Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Mazda 626 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda 626 2000 Model (2738 Views)

(pic) Honda Accord '96 (bulldog) Or Mazda 626 '97 (booth). Advice Please / My Stolen Mazda 626 Has Been Recovered By The Police / Which Is Better: Honda 96 Model Vs Mazda 626 99 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazda 626 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2015
Please I need ur kind advice on the above car. A friend was offered this car. it is 2000 model, hatchback, 2.0l v4 engine, automatic transmission.
people have always condemned auto transmission of this car
please I need ur advice

Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by emergency2: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2015
Mazda from 1997-2000 have issues with their auto transmission. I am currently using a 1998 mazda 626. Popularly called mazda boot. 3month into purchase (I shipped it directly from US) it developed transmission problem and I had to change it to manual and it has been working perfectly since then. The car is over 2 yrs now.

I have also seen many of such model with similar issue. So you have to prepare your mind. Mazda is very strong, durable and consumes low fuel.
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2015
emergency2:
Mazda from 1997-2000 have issues with their auto transmission. I am currently using a 1998 mazda 626. Popularly called mazda boot. 3month into purchase (I shipped it directly from US) it developed transmission problem and I had to change it to manual and it has been working perfectly since then. The car is over 2 yrs now.

I have also seen many of such model with similar issue. So you have to prepare your mind. Mazda is very strong, durable and consumes low fuel.
thanks bro what was the cost of changing to manual here in nigeria . is it possible to change the engine to another model of Mazda without auto transmission issues
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by emergency2: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
I changed my auto transmission to manual with 80k including workmanship and the parts that they bought. You can also change the auto and engine to another one that doesn't give problems, that was the advice some dealers in ladipo market gave me when I went to to price my model auto transmission. But you will need a sound auto mechanic to do the conversion.
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by ozzugworlee(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
My dear....my candid input will be dat u wait on d transmission to hve problem b4 doing anything on it...u might be lucky,such dat it may nt develop faults, just use d recommended ATF and do regular servicing....thou mine is manuel, but I bet u...d car is gud and d fuel usage is d best so far to compare to my other cars...as to changing of d engine, my dear...dnt try dat....generally mazda booth comes with 16 v engine which is known as being d best so far...just service regularly...as for d best, go for it...is a gud bargain

Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by mexxy1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
I'm in support of the poster above me. Your friend should buy and use the vehicle as it is. I've been driving the sedan (manual tranission though) of that vehicle since November 2008 and it's served just fine. I only had reason to change the engine in January 2013 but due to no fault of the vehicle but the mechanic I was using. Ever since after the change of engine, I've not patronized him again and the vehicle has been fine.
The vehicle takes me anywhere (including inter state engagements) and handles the trips well.
So far, no regrets having it.

1 Like

Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
thanks all for your contribution. I must say I don't have doubt about the car itself. the fear here is the auto transmission
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by gulfer: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2015
mexxy1:
I'm in support of the poster above me. Your friend should buy and use the vehicle as it is. I've been driving the sedan (manual tranission though) of that vehicle since November 2008 and it's served just fine. I only had reason to change the engine in January 2013 but due to no fault of the vehicle but the mechanic I was using. Ever since after the change of engine, I've not patronized him again and the vehicle has been fine.
The vehicle takes me anywhere (including inter state engagements) and handles the trips well.
So far, no regrets having it.
Nice building in the background BTW grin grin grin
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by mexxy1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
gulfer:
Nice building in the background BTW grin grin grin

Thanks.
Re: Mazda 626 2000 Model by Exponental(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
this is d main car used by rice smugglers. if not "sensible", it wont be an option.

(1) (Reply)

Does Petrol Burn Faster From Some Stations? / HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use / A Lady Drove This Lamborghini Aventador Worth $397,500 In Ikoyi Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.