Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262480 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by NokiaN8(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2015
But sepember or october. Is real.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by oyinnene: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2015
Mimzy, pls beep me on 08036784488. I want to confirm something. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by addo4real: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
NokiaN8:
But sepember or october. Is real.
we are in Oct already. Allah ya ba mu sa ah
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by dantedante: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
Admin,Pls add me to the whatsapp group. My number is 08063346138.Thank u
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hi guys,
Sorry I am replying your messages late. I haven't been online lately, I just saw them now. Well my experience at the Nigeria Army Short Service Combatant (SSC) selection board 42 2013 was a tough one but all the same it was fun. I missed the life at NDA and I always look forward to going back.
This was my first time at the selection board after my Youth service. I was a novice then, I made friends at NDA, my room mate at NDA was a son to former chief of Army staff Ihejirika. We spent 2 good weeks, you spending those time at NDA during selection board shows you've been successful at all stages but it every day of uncertainty,difficult task and luck. We were screened daily on different platforms and criteria.
It was the first job interview I ever attended fresh from University and Youth service.
Lemme begin my story by telling you how it all started: my first day at NDA, I arrived at the old site by 4pm on the speculated date on the newspaper that was friday. I was wearing a kaftan with my boxes, a soldier told me to changed into the white and blue dress code, we sat on the tarred floor for hours before we were given chest number and taken to our rooms respectively.
The following day we went through credential screening, where they check age,primary cert, degree and odas, people with over age and third class degree were sent back home immediately,d next day we had apptitude test, 30 people were shortlisted on d newspaper,so after d credential and apptitude test we were all less than 20 per state. After that we had medicals at nigeria army One division kaduna for 3 days. When the results were announced , we the lucky ones proceeded to the race, 3.2 km within 15mins, I made through all this stages, I completed my race within 12mins. After this we did obstacle crossing, psychology test and final board interview.
In the interview ,you have senior officers interview you on your field of study, I studied Bsc Geography with second class upper division, so that made it a hell of an interview for me, that bombarded me with a lot of questions trying to see how confident I am, you know the army knows a lot on Geography. Well after the interview we all went back to our various localities and that was the end.
I try to cut it short but lemme confess to you I love the experience and I missed it, many of my colleagues are now 2nd lieutenant in the Nigerian Army and others went back, they are passing out september 12 insha Allah.
2013 after the list came out I wept secretly and silently for the love of the job but I believe one day my passion for the army is gonna come true and I will be commissioned. Brothers and sisters never give up on your dream. Keep pursuing it you will surely get there one day. I didn't tell you about how we jog from hostel to cadet mess to eat and jog back.There was a day we jog after taking eba in the afternoon and my tommy got chocked up, oboy no be small thing oo. The food routine is Tea and NDA bread in the morning, eba or semovita in the afternoon and rice in the night. But I still love the Nigerian Army and I will still keep trying even if I can't make it, I will make sure one of my children does achieve the dream for me. Am ready to answer any of your questions anytime. Thanks

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Zadok2010: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
pls who has an authentic news as per when d dssc form will b on sale?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Zadok2010:
pls who has an authentic news as per when d dssc form will b on sale?

