Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child (5444 Views)

Too Young To Wed...the Child Bride: Love OR Pedophilia / Help! Tradition Wants To Spoil Something Good / Who Owns The Child Born Out Of Wedlock (unmarried Relationship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by JJYOU: 12:46am On Jan 07, 2009
prittigrrr:

Let me first say I have no children of my own that I birthed. I have assisted in rearing countless children as I used to work in a foster care agency and I had three step children when I was married that I raised. I believe that there should be a balance between the physical rod and the virtural rod of correction (for lack of a better term). I, like other posters, have noticed that in the US, blacks administer physical discipline more than other races, but the jails are filled with our kids and young adults. I believe many times that we beat the children after the child has already learned bad behaviors. When the child is young, every thing is "cute" to some parents and then they want to correct when out in public after the child has run wild at home. This will not do.

If you correct a child, whether physically, or through other serious discipline methods, WHILE THE CHILD IS YOUNG, you can avoid much with children as they get older. Let the child know you are not playing at the outset, and you can be pleased with the results. Bend the sap while it is young. It will not break. The most important thing in raising children is to be consistent with administering CONSEQUENCES for bad actions. If the child knows there will surely be trouble for bad behavior, they will obey.
i agree with what you said here. the quest for money 24/7 on the part of most parents and leaving little johny and sally for tv to baby sit is some other reason for the wahala we see todays kids spoilt
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by chyk91(m): 3:48am On Jan 10, 2009
yes i will
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by jany49: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2010
Infact its better to straighten the rod and whip the child
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by H2O2: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2010
jany49:

Infact its better to straighten the rod and whip the child
jany49, i concur.
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by jany49: 4:32am On Jan 25, 2010
In nigeria, you need no approval from anyone to beat the hell out of your child but in Yankee, damn it, U need no approval as well coz you are NOT gonna get any, coz of CPS Child Protective Services
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
Its not about "spoiling the child" however I do not plan on whacking them every time they do wrong or make a mistake. Perhaps once I have a child I might change my opinion but for now I dont see myself beating them.
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 21, 2012
I don't like the way it's been put on this thread. grin

But to be honest, I don't see myself whooping my future babies.
I just couldn't do it. I can't see a child crying without wanting to cry myself.
Just today my two year old niece fell and hit her nose then proceeded to cry and even though i was mad at her for injuring herself after i warned her to sit down, my own eyes began to water at the sight of her pain. undecided

how could i then turn around and inflict pain on a child, esp. one that will be mine and call it "discipline"?
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 21, 2012
MsDarkSkin: Its not about "spoiling the child" however I do not plan on whacking them every time they do wrong or make a mistake. Perhaps once I have a child I might change my opinion but for now I dont see myself beating them.

LOL every time i try to revive an old thread, i realize that i was already there AFTER posting a reply!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE! grin
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by somalia5: 3:47am On Sep 21, 2012
i wanna stick my road in mrsdarkskn....would my rod spoil? cool
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 21, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by somalia5: 4:28am On Sep 21, 2012
*Kails*:
undecided undecided

is that pic a hint that u dont mind. cheesy
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2012
Spare which Rod??!! Me, I'm def. going to spoil d rod and beat d heck out of any misbehaving child....No time 4 rubbish!

A child needs love and fear to grow up rit!
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
somalia5:

is that pic a hint that u dont mind. cheesy

more like u b madman!
Re: Would You Rather Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child by somalia5: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
*Kails*:

more like u b madman!

tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unique Kalabari Names / ‘olojo’ Festival: Ooni Goes Into Seven-day Seclusion / Bini Is A Lost Tribe Of Isreal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.