Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Some Interesting Facts About The World. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Interesting Facts About The World. (50447 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Famous Logos / Social Media: Some Interesting Facts You Probably Dont Know. / Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2015
149. Mir Mine, Russia 1955-2004.

We’ve all heard of the Bermuda Triangle where aircraft seem to vanish, but in Russia this sink hole is so large that the airspace above it is off-limits to pilots. A few helicopters were sucked in the hole by downdrafts into this massive mine. The mine is 525 meters (1,722 ft) deep, and has a diameter of 1,200 m (3,900 ft), and is the second largest excavated hole in the world, after Bingham Canyon Mine. The abandoned mine is located in Mirny, Eastern Siberia, Russia.
Before the mine was closed permanently in 2004, it was producing 10,000,000 carats (2,000kg) of diamonds annually.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by bsjay(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
Minet16:

u'll be shaking it until it falls of. in the begining God created the heavens (and) the earth was without form and void. d word "and" there does not specify how long it took the earth to become formless and void. he made the angels and satan before it was formless. look here's my number 08071129778. call me and get more insight. I'll b glad 2 share mysteries with you
Before I direct my questions to you, I'll love to know who you are. A bible Student(Christian), Muslim, Buddha or Hindu student?
Pls respond.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Minet16(m): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
bsjay:

Before I direct my questions to you, I'll love to know who you are. A bible Student(Christian), Muslim, Buddha or Hindu student?
Pls respond.
am a christian, a brother
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
150. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.

151. Written language was invented independently by the Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, and Mayans.

152. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000years old honey.

153. The Spanish national anthem has no words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by bsjay(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Minet16:

am a christian, a brother
Before I direct my questions to u, I need to test ur knowledge.
Pls tell me what u know about Creation from start to end.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Minet16(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
bsjay:

Before I direct my questions to u, I need to test ur knowledge.
Pls tell me what u know about Creation from start to end.
lol When I go type am finish

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 09, 2015
155. If the iceberg had been seen only 30 seconds before it was seen and the Captain was notified, the accident could have been avoided.

The four smokestacks that have become so famous, and associated with the ship. The fourth one didn't even work. It was totally just for decoration.

More than half of the lifeboats on the ship were not filled to capacity. If they had been, many more lives could have been saved.

Only one ocean liner in history has been sunk by an iceberg: Titanic.

The infamous iceberg that brought the Titanic to her knees has been floating around since around 1,000 B.C.

Comparing titanic with Modern Ship. (Oasis Of The Seas).

www.omgfacts.com/lists/15969/12-Haunting-Facts-About-The-Titanic-That-You-ve-Never-Heard-Before-7-Blew-My-Mind

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by bsjay(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Minet16:
lol When I go type am finish
Are u indirectly telling me that u don't know?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Minet16(m): 12:53am On Jan 10, 2015
bsjay:

Are u indirectly telling me that u don't know?

its too long to type
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by bsjay(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
Minet16:

its too long to type
My brother u don't know! If u are relying on the story of creation in the bible, u are then so limited compare to real knowledge of creation.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2015
Slavery: 500 years ago, A law stipulated,

1. That a planter/Farmer can import not more than 120 slaves from Africa per annum.

2. That 50 was the maximum amount of whip lashes a slave could receive per day.

cc: Obinoscopy, Ishilove.

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
156. The fastest moving land snake is the Black Mamba, which can move up to 7 miles per hour.

157. The first American president to deliver a speech over the radio was Warren G. Harding

158. Cheetahs are the fastest land animal and can reach speeds of 72mph and can see and detect any movement from a kilometre away.

159. One of the most dangerous insect in the world is the common housefly. They carry and transmit more diseases than any other animal in the world.

160. 70% of the poor people in the world are female.

161. During World War II, condoms were used to cover rifle barrels from being damaged by salt water as the soldiers swam to shore.

http://www.greatfacts.com/
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2015

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 07, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 07, 2015

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 19, 2015
168. If you’re over 45, the world population has doubled in your lifetime.
In 1968, the world population was 3,557,000,000. Today, the world population is 7,217,000,000 and grows by over 200,000 daily.

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 19, 2015
169. Everything in this 1991 RadioShack ad exists in a single smartphone of today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2015

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nehemiah459(m): 12:55am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 17, 2015
And I was told the Indians were banned from football because they used juju(making the ball appear like a lion in front of the goal keeper) and also killed Sam okparaji undecided undecided undecided but now I know the truth.

Thanks Sile 12, learnt a lot.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Habayomie(m): 1:12am On Apr 17, 2015
following
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by MrBasketball: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2015
shocked WooOoow! what a very informative article.

Thanks for sharing op.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

Bros sometimes when you are making research, you don't pick them from the floor, in the bush, or fall from the sky. You mostly refer to existing research work to create new ones. People visits Google, Encyclopaedia, Wikipedia, World Factbook to make research, and know more about the world. Writing projects in school, we make research from the long existing ones, we go online gather informations that are not yours but relevant to your research/Topics, copy them, modify them and you make your references. With this haven't you copied and pasted?
So its no big deal bro as long as its genuine.
your project supervisor taught you well. Plagiarism comes in when you copy without reference and acknowledgement.

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Dolypson04(m): 1:17am On Apr 17, 2015
joeblac07:
13. The Earth is 4.56 billion years old the same
age as the Moon and the Sun.

The holy book of Christians say otherwise. The Bible posits that the earth is about 6,000 years old.

So are you gonna believe what the Bible says by faith or are you gonna belief what science has proved so clearly, by evidence.
Show evidence for the biblical claim.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by lovely17(m): 1:28am On Apr 17, 2015
I don't understand number 59
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 17, 2015
peppyluv02:
And I was told the Indians were banned from football because they used juju(making the ball appear like a lion in front of the goal keeper) and also killed Sam okparaji undecided undecided undecided but now I know the truth.

Thanks Sile 12, learnt a lot.......
I share your pain...but realized this like 10yrs ago...when I read it on d paper of banana chewing gum
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 17, 2015
Slonge2:
on his deathbed, fela requested that weed/igbo should be served at his funeral.

weed/igbo is the only plant/ drug endorsed by the gods, that is why the whiteys frantically rebuffs its proliferation. If every african smokes weed, we will experience unparalleled peace and tranquility, unprecedented technological, economical and phylosophical advancement and we will threaten their superiority in every ramification, thereby militating against their imperialist agenda.

smoke weed today and emacipate yourself from mental slavery.

weed rules..
is it sk?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by lovely17(m): 1:37am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
155. If the iceberg had been seen only 30 seconds before it was seen and the Captain was notified, the accident could have been avoided.

The four smokestacks that have become so famous, and associated with the ship. The fourth one didn't even work. It was totally just for decoration.

More than half of the lifeboats on the ship were not filled to capacity. If they had been, many more lives could have been saved.

Only one ocean liner in history has been sunk by an iceberg: Titanic.

The infamous iceberg that brought the Titanic to her knees has been floating around since around 1,000 B.C.

Comparing titanic with Modern Ship. (Oasis Of The Seas).

www.omgfacts.com/lists/15969/12-Haunting-Facts-About-The-Titanic-That-You-ve-Never-Heard-Before-7-Blew-My-Mind

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Petrochemical Engineering, Is It A Nice Career / 15 Textbooks Everyone Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.