Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (263159 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by jbichene(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Generaloluseye:
Good to find my self in this new thread. The diff btw dssc and ssc is that dssc is for professionals like engineers, doctors, lawyers, chaplain...etcwhile ssc is for a graduate of any course not listed in a particular year during advert. Dssc training is for 6 months while ssc training is for 9 months. Dssc gets two star while ssc gets one star after training. I hope that helps
,[quote author=wristbangle post=36643538]
Good day sir , I know very little about both but I hope to know more cos am having a very difficult time making a choice , so I have two questions . 1. Please is there any difference b/w this dssc ,ssc and an nda graduate cause am currently an engineering student and am thinking on if to reapply to nda and start afresh or graduate first and do the dssc, because when I hear about dssc and ssc I always hear a clause attached to it which I don't understand "combat support roles" am hoping to be a full combatant. 2 does a masters degree give any extra rank. thank you
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Donniewestly(m): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
jbichene:
Lemme start answering your question from ur last.
1.) A masters degree gives advantage to people applying for DSSC. But with or without a masters degree you can apply for either DSSC or SSC.
2.) NDA is a military university for secondary school graduates which after five years of study you're given the rank of a 2nd lieutenant.

SSC/DSSC - Short Service Combatant/Direct Short Service is a military commissioning for graduates of any university who didn't have the opportunity to go through the military university (NDA) but still want to join the military. "2nd lieutenant" (One star) is the rank given to SSC applicants which is the same with NDA graduates while "lieutenant" (Two stars) is the rank for DSSC, which is a rank ahead. This is due to the fact that DSSC was originally made for professionals of specific fields like Engineers, medical doctors, chaplains, pharmacists, etc. just think of practioners of any field, people who have so many years of experience in their fields. The age bracket for SSC is between 24-29 while DSSC is between 22-35 even up to 40.

Remember: With or without a masters degree, you can apply for any of them as long as you have *******.

On promotion: SSC can go farther than DSSC.
People believe DSSC has "Brigadier General" to be its maximum rank while SSC can go beyond and above a Brigadier.
Summary:
DSSC is trained for just 6 months and given the rank of a lieutenant - 2 stars but have limitations in growth when they get to a Brigadier General.
SSC is trained for 9 months and given the rank of a 2nd lieutenant - 1 star. No limitations as long as you go for courses and pass them
NDA Graduates are trained for 5 years and given the rank of a 2nd lieutenant - 1 star. No limitations as long as you go for courses and pass them

I just hope i was able to make a difference.....

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fieldmarshal1064: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
My officers in the house. I am always open and free-minded. I do nt tolerate victimization and the likes. Days back, i was added in the gallant officer's forum on whatsapp. That was good coz we cud air out oir views. I was informed that no beep shud b dropped till 8pm EXCEPT IT IS A BREAKING NEWS. I dropped a breaking news 2day at about 11am, but i av been removed from the forum. The news was a just announced recruitment by the Nig. Army this morning. To the best of my understanding, this is a breaking news as nt everyone may b opportuned to hear dat news. Y AM I BEEN VICTIMIZED, I NEED JUSTICE! Esprit de Corps

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fieldmarshal1064: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
I wil respectfully wnt to talk directly with the Admin. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Spidermon: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Spidermon: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Fieldmarshal1064:
My officers in the house. I am always open and free-minded. I do nt tolerate victimization and the likes. Days back, i was added in the gallant officer's forum on whatsapp. That was good coz we cud air out oir views. I was informed that no beep shud b dropped till 8pm EXCEPT IT IS A BREAKING NEWS. I dropped a breaking news 2day at about 11am, but i av been removed from the forum. The news was a just announced recruitment by the Nig. Army this morning. To the best of my understanding, this is a breaking news as nt everyone may b opportuned to hear dat news. Y AM I BEEN VICTIMIZED, I NEED JUSTICE! Esprit de Corps

Please can you give us the information you have and the source because I have asked around and nobody seems to have heard any news. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by manfarry(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pls add me on the whatsapp page:08069078409
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Donniewestly(m): 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pls add me on the whatsapp forum....08039121927...Thank you
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by onyibajoe(m): 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
08071......... add me also. I pledge not to violet the laid down rules
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Monsup sirs ,permission to join this parade on whatsapp ...pls add
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
pls can one apply while doing her nysc or should he or she wait till when nysc will discharge her?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fieldmarshal1064: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2015
Till now no one seems to understand my plight
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by takleboy(m): 10:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Fieldmarshal1064:
Council of elders are delibrating on yr issue presently

