Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,901 members, 7,824,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization (1038 Views)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / The Injustice Buhari Did To The Genius Of UNILAG - Punch / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2015
Why are these people always in support of violence? A violence that claimed hundreds of lifes including those that has nothing to do with election is justifiable? Chai. The other time they were encouraging a parallel government and use of any means to protect ones vote, so if Buhari should lose again killing is permitted? This ain't the change Nigeria needs, shine your eyes
The Buhari Support Organisation has described the 2011 post-election violence in the North as a reaction to the illegalities perpetrated by the Peoples Democratic Party.
The BSO was reacting to the call by a coalition of four civil society groups which said it had instructed a team of lawyers overseas to prosecute the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, at the International Criminal Court at the Hagues, Netherlands, for his role in the violence.
The Head, (Media, Publicity and ICT) in BSO, Dr. Chidia Maduekwe, toldSaturday PUNCHin Abuja that the coalition’s call was irrelevant, saying, “You can’t just criminalise people based on propaganda, hearsay and campaign of calumny.”
He said, “On the 2011 post-election violence, a student of Nigerian history will know that there was a post-election violence in Western Nigeria called ‘Operation Wetie’ which was due to the fact that the people of the region spontaneously rose to anger when their rights and franchise were denied them.
“During the days of Unity Party of Nigeria, I am sure you are aware of the (Akin) Omoboriowo incident in old Ondo State. Nobody told the people of Ondo State to go on the street. It was because the National Party of Nigeria decided to rig the elections to the extent that UPN’s (Adekunle) Ajasin was being denied his results. And the people of Ondo State poured into the streets.
“So when people protest over the denial of their rights, it is not because anybody could have been prompted or incited to do it. If there is anything, GMB lives by what he believes in. The post-election violence was because people were disenfranchised by PDP. It was very clear that those areas Buhari won were taken away from him.
“What I am trying to say is that this is what has been the pattern in Nigeria. We are not opposed to free and fair election. And we are warning that PDP should not perpetrate illegalities during the next election.”
According to him, there is no basis for any group to call for the prosecution of Buhari at ICC because there is nothing he has done to warrant such.
Maduekwe added that since Buhari emerged as the APC presidential candidate, PDP had been rattled and had been hiding under any subterfuge to discredit Buhari’s hard-earned integrity.
http://www.punchng.com/news/2011-post-election-violence-reaction-to-injustice-bso/
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by boolet: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by kestolove95(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
will d pdp succeed? d ansa is NO...wait o!wia is TAN?
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by b1oodykiller: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari is a certified terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
kestolove95:
will d pdp succeed? d ansa is NO...wait o!wia is TAN?
What is this one saying? Who is talking about PDP and TAN here?
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
SMH
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by donphilopus: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Caseless:
injustice suffered by the progressive on this forum under seun's watch is a sign of good things to come. Those that are subjected to this kind of treatment in any society, laugh last.
I'm sure someone told seun if buhari wins, nairaland wont be allowed to operate fully, hence, his resolve to help detractors of buhari.

I quoted Obinoscopy with that link today, with something like "homepage pls", but to my greatest surprise he deleted that post without any tangible reason. I don't know if it has become a crime or a breach Nairaland rules to request for a thread to be moved to the homepage. They should continue doing that sha!
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by bondingman: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari where is your certificate?
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by donphilopus: 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
donphilopus:

I quoted Obinoscopy with that link today, with something like "homepage pls", but to my greatest surprise he deleted that post without any tangible reason. I don't know if it has become a crime or a breach Nairaland rules to request for a thread to be moved to the homepage. They should continue doing that sha!

@Caseless, you see! I just discovered that your post I just quoted and mine have been deleted. I don't just know the reason for all these. No amount of intimidation will stop of from exercising our right come February!
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by Caseless: 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
donphilopus:

@Caseless, you see! I just discovered that your post I just quoted and mine have been deleted. I don't just know the reason for all these. No amount of intimidation will stop of from exercising our right come February!
it is either they lock the thread or they hide comments. This forum is on extinction.
Re: 2011 Post-election Violence, Reaction To Injustice –buhari Support Organization by donphilopus: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Caseless:
it is either they lock the thread or they hide comments. This forum is on extinction.

They can continue doing all that thinking they can frustrate us, but they can't.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan's Govt Embezzled 5trillion In Five Yrs. / Buhari Bought Zero Military Equipment...infographic Fact. / We Must Vote Buhari For Our Own Survival - Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.