Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? (3956 Views)

The Salvation Plan / Repair Your Soul, Take Advantage Of Ramadan / Genuine Salvation Of Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
The question is: How long does the salvation of the Soul take? Does it take place instantly as opined by John Crowder in ( http://www.thenewmystics.com/Articles/1000129594/Home_Page_of/Articles/Sanctification_is_Not.aspx ) or does it take an unspecified period which may be for a lifetime as posited by Erwin Gane ( http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sanctify.htm )

If you can read the two articles, please do and share your views and while you are at that answer this question too:

If a convert undergoing the salvation of the soul dies in sin where would that person go?

a. Heaven
b. Hell

Please choose an option first and explain your choice.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
efficiencie:
The question is: How long does the salvation of the Soul take? Does it take place instantly as opined by John Crowder in ( http://www.thenewmystics.com/Articles/1000129594/Home_Page_of/Articles/Sanctification_is_Not.aspx ) or does it take an unspecified period which may be for a lifetime as posited by Erwin Gane ( http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sanctify.htm )

If you can read the two articles, please do and share your views and while you are at that answer this question too:

If a convert undergoing the salvation of the soul dies in sin where would that person go?

a. Heaven
b. Hell

Please choose an option first and explain your choice.
how many years the salvation of the soul takes depends coz our experience varies and ability(strength) to yield to the Truth differs. It may take 15 yrs, 20yrs, 30yrs, it may take 50yrs or beyond and you may not even complete the process if you're lackadaisical about it till death comes.

Heaven, the thief on the cross is just an example of someone who hasn't undergone a bit of the salvation of the soul. Infact that one na narrow escape. To enter heaven is easy just like entering our earth domain. All u need is to give your life to Christ. But such a person won't enter the Kingdom. Hell is another dimension I don't want to venture coz they are meant for the disobedient ones(a temporary abode of punishment). But this you must understand...salvation of the soul is not about escaping hell or making heaven. Christ has saved us from the condemnation. It is about upgrading the soul to the consciousness of what the spirit has become. The spirit is CHRIST, so also the soul has to become one. Salvation of the soul is operating at the same level(frequency) your spirit is operating and this can be made possible by continuous obedience to he Truth.

The blueprint which the salvation of the soul entails is what the Father wants was spoken through Paul in Ephesians 4:13(underlining the word perfect and full stature)

James was writing to believers and urged them to continue so that they can attain this state.James 1:21.

Salvation still continues in heaven even if you haven't finish your course here...
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
how many years the salvation of the soul takes depends coz our experience varies and ability(strength) to yield to the Truth differs. It may take 15 yrs, 20yrs, 30yrs, it may take 50yrs or beyond and you may not even complete the process if you're lackadaisical about it till death comes.

Heaven, the thief on the cross is just an example of someone who hasn't undergone a bit of the salvation of the soul. Infact that one na narrow escape. To enter heaven is easy just like entering our earth domain. All u need is to give your life to Christ. But such a person won't enter the Kingdom. Hell is another dimension I don't want to venture coz they are meant for the disobedient ones(a temporary abode of punishment). But this you must understand...salvation of the soul is not about escaping hell or making heaven. Christ has saved us from the condemnation. It is about upgrading the soul to the consciousness of what the spirit has become. The spirit is CHRIST, so also the soul has to become one. Salvation of the soul is operating at the same level(frequency) your spirit is operating and this can be made possible by continuous obedience to he Truth.

The blueprint which the salvation of the soul entails is what the Father wants was spoken through Paul in Ephesians 4:13(underlining the word perfect and full stature)

James was writing to believers and urged them to continue so that they can attain this state.James 1:21.

Salvation still continues in heaven even if you haven't finish your course here...

so a convert undergoing the salvation of the soul that
dies in sin would go to heaven!!!

Wow! No wonder we have many that sin in the church... Okay, i'v got your view.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
efficiencie:

so a convert undergoing the salvation of the soul that
dies in sin would go to heaven!!!

