Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Some Interesting Facts About The World. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Interesting Facts About The World. (50818 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Famous Logos / Social Media: Some Interesting Facts You Probably Dont Know. / Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks bro, thats why we can't know and have everything. Others that knows more about this can help by adding theirs...
wtf,u jst tanked him d a wrong info,hottest spot is actually in sahara dersert.....
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks bro, thats why we can't know and have everything. Others that knows more about this can help by adding theirs...
wtf,u jst tanked him 4 a wrong info,hottest spot is actually in sahara dersert.....
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
booqee:
i don't even believe this one for one minute. undecided we should all be dead by now if that was the case. yeah i know there are a lot of organism on our body but not that much na haba!!!!!!! fear God na!! angry angry angry angry

It's true
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Macelliot:

Thrash! Where's evidence! Mere Assumption.
The evidence that might be disprove by new modern science to come...
Bible never stated that the Earth was 6000yrs, but that Man's lifespan started 6000yrs ago.....
Man was the last thing created... The Creation took a long time....
The days stated by the Bible is not thesame with this 24-hour time... The Bible states, a day in the Eyes of God is thousands of years in the eyes of Man....
I rest my case.

But you do know man has been around longer than 6000 years
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by davien(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Apart from the young earth creationists protesting for a young earth this thread is pretty good...nice work op..(plus Christians smart enough to know the earth ain't 6000 years) grin

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by liquidsnake: 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
oloyolo:

The info in number 70 ain't accurate
Actually pirate cover that one eye to make it adjust to darkness

Oga, you dey read English upside down? Haba!

Go read #70 again and explain the difference between #70 and your post.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Jaymaestro(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
ladibright:
A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. Seriously?? grin
How come you quoted that ? Hahha
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by krayzieklay(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
goofyone:

It really is a sad one that African leaders of the slavery era never saw dignity in their own kinsmen and this could sell them for money. It's even sadder that today the same thing persists. African leaders of this generation see no worth in their kinsmen and have kept them in perpetual slavery to poor and woeful infrastructural developments, inadequate education and a terrible standard of living. What's wrong with us as a race? What!?
Bro,most times when I wake up in d morning,I keep asking myself dat question.. Its absurd,really.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by garriboy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
88. Felix Baumgartner record breaking free jump from space, 2012.
If u fold a piece of paper 42 times, it will get to the moon?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Atmmachine:

153. The Spanish national anthem has no words.
Liar.
This is the Spanish national anthem

¡Viva España!
Cantemos todos juntos
con distinta voz
y un solo corazón.
¡Viva España!
Desde los verdes valles
al inmenso mar,
un himno e hermandad.
Ama a la Patria
pues sabe abrazar,
bajo su cielo azul,
pueblos en libertad.
Gloria a los hijos
que a la Historia dan
justicia y grandeza
democracia y paz.

The official anthem has no lyrics http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/16/us-anthem-idUSN1610811820080116
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Find out that of the Nigerian teacher,then you have your answer smiley

Sile12:

Is it much or small?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
garriboy:

If u fold a piece of paper 42 times, it will get to the moon?
Yap. Factorial functions add up pretty quickly.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
liquidsnake:

Oga, you dey read English upside down? Haba!

Go read #70 again and explain the difference between #70 and your post.

Yea I said it is not accurate not that it is not correct I don't want to argue with u
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by garriboy(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
DProDG:

Yap. Factorial functions add up pretty quickly.
Pls explain
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
garriboy:
Pls explain

A piece of paper is approx 0.1mm thick. If you fold it 42 times, it means adding 0.1mm+0.1mm+2(0.1mm)+4(0.1mm)... continuously 42 times. In math language, that's a+ar+ar^2+ar^3...ar^41. That's a geometric series(not a factorial as I said before sorry lipsrsealed) which has the formula s=a((1-r^n)/(1-r))
s=the thickness of the 42 folds
a=0.1mm(thickness of paper)
r=2(since when we fold it, it doubles)
n=42
So... s=0.1((1-2^42)/(1-2))
s=0.1(1-4.4e+12)/-1)
s=0.1(-4.4e+12/-1)
s=4.4e+11mm
That is 440,000,000,000mm which is 440,000km. The distance from the moon is 380,000km so it's even less. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
no.27 The tallest tree should be a Sequoia
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I guess you mean mercury boils at 430°C and freezes at -180°C which makes it a better choice for thermometers than alcohol. ( Boiling and freezing points )
Lol, that's mercury the planet and not the metal.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Scatterboss(m): 8:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
peppyluv02:
Find out that of the Nigerian teacher,then you have your answer smiley

