shadows and see the brighter light.
During his tenure nigeria had no debt and our Naira was very strong (N1 to $2) even the west was were not comfortable with it and was putting pressure on himbto devalue the naira.

He didnt believe in borrowing to execute projects, gather the wealth first and execute without consequences on the future generation.

This he did very well when he was in PTDF, where funds were readily available from excess crude. He excuted numerous project that i can bet that you saw and even benefited from...

3 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Aklofs: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2015
gameboy727:
These are hard times. I just pray at the end of the day this would reflect on the masses in the street. I hope the money shall be utilized for the projects mentioned.
keep dreaming

4 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2015
clemhova:

During his tenure nigeria had no debt and our Naira was very strong (N1 to $2) even the west was were not comfortable with it and was putting pressure on himbto devalue the naira.

He didnt believe in borrowing to execute projects, gather the wealth first and execute without consequences on the future generation.

This he did very well when he was in PTDF, where funds were readily available from excess crude. He excuted numerous project that i can bet that you saw and even benefited from...

Like my children would benefit from Jonathan's reforms. Are you aware that the trains are moving, as in real life and not in the movies? And we have airport in the east now? And my family bought rice for 8500 naira.....

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by gameboy727(m): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2015
Aklofs:

keep dreaming
Seriously I just hope something good comes ulout of this.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by gabuu(m): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2015
'She stated that the sum of $100m (N16.8bn) would be sourced from the World Bank for Clean Energy Technology project; $800m (N135.4bn) would be obtained from the African Development Bank and the Islamic Development Bank for the East-West Road project, while $4.8bn N806.4bn) would be borrowed for the Mambila Hydro Electric Power Project from China Exim Bank'.

The devil is always in the details.
Borrowing from an Islamic bank to Fund East-West road. Yet they say Buhari is an Islamic Bigot.

Nigeria Sai Buhari

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by angelo82: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2015
Because Jonah is taking advice from Babangida who owed the debt that Obj paid.......I hope you get the math.....

Ayekotoo:
God, what have we done to deserve this as a country? We have people in governance that lack the creativity needed to transform our country. Must we always borrow? OBJ paid the debt, Jona is racking it up again. All the previous debts taken for capital projects have not been accounted for, now we are to take more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by bruno419(m): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2015
temi4fash:

When would you begin to reason?
when u die
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by mrlabari(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2015
u see d probl wit naij we lose$20b b/w 3 ppl nothing hes been don & non dy wont 2 borr money 4 dr on good lipsrsealed
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Aklofs: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2015
gameboy727:
Seriously I just hope something good comes ulout of this.
notin will happen.
just that d rich will kip gettin richer nd d poor....

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by gameboy727(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2015
Aklofs:

notin will happen.
just that d rich will kip gettin richer nd d poor....
Just being optimistic though.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by tonte(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2015
GEJ's govt reduced Nigeria's 99% dependency on oil to 79% actually

yemionline:
We have so many other mineral and natural resources to tap into. why we choose to depend solely on crude oil still remains a mystery to me.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by PStacks(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2015
We are being sold into slavery..

The Debtor is always Slave to the Creditor.

Our future and the future of younger generation is being mortgaged away.

GEJ is not an administrator, he can't manage resources.

Can't wait for Buhari..

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by tonte(m): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2015
I'm assuming that you are just joking with this your post...if you are not, then I'd like to assume that you are underage and so cannot understand anything that has to do with macroeconomics, and if you aren't underage and you think like this, then you need to get educated or else, in all honesty, you are finished

koredeolanrewaju:
Am just crying for our Govt borrowing from outsiders when we have our CBN functioning and that can print for as many monies as possible..y borrowing? Let them print for this project to be executed instead of debt financing. Too much nah..crazy pple. God will help us in this country.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by tonte(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2015
but why is the government supposed to pay for the fuel that you use?