Wow! No wonder we have many that sin in the church... Okay, i'v got your view.
to die in sin is a different thing. And I mentioned where I said hell is for the disobedient ones and there is no where I said someone who died in sin is heaven bound. Salvation of the soul is beyond your definition of if someone dies in sin or not. That's isn't my business, my business is even if that person doesn't make the "perfect man, full stature" , he will still continue his course in heaven.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 5:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
to die in sin is a different thing. And I mentioned where I said hell is for the disobedient ones and there is no where I said someone who died in sin is heaven bound. Salvation of the soul is beyond your definition of if someone dies in sin or not. That's isn't my business, my business is even if that person doesn't make the "perfect man, full stature" , he will still continue his course in heaven.

but bro wait first let me give an instance, a new dude that was in church yesterday, heard the sermon, got convicted, said the sinner's prayer (as it is called) and starts the so called journey to the salvation of the soul but today he visited his neighbor's wife who happens to be alone and is very 'hor.ny'. One thing led to the other he 'browses' another man's wife and while he's at it the husband bursts in, catches the unfortunate dude, pulls out a loaded gun and 'bam' 'bam' 'bam' the new 'convert' bro drops dead...

Where would that brother wake up?
a. heaven
b. hell
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
efficiencie:

but bro wait first let me give an instance, a new dude that was in church yesterday, heard the sermon, got convicted, said the sinner's prayer (as it is called) and starts the so called journey to the salvation of the soul but today he visited his neighbor's wife who happens to be alone and is very 'hor.ny'. One thing led to the other he 'browses' another man's wife and while he's at it the husband bursts in, catches the unfortunate dude, pulls out a loaded gun and 'bam' 'bam' 'bam' the new 'convert' bro drops dead...

Where would that brother wake up?
a. heaven
b. hell
meaning he died in the works of the flesh. I'm not God to know if he can't help himself or it is a wilful act. What if God says heaven or hell...He is yea and amen...and may enter heaven but he won't partake of the Kingdom. So, does that mean we should all continue in the works of the flesh? Nay, don't stretch ur luck too far, you may end up where you don't want. And everyone will know what u've done, and the shame will stay for long. Grace can save.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
This is a very good topic n such making fp n not some with baseless arguements.

twosquare has said so much bt there is much more to be said which I dont even know where to start from. If its possible I will enjoin the op (@ efficiencie) to get the book The spiritual man by watchman Nee for better understanding. U xan also read my right up on the salvation of spirit, soul, n body https://www.nairaland.com/1497549/salvation-spirit-soul-body

@twosquare u have done so well, bt I will like u to clarify the issue of Hell being a temporary place?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
^^

Watchman Nee is a Mystic , tread carefully so as not to mislead others !

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/2694-watching-out-for-watchman-nee
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorOluT:
This is a very good topic n such making fp n not some with baseless arguements.

twosquare has said so much bt there is much more to be said which I dont even know where to start from. If its possible I will enjoin the op to get the book The spiritual man by watchman Nee for better understanding.

@twosquare u have done so well, bt I will like u to clarify the issue of Hell being a temporary place?
this is the reason...Hell will still give up those held captive there. The present people in charge of that place are demons and they're the tormentors there. Hell is a prison yard, just like Kirikiri in Nigeria. So when people die and goes to hell, they enter into torment. As mentioned in Revelation 20:13-14, you'll see that what men are experiencing right now is hell, Lake is yet to come. Evil spirits don't fear hell, it is natural habitat but what they are afraid of is Lake of Fire. It was a design orchestrated by God and imagine what will torment(pain) a Cherub(satan), should men be a partaker of such? So, the reason they want to delay their end is because of Lake of Fire, not hell and you can see the two are different and higher than the other.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
this is the reason...Hell will still give up those held captive there. The present people in charge of that place are demons and they're the tormentors there. Hell is a prison yard, just like Kirikiri in Nigeria. So when people die and goes to hell, they enter into torment. As mentioned in Revelation 20:13-14, you'll see that what men are experiencing right now is hell, Lake is yet to come. Evil spirits don't fear hell, it is natural habitat but what they are afraid of is Lake of Fire. It was a design orchestrated by God and imagine what will torment(pain) a Cherub(satan), should men be a partaker of such? So, the reason they want to delay their end is because of Lake of Fire, not hell and you can see the two are different and higher than the other.