Nobody can guarantee you authenticity of when the form will be on sale bro, just expectations and mere guessing. Just be ready it can happen anytime. The present ssc cadet are passing out september 12 . So let hope for miracle to happen before or after their POP. What am sure of is that it an annual thing for Army to take in cadets for SSC/DSSC for january training. So let keep waiting
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2015
mustiusman:
Hi guys,
Sorry I am replying your messages late. I haven't been online lately, I just saw them now. Well my experience at the Nigeria Army Short Service Combatant (SSC) selection board 42 2013 was a tough one but all the same it was fun. I missed the life at NDA and I always look forward to going back.
This was my first time at the selection board after my Youth service. I was a novice then, I made friends at NDA, my room mate at NDA was a son to former chief of Army staff Ihejirika. We spent 2 good weeks, you spending those time at NDA during selection board shows you've been successful at all stages but it every day of uncertainty,difficult task and luck. We were screened daily on different platforms and criteria.
It was the first job interview I ever attended fresh from University and Youth service.
Lemme begin my story by telling you how it all started: my first day at NDA, I arrived at the old site by 4pm on the speculated date on the newspaper that was friday. I was wearing a kaftan with my boxes, a soldier told me to changed into the white and blue dress code, we sat on the tarred floor for hours before we were given chest number and taken to our rooms respectively.
The following day we went through credential screening, where they check age,primary cert, degree and odas, people with over age and third class degree were sent back home immediately,d next day we had apptitude test, 30 people were shortlisted on d newspaper,so after d credential and apptitude test we were all less than 20 per state. After that we had medicals at nigeria army One division kaduna for 3 days. When the results were announced , we the lucky ones proceeded to the race, 3.2 km within 15mins, I made through all this stages, I completed my race within 12mins. After this we did obstacle crossing, psychology test and final board interview.
In the interview ,you have senior officers interview you on your field of study, I studied Bsc Geography with second class upper division, so that made it a hell of an interview for me, that bombarded me with a lot of questions trying to see how confident I am, you know the army knows a lot on Geography. Well after the interview we all went back to our various localities and that was the end.
I try to cut it short but lemme confess to you I love the experience and I missed it, many of my colleagues are now 2nd lieutenant in the Nigerian Army and others went back, they are passing out september 12 insha Allah.
2013 after the list came out I wept secretly and silently for the love of the job but I believe one day my passion for the army is gonna come true and I will be commissioned. Brothers and sisters never give up on your dream. Keep pursuing it you will surely get there one day. I didn't tell you about how we jog from hostel to cadet mess to eat and jog back.There was a day we jog after taking eba in the afternoon and my tommy got chocked up, oboy no be small thing oo. The food routine is Tea and NDA bread in the morning, eba or semovita in the afternoon and rice in the night. But I still love the Nigerian Army and I will still keep trying evm I can't make it, I will make sure one of my children does achieve the dream for me. Am ready to answer any of your questions anytime. Thanks

God bless u for taking out time to relate your experience to us. i really enjoyed it. i have a few questions though

was it all of you that applied that were camped at NDA? if not, then it means only some of u were selected. on what basis was the selection made?

also, i have misplaced my primary school certificate. do tthey accept affidavit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Zadok2010: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
mustiusman:

Nobody can guarantee you authenticity of when the form will be on sale bro, just expectations and mere guessing. Just be ready it can happen anytime. The present ssc cadet are passing out september 12 . So let hope for miracle to happen before or after their POP. What am sure of is that it an annual thing for Army to take in cadets for SSC/DSSC for january training. So let keep waiting

tx mustiusman
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
odimbannamdi:

God bless u for taking out time to relate your experience to us. i really enjoyed it. i have a few questions though

was it all of you that applied that were camped at NDA? if not, then it means only some of u were selected. on what basis was the selection made?

also, i have misplaced my primary school certificate. do tthey accept affidavit?

No, only 30 people were shortlisted per state 2013 but normally it 20 people per state for the selection board in previous years. The shortlisted applicants are normally published on the national dailies newspaper. The basis for selection I don't know ooo, just get strong leg, if you no get, hold onto God, he is the alpha and omega.
About your primary certificate, if you misplaced your cert, use your primary school testimonial, am sure you can get that from your school if you go back there, affidavit will do too I think with explanation if you are lucky.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by viqueta(m): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
mustiusman:

No, only 30 people were shortlisted per state 2013 but normally it 20 people per state for the selection board in previous years. The shortlisted applicants are normally published on the national dailies newspaper. The basis for selection I don't know ooo, just get strong leg, if you no get, hold onto God, he is the alpha and omega.
About your primary certificate, if you misplaced your cert, use your primary school testimonial, am sure you can get that from your school if you go back there, affidavit will do too I think with explanation if you are lucky.
How's the aptitude test like?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2015
@mustiusman. What about confirmation of attendance in the case of primary six cert? That was what i was given at the ministry of education as my set was not given the cert but the confirmation of attendance
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2015
viqueta:
How's the aptitude test like?

