Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

"Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! (1829 Views)

Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes / Ojukwu Got Only 3 Votes In Bayelsa In 2003. / 7 Things Fr. Mbaka Got Absolutely Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

"Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by actYourDreams: 9:20am On Jan 03, 2015
The only one thing that "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka has probably got wrong is that facts are truths! No, facts are not truths. I choose to be apolitical. However, as a Christian (i.e. someone trying to be like Jesus Christ) and a natural student of sociology, I choose to critique the 2014/2015 Crossover Message of "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka. My views are based on these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=jAN8Py7tiCo&t=56s&app=desktop; and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5g69sx9E&app=desktop.

No, facts are not truths. In the second video above, "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka consistently reiterates the different forms of hardships daily faced by Nigerians. Those are facts! Nobody should dispute them! But it takes an average level of IQ to describe facts. A committed student of philosophy or sociology or marketing would even do better.

But are facts truths? No! In the second video, "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka said Goodluck met Yaradua and then Yaradua died. This is a fact. But to imply Goodluck caused his death suggests a visit for a psychiatric diagnosis is needed. He further said Goodluck met our oil and then the oil became bad luck. Who knows what he meant to say? Anyway, it is a fact that oil price is dwindling worldwide but it is preposterous to suggest Goodluck is the cause of the price fall.

It is obvious that "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka contradicts himself based on his expressed views on the #Chibokgirls. If you missed it, please review the videos again. It appears there is more to know on the sudden shift of his views. Although he tried to make us believe his messages were from God. He used "God" and "Holy Spirit" to complement his messages. But anyone could have done just that. Anyone who has an average level of smartness could blend facts with "God and Holy Spirit" and then market them to the suffering masses. The question is: which of the video messages was from God and which was from the Devil?

In a time like this, when the "religious leaders" sound confused, it is our duty to soberly reflect on what is likely to be wrong. Note that it was the same physical man supposedly preaching in the two videos but at different time points albeit in the same geopolitical space. Dear God, what has become of Nigerian version of Christianity?

Facts are not truths. Nigerians, please let us guard our minds with due diligence. Let us refuse to gullibly accept whatever any Nigerian Muslim or Nigerian Christian or Nigerian Traditional leader may tell us as we get ready to vote this February. Rather, let us responsibly vote by following our minds without the influence of any religious men that may try hard to massively control us. By so doing, even if our choice fails us, we will have the dignity, the integrity, and the courage to say "We voted what we thought was the best but not what we were told to be the best".

God bless Nigeria. God bless Nigerians.
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by temitemi1(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2015
Don't blame d man but the spirit in him(love of money is d root of all evil) GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Kennywills7(m): 9:32am On Jan 03, 2015
Spot on
For me men of God should stick to d work of God, d moment u involve yourself u are bound to have problems wit doing God's work because politics is a game of lies

1 Like

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by dannydaniels(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2015
i no get time read d long story but all i know is.....
GEJ till my grandma get belle

1 Like

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by actYourDreams: 9:36am On Jan 03, 2015
No. You may see that this thread neither counter nor support the thread on the "7 Things" if you read it (again).
Kennywills7:
Another counter thread?
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by patrotic9gerian: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Fr Mbaka spoke 100% truth... Nigerians always claim they are the smartest and most intelligent people around the world and this is our big problem...

Fr MBAKA never said or meant that GEJ killed Yaradua... I urge you all to think deeply into his message. In English language, we have what is called figures of speech and idioms... When he talks of bad luck in oil prices, he doeesnt mean GEJ caused the fall in world oil prices... What he is reflecting is the consequences of bad leadership. A Corrupt govt that has failed and neglected his duties to his people... Poor leadership styles that has caused thousands of innocent lives.... A govt that failed to think about the future... Let us think deeply before making comments...

2 Likes

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Caseless: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2015
He didnt say gej's closeness to yaradua killed him. He said gej could have improved things after the demise of yaradua, rather, he worsened the situation. Doesn't that depict 'badluck' to you? That's what u should understand about that part of the msg.
NB: Fr. Mbaka is my man of the year.

3 Likes

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Kennywills7(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2015
actYourDreams:
No. You may see that this thread neither counter nor support the thread on the "7 Things" if you read it (again).
Confirm bro
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Caseless: 9:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Kennywills7:
Spot on
For me men of God should stick to d work of God, d moment u involve yourself u are bound to have problems wit doing God's work because politics is a game of lies
and what is the work of God, if I may ask? People are being prevented from 'practicing' their religion in some part of Nigeria due to failure of leadership, yet, you think the men of God shouldn't talk. Are they not human beings? They are first Nigerians before becoming men of God and later have nigerians as congregation they preach to. If their followers are affected by insecurity, what's wrong in them speaking out?
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by actYourDreams: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2015
(Wo)men of God ought to talk with clarity. God should not author confusions. Now that you are trying to project your interpretations into what he said, would it not have been better if he talked in plain terms?

If you who sounds very literate is trying hard to interpret what he said, given there is a danger of possible misrepresentation, did you think those who were under his ministrations would understand what he meant to say?

Thank you for your critiques.
patrotic9gerian:
Fr Mbaka spoke 100% truth... Nigerians always claim they are the smartest and most intelligent people around the world and this is our big problem...

Fr MBAKA never said or meant that GEJ killed Yaradua... I urge you all to think deeply into his message. In English language, we have what is called figures of speech and idioms... When he talks of bad luck in oil prices, he doeesnt mean GEJ caused the fall in world oil prices... What he is reflecting is the consequences of bad leadership. A Corrupt govt that has failed and neglected his duties to his people... Poor leadership styles that has caused thousands of innocent lives.... A govt that failed to think about the future... Let us think deeply before making comments...
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by actYourDreams: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2015
Thank you. I have seen the video clip twice. I may have to see it again.
Caseless:
He didnt say gej's closeness to yaradua killed him. He said gej could have improved things after the demise of yaradua, rather, he worsened the situation. Doesn't that depict 'badluck' to you? That's what u should understand about that part of the msg.
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by chamboy(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2015
Rev. Mbaka took a very bold move,, kudos to him n other great nigerians

1 Like

Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by actYourDreams: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
I used the word "imply". I wrote "... to imply ...". I didn't write "... he said Goodluck's closeness to ...". Implication is different from direct accusation. I hope I didn't misunderstand your post.

Caseless:
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Caseless: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2015
actYourDreams:
I used the word "imply". I wrote "... to imply ...". I didn't write "... he said Goodluck's closeness to ...". Implication is different from direct accusation. I hope I didn't misunderstand your post.

no, you didn't. But, dont u think by implication, ur post could incite some people against the man?
Re: "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! by Ngwakwe: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2015
Let's discuss every right and wrong about FR Mbaka's message in the same thread.

Discussions continue from the link below

www.nairaland.com/2073504/7-things-fr-mbaka-got

(1)

What Prof. Soludo Did Not Tell Nigerians / Did You Know That Nigerians' Visa Free To The UK Was Cancelled Under Buhari? / See Photo Of A Prison Innorway Where Prisonerslive Like Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.