Understood from the scriptures the differrent btw Hell n lake of fire, bt in d same Revelation u quoted Hell is given up d dead in it for destruction (in d lake of fire). So anyone that finds himself in d present Hell will definitely end up d Lake of fire which is the second death.

NB No one is ever going to move from Hell to Heaven, this has been done before when Jesus died n went to Hell He gave all d opportunity to enter Heaven.

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades ( [d] the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=twosquare post=29461267]this is the reason...Hell will still give up those held captive there. The present people in charge of that place are demons and they're the tormentors there.

Can you show us from scripture where it is said that demons are tormenting lost souls ?

Hell is a prison yard, just like Kirikiri in Nigeria.

No, Hell is either Sheol or Hades in most cases which translate into THE GRAVE.

So when people die and goes to hell, they enter into torment.

This Psalm disagrees ;

"They spend their days in prosperity, and in peace they go down to Sheol." - Job 21:13

As mentioned in Revelation 20:13-14, you'll see that what men are experiencing right now is hell, Lake is yet to come

Brother, your theology is upside down. Rev 20:13-14 is the final or second death , hell in this context signifies the grave and not an existing hell fire.

Evil spirits don't fear hell, it is natural habitat but what they are afraid of is Lake of Fire.

Wrong again. Evil spirits are scared stiff of the Lake of Fire, it was prepared for them.

"Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are--the Holy One of God!" - Mark 1:24

Also, does it make sense to you that the creatures who hell was made for are not yet in torment even though they are stronger than man but man who is weaker than these creatures is in torment by the same creatures that hell was made for ??

Brother THINK , stop regurgitating Theological junk.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:
^^

Watchman Nee is a Mystic , tread carefully so as not to mislead others !

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/2694-watching-out-for-watchman-nee

Smile, u know the problem frosbel u are too soulish (sensual),concerning urself mostly with letters (right or wrong). If I may shock u, xtianity isnt about right or wrong bt being led by the leadership of the HolyGhost, though this is nt to mean that we now walk in error cos the Holy Spirit never leads into error.

Forget all these info u scoop on the net (too much info makes one soulish, carnal), I have been reading watchman Nee's book (by God's grace I have read quite a few) for over a decade now n I tell u he is one of the finest teacher that ever graced this world.

Have u read any of his books? If yes point out the errors n lets look at it in d light of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=frosbel post=29461941][/quote]u know
u and I have thrashed these things out over and over again and not only with me, but with others on this forum. So, I'll say stick to your belief but when that time shall come, you will know I speak the truth. And sorry, I don't come to it by theology and most of what you're even saying you arrive at it via research
regurgitated by fallen minds on the internet. Let's hold unto peace..see you in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

Understood from the scriptures the differrent btw Hell n lake of fire, bt in d same Revelation u quoted Hell is given up d dead in it for destruction (in d lake of fire). So anyone that finds himself in d present Hell will definitely end up d Lake of fire which is the second death.

NB No one is ever going to move from Hell to Heaven, this has been done before when Jesus died n went to Hell He gave all d opportunity to enter Heaven.

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades ( [d] the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
Now, let me first say that I am not God to decide who shall partake of the second death; the standard which He will use is yet to be revealed to me. But this I know, books will be opened and the dead will be judged according to their works. Probably the judgement there is the decision among the heavenly council and whosever (God means it. Whosoever) is not found in the Book Of Life will be thrown into the Lake before Hell and Death will follow. For Death is the last enemy that shall be defeated.