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mkoabiola: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Fieldmarshal1064:
Guy ,don't worry ursef abt d grp even if u were deleted.
It not a prequisite for admission.
We av gurus who will awlys gv u info here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Donwizy1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
No retrieve! No surrender!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by oyinnene: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2015
Info I have is dat d COAS is cleaning up d mess created by Gen Minimah. Ranging from court marshal of soldiers n officers and unlawful dismissal of some military personnel. So after settling all these, DSSC/SSC will com up. General Oluseye, Mimzy and odas, I hail o.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2015
Oyinnene I hail, thanks for the info. Their screening started on friday at NDA So things are moving, lets stay positive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by oyinnene: 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mimzy, pls which screening r u talking about? poundsmaker, I no see u 4 here nah. Wetin happen?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
The screening of court martial/dismissed officers & soldiers. The cases are being reviewed at NDA old site, its to run from 7th-24th August if I'm not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
oyinnene:
Mimzy, pls which screening r u talking about? poundsmaker, I no see u 4 here nah. Wetin happen?
I dey ooo my brother. I just decided to be a nland looker for now. My amiable oga mimzy aka fire, aka iron lady, aka thunder, aka basuka machine gun, aka never get tired, aka challenge accepted. You're too much. Thanks a bunch for responding to queries on this thread. Ahua!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
Oga Poundsmaker I salute, you're welcome. It is very necessary to keep the hope alive so some of us don't go into panic mode, as this has turned out to be a unique year.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by ottival: 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sunnysteve009:
actually i passed medicals and credential verification but i was unable to make it to the final board, because i was screen out at 3.2km race, i arived in 21mins instead of the aproved 18mins,it was fun with a lot of expirienced
Pls what's d required range for BP pls it's urgrnt
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 9:08am On Aug 11, 2015
nancyifeatu:
pls can one apply while doing her nysc or should he or she wait till when nysc will discharge
her?
apply after nysc speaking from experience
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by anthney87: 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
My number. Add to whatapps 07052055694
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Although i dropped my number here to be added on the so called gallant officers whatsapp group, but on a second thought, i do not think it will be wise if we all migrate to the group because it will lead to the inevitable death of this thread.

please, let all communication be done here. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by virud: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
All of you publishing your mobile numbers here are vulnerable of being scammed... big time! Do yourselves a favour by modifying your posts (delete your contact number). Are there no better means of identifying with whatever group you want to identify with

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Have been silently watching people here with the desperation of being in the whatsapp group. For me i never saw anything important abt the whatsapp group. The only importance of it is to disturb and waste my battery with with unnecessary messages.. To be candid, i dont think there is any update abt the NA that will not be disclosed here. Have forgotten the name of one young man Here that was asking for justice simply because they removed him frm the whatsapp group. Finally i belief the purpose of this forum is to share any latest info abt the dssc in NA and not to initiate any other forum or group. Finally finally me too just design another group for wechat, 2go, instagram and linkedln

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by informato: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
ajisebioyo1:
Have been silently watching people here with the desperation of being in the whatsapp group. For me i never saw anything important abt the whatsapp group. The only importance of it is to disturb and waste my battery with with unnecessary messages.. To be candid, i dont think there is any update abt the NA that will not be disclosed here. Have forgotten the name of one young man Here that was asking for justice simply because they removed him frm the whatsapp group. Finally i belief the purpose of this forum is to share any latest info abt the dssc in NA and not to initiate any other forum or group. Finally finally me too just design another group for wechat, 2go, instagram and linkedln
hhahahahahahaja..dats the spirit...I belong to everybody... 07030261244

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fredoh(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2015
Hi guys! I want to know if anybody has any idea as to when the DSSC/SSC form will be out this 2015. I aplied in 2014 but wasn't successful. But I still keep my finger crossed. And please does the NA recruit Dssc/ssc every year?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by NokiaN8(m): 6:59am On Aug 18, 2015
G.O.C desk. Greetings to all who are awaiting the form .. Today is your tomorrow,be wise.!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2015
Let me use the medium to encourage some people, some of you may remember a certain young man called Madawaki who has been part of the NA NL thread for a few years now, he refused to give up & had been applying to get into NDA since 2013 & even when he got admission into the university he knew what he wanted. Alas his 3rd attempt this year was successful, he made it into RC 67. Perseverance pays, congrats to him. May God give us direction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fredoh(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
poundsmaker:
The final list of Nigerian army dssc & ssc has been released quite sometime but they will resume training on Monday, 5th January, 2015. So the new aspirant for the next Army dssc & Ssc 24, 2015 should meet here and share ideas, knowledge and experiences. Also to update ourselves on the release of new form for sales.
poundmaker, Na man you be Jo! We are anticipating the form. Buratai this time you go gree!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.