Hmmmmm
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
DProDG:

Lol, that's mercury the planet and not the metal.

OMG!!! I totally misread and misinterpreted him
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks everyone, for your time, and your comments on this thread.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by segedoo(m): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
[quote
author=joeblac07 post=29443424]13. The Earth is 4.56 billion years old
the same
age as the Moon and the Sun.

The holy book of Christians say otherwise. The Bible posits that the
earth is about 6,000 years old.

So are you gonna believe what the Bible says by faith or are you gonna
belief what science has proved so clearly, by evidence. [/quote]

...since recreation sir.

Study the bible well.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by sample042(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2015
Ploy:
Good work @op, but you forgot yo add the hottest spot on earth.

Lut desert in Iran

Sorry, but I was told that Sahara desert is the hottest.

Y let?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by sample042(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2015
Ploy:
Good work @op, but you forgot yo add the hottest spot on earth.

Lut desert in Iran

Sorry, but I was told that Sahara desert is the hottest.

Y lut?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2015
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by sample042(m): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2015
goofyone:

It really is a sad one that African leaders of the slavery era never saw dignity in their own kinsmen and this could sell them for money. It's even sadder that today the same thing persists. African leaders of this generation see no worth in their kinsmen and have kept them in perpetual slavery to poor and woeful infrastructural developments, inadequate education and a terrible standard of living. What's wrong with us as a race? What!?

I may not be able to tell you the problem of the African leaders as at then, But am sure that the problem of the current black race is RELIGION. The black race is the most religious yet the most impoverished continent on earth.

how on earth can you follow real life issues with faith instead of PRACTICALS.

my one cent!
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
sample042:

I may not be able to tell you the problem of the African leaders as at then, But am sure that the problem of the current black race is RELIGION. The black race is the most religious yet the most impoverished continent on earth.

how on earth can you follow real life issues with faith instead of PRACTICALS.

my one cent!
I agree with you wholly
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by FOREXMART(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Minet16:

u'll be shaking it until it falls of. in the begining God created the heavens (and) the earth was without form and void. d word "and" there does not specify how long it took the earth to become formless and void. he made the angels and satan before it was formless. look here's my number 08071129778. call me and get more insight. I'll b glad 2 share mysteries with you

That's what the white man forced our fore fathers to accept. If your fore fathers had colonised the Whiteman you would be giving a different version by now depending in your tribe. One thing is certain, God exists but as for how the earth came to be, well keep knocking yourselves out. No disrespect intended all the same.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Minet16(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
tunnary:

Dis is just so intresting

are u crious or u are like "wats dis 1 writing"
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Minet16(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
FOREXMART:

That's what the white man forced our fore fathers to accept. If your fore fathers had colonised the Whiteman you would be giving a different version by now depending in your tribe. One thing is certain, God exists but as for how the earth came to be, well keep knocking yourselves out. No disrespect intended all the same.

am not saying the scientist info abt d earth's age is correct, all am saying is dat, Gen 1:1 is d creation, but 4rm verse 2 is d recreation. take note in d begning God created the Heaven and d earth, and what made the earth 2 bcome formless. twas d battle in heaven btwn micheal and satan and demons.

we arent told how long this could have been. so all am saying is dat d earth is ova 6000yrs old
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by freshcvv(m): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
DProDG:

The official anthem has no lyrics http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/16/us-anthem-idUSN1610811820080116

They sang the anthem at the last word cup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. / 'Evil Spirit' Reportedly Attacks Female Students In High School (photos) / University Of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught Sexually Harassing A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.