Now, this you should know. If we are to make it simpler: Heaven,Kingdom of God, Hell, Lake are real. This is the main thing. Entering Heaven is not the concern of the Father but He wants people to enter the Kingdom. Heaven is so spacious and bigger than our earth in a million fold. Making(entering) Heaven doesn't make you a conqueror, but entering the Kingdom makes you one. I am in Earth pastorOluT, but am not in the Kingdom of the earth. Am just a citizen. So if I by pardon I leave kirikiri, and I enter the world where people live in comfortably in America. That doesn't mean am in the Kingdom of America, am just living in the sphere called America. Infact I will be of the lowest cadre being an ex-convict.

Thank God you understand Yoruba lang. To make you understand, I want to speak to you in a native tongue. When you hear Kingdom, think of governance. "Ijoba" is Kingdom, "ijoba" is also government. "Orun" is just Heaven. Now "ijoba" means "ijo awa(awon) lobaloba". That is the congregation of princes, kings, nobles, priest like entities. So,I may not be counted among the folks there, coz I treated it with disdain when given the chance on earth. I won't be at the helms of affairs nor be among the rulers and kings in the world to come. Even this present Heaven christians are running to will perish later, it will wax old and God Himself will destroy it. But His Kingdom abides ever.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
u know
u and I have thrashed these things out over and over again and not only with me, but with others on this forum. So, I'll say stick to your belief but when that time shall come, you will know I speak the truth. And sorry, I don't come to it by theology and most of what you're even saying you arrive at it via research
regurgitated by fallen minds on the internet. Let's hold unto peace..see you in Heaven.

Brother how can you save others when your theology is upside down ?

What is the gospel, what is the purpose of God for mankind all through the ages etc.

Stop disseminating regurgitated and dispelled fables, seek and find the truth.

This is the main reason why the gospel being preached in Nigeria is mostly dead, almost no one responds and the ones that respond and try to use their brain are kicked out of the churches synagogues.

cheesy
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

Brother how can you save others when your theology is upside down ?

What is the gospel, what is the purpose of God for mankind all through the ages etc.

Stop disseminating regurgitated and dispelled fables, seek and find the truth.

This is the main reason why the gospel being preached in Nigeria is mostly dead, almost no one responds and the ones that respond and try to use their brain are kicked out of the churches synagogues.

cheesy
and how sure are you that ur own doctrine is upside up grin ? The more you use ur brain rather than your spiritual senses, the more liable you're to the manipulation of seducing spirits. And you should know, you're a fallen man and your brain won't help you in matters higher than you grin
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
and how sure are you that ur own doctrine is upside up grin ? The more you use ur brain rather than your spiritual senses, the more liable you're to the manipulation of seducing spirits. And you should know, you're a fallen man and your brain won't help you in matters higher than you grin

What is the gospel ?

Let's start from the basics.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

What is the gospel ?

Let's start from the basics.
sorry am not in the mood to go on endless arguments of which I have known ur position already. The gospel definition and ur doctrine of happy ever after, no one loses..blah blah...frosbel, it is high time you relax, settle down a little and spend most times in prayer concerning the path you're venturing.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
sorry am not in the mood to go on endless arguments of which I have known ur position already. The gospel definition and ur doctrine of happy ever after, no one loses..blah blah...frosbel, it is high time you relax, settle down a little and spend most times in prayer concerning the path you're venturing.

I am confident in telling you that you aint got a clue on what the gospel is about , talk less of salvation.

Ask me to educate you...
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

I am confident in telling you that you aint got a clue on what the gospel is about , talk less of salvation.