richybanky:
3years ago, Dr. Ebele Jonathan threw Nigeria in confusion and economic hardship by removing the subsidy on fuel... Oga jonathan in his usual manner of lying with gentility told nigerians that the economy was ending for the rocks,that subsidy removal was the only panacea... Three years after, nothing has changed, nobody has felt the effect of the money saved from subsidy... This singular pain, deceitfully inflicts d on the masses is enough to reject Mr.Jonathan at the poll in the coming election... GEJ is a 'bad product' that is very difficult to advertise/sell...Nigeria has never being this stagnant since 1999.. Obasanjo was known for fighting corruption by institutionalising EFFC even if it was carrot and stick method, He was concerned for the health of his fellow citizens by putting in place NAFDAC..He changed the face of communication in Nigeria and many more... Late Yaradua was known for amnesty... Abeg, what is President Jonathan known for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Kessyy2k4(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2015
buh....we are rated as the biggest Economy in Africa now are my missing sumfin? madam NOI use don package our money inside ur Gale abigrin

by the time GMB come Aso rock, u & ur boss GEJ go shelter in KIRI-KIRIgringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by tonte(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2015
PTF is not a Buhari achievement, it was an Abacha initiative...Buhari didn't borrow any money but how was the lives of the citizens then and how is it now? the exposure then and now are they the same, the wealth creation platforms then and now, are they the same? the foreign investments then and now are they on the same level?

clemhova:

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Ayekotoo(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2015
calebo101:

You mean the miracle of cancellation of railways and housing projects?

You actually want buhari to come and stop all infrastructural projects, keep money in the bank and finally turn Nigeria to Zimbabwe, right?

Sometimes i sincerely wish you guys look beyond your shadows and see the brighter light.
Shut it! Did Nigeria become worse off during the Buhari military regime compare with the Jonathan era? why are we still stagnant as a nation when other have moved and left us?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2015
tonte:
but why is the government supposed to pay for the fuel that you use?

That's not his point. What happened to the money? Why is Nigeria so unprepared for the price crash? What happened to the reserves and the money supposedly saved from the subsidy removal? Why is Nigeria broke?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by yinchar(m): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2015
An in depth analysis clearly shows that all the work GEJ have been doing from railways to road etc are all done with fund from loans. GEJ kept on indebting this great nation, or how can 2015 budget have only 14% Capital project with the remaining recurrent. God deliver us from this evil.

GMB 2015

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 02, 2015
papiforreal:
This dummy Just want make sure he ruin this country before leaving office come 2015... God please bless my hustle make i leave this country to more saner society.

Click like if you believe GMB is the person we need!

The way you guys are forcing GMB on people's throat is raising a lot of questions, i wonder if isnt better to just stick to the devil we know rather than the self acclaimed corruption fighter that is being sponsored by rivers state stolen money. Corruption indeed!
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by ajayifocus: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2015
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by ajayifocus: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2015
hmmm
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Sibabasibaba1: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2015
When Lagos State (APC) borrows, it us good for Lagos' economy. When FG (PDP) borrows, GEJ wants to bankrupt Nigeria.

....APC and hypocricy are conjoined twins.

1 Like

Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Smooyis(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2015
The prophecy of a revolution may be sooner than we expected! God save Nigeria.
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by cap28: 11:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Our enslavement to the international banking cartels continues all thanks to okonjo iweala and her cronies
Re: Oil Slump: FG May Borrow From World Bank, Others by Sibabasibaba1: 11:43am On Jan 02, 2015
clemhova:

---

Why do you guys still peddle this lie that Nigeria had no debt during Buhari's regime? @ datolee had in a previous thread given a lie to this claim. Please check the thread ' the many lies of Buhari's supporters'. When Buhari illegally sacked Shagari, our foreign debt was $15 billion but by the time Buhari was sacked by his co-evil men, our total debt was $19 billion. This means that Buhari, in just 20 months plunged us into $4 billion debt.

A little research on Nigerian debts since 1980 will make you more knowledgeable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ABCON To CBN: Reduce FX Rate So Our Members Can Bid For More Dollars / 10 Types Of People You Find In The Banking Hall / What Business Can I Set Up For My Elderly Father In The Village?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.