Well it simple bro I guess, current affairs, maths and english, finally an essay on "WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE NIGERIA ARMY".
Please note that at the final board interview stage, you might be ask to read from the essay you wrote at the apptitude test.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 10:09am On Sep 04, 2015
Generaloluseye:
@mustiusman. What about confirmation of attendance in the case of primary six cert? That was what i was given at the ministry of education as my set was not given the cert but the confirmation of attendance

If it was given to you by the ministry then it valid. You will explain it to them at the selection board. They will listen to you as you're screened, you need to be confident and discipline in your approach.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 11:07am On Sep 04, 2015
@mustiusman. Thanks. Pls explain confidence in your own language as it could be interpreted as being rude. It happened to me in airforce exams in 2012 and i almost got a slap for it
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
Generaloluseye:
@mustiusman. Thanks. Pls explain confidence in your own language as it could be interpreted as being rude. It happened to me in airforce exams in 2012 and i almost got a slap for it

Well @Generaloluseye Confidence to me it being sure of the righteousness of your point of view and expressing it to someone in a polite manner. There is a way you confront someone as a gentleman that he or she will be pleased to help you without hesitation
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by linocol0075: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2015
I don't have primary sch leaving Certificate o, left school in primary five, entered a military secondary school, nd also graduated from a federal university. Is that not enough?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2015
You didn't go back for an exam? I left in primary 5 too but went back for my exam, in fact I wrote alone so I got my cert.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by itsmajoe: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
please add me, 08038052712
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by rashfat(m): 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
pls add me..... 08162723798
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by linocol0075: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
mimzy007:
You didn't go back for an exam? I left in primary 5 too but went back for my exam, in fact I wrote alone so I got my cert.

Since 1998, I just went to military school then for my secondary immediately. After all, military schools hold their own common entrance.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
I suffered last year to get my L.G.A chairman to sign,attest and put his passport..Only for N.A to shortlist me out for no reason from the dallies..Up till today,my form is still under my bed..My #2,500 jus enta voicemail..And u say make i apply dis tin again??NEVER!! MAKE DEM CHOP DIA SHORT SERVICE..I NOR WANT..Rubbish
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mustiusman: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
OrangeDream:
I suffered last year to get my L.G.A chairman to sign,attest and put his passport..Only for N.A to shortlist me out for no reason from the dallies..Up till today,my form is still under my bed..My #2,500 jus enta voicemail..And u say make i apply dis tin again??NEVER!! MAKE DEM CHOP DIA SHORT SERVICE..I NOR WANT..Rubbish

Lol guy calm down, wetin you want make guys wey don apply like many times do? You only applied once, if you have passion for the job, am sure you won't mind the expense involve although oboy if you no get smal leg or you no believe say God can perform miracle in your life then no apply again.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Church12: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
pls add me 08034899997
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by rubber: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Add 07062960508
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by NokiaN8(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2015
My brother 4rm 2013 said the truth.. I was also there,but didnt make it to the end. I love the bus ride to one div, 4 the medicals, and the morning bread wey be like olumo rock.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2015
NokiaN8:
My brother 4rm 2013 said the truth..
pls share ur own experience too.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2015
@mustiusman. Pls enlighten us about the medicals esp eyes and tooth. A friend EK 16 had his ECG disappeared mysteriously and was not allowed to run. Do we ve any politics in the medicals too. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2015
add me 08097077434
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
2 days to go
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Generaloluseye:
2 days to go
senior general, long time. this ur your " 2 days to go" i no understand o
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
ajisebioyo1:

senior general, long time. this ur your " 2 days to go" i no understand o
one day to pop of ssc 43, lets see what happens to our form from there

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.