Ask me to educate you...
hehehehehe...I have studied ur position on these things, so don't think I don't know your stand. Rather than ask you to educate me, I rather connect with kingdom men like Paul, Peter, the Boarneges- men who have overcame. Sorry mate, I don't listen to nightingale.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
while you giants slug it out, pls examine this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2074519/law-handed-down-god-moses#2074519.1

It is also a burning issue and i'd like to get comments on it.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
hehehehehe...I have studied ur position on these things, so don't think I don't know your stand. Rather than ask you to educate me, I rather connect with kingdom men like Paul, Peter, the Boarneges- men who have overcame. Sorry mate, I don't listen to nightingale.

But you believe that demons are in hell tormenting souls and you believe that Rev 20;13-14 is talking about two hells ?? grin

May your eyes be opened one day.

cheers.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
frosbel:

But you believe that demons are in hell tormenting souls and you believe that Rev 20;13-14 is talking about two hells ?? grin

May your eyes be opened one day.

cheers.
where u take see two hells I dunno o grin maybe demons don't even exist... Don't you think so frosbel? grin
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
twosquare:
where u take see two hells I dunno o grin maybe demons don't even exist... Don't you think so frosbel?

twosquare preaches 2 Hells, no ?

One immediately after death ( for the wicked ) and the other one called the lake of fire, correct ?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
twosquare:
Now, let me first say that I am not God to decide who shall partake of the second death; the standard which He will use is yet to be revealed to me. But this I know, books will be opened and the dead will be judged according to their works. Probably the judgement there is the decision among the heavenly council and whosever (God means it. Whosoever) is not found in the Book Of Life will be thrown into the Lake before Hell and Death will follow. For Death is the last enemy that shall be defeated.

Now, this you should know. If we are to make it simpler: Heaven,Kingdom of God, Hell, Lake are real. This is the main thing. Entering Heaven is not the concern of the Father but He wants people to enter the Kingdom. Heaven is so spacious and bigger than our earth in a million fold. Making(entering) Heaven doesn't make you a conqueror, but entering the Kingdom makes you one. I am in Earth pastorOluT, but am not in the Kingdom of the earth. Am just a citizen. So if I by pardon I leave kirikiri, and I enter the world where people live in comfortably in America. That doesn't mean am in the Kingdom of America, am just living in the sphere called America. Infact I will be of the lowest cadre being an ex-convict.

Thank God you understand Yoruba lang. To make you understand, I want to speak to you in a native tongue. When you hear Kingdom, think of governance. "Ijoba" is Kingdom, "ijoba" is also government. "Orun" is just Heaven. Now "ijoba" means "ijo awa(awon) lobaloba". That is the congregation of princes, kings, nobles, priest like entities. So,I may not be counted among the folks there, coz I treated it with disdain when given the chance on earth. I won't be at the helms of affairs nor be among the rulers and kings in the world to come. Even this present Heaven christians are running to will perish later, it will wax old and God Himself will destroy it. But His Kingdom abides ever.

U are still nt directly answering my question, maybe u should look it over again?

U said u can say who will partake of the second death or what yardstick the Lord would use? I know u believe the scriptures cos its boldly written therein that

4 Then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those to whom authority to act as judges and to pass sentence was entrusted. Also I saw the souls of those who had been slain with axes [beheaded] for their witnessing to Jesus and [for preaching and testifying] for the Word of God, and who had refused to pay homage to the beast or his statue and had not accepted his mark or permitted it to be stamped on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived again and ruled with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years. (A)

5 The remainder of the dead were not restored to life again until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed (happy, [a] to be envied) and holy (spiritually whole, of unimpaired innocence and proved virtue) is the person who takes part (shares) in the first resurrection! Over them the second death exerts no power or authority, but they shall be ministers of God and of Christ (the Messiah), and they shall rule along with Him a thousand years.

Revelation 20

So those that overcome firstly has overcome forever n the second death has no power over then anymore. I believe u know the second death is the eternal damnation which will have power over those later mentioned

12 I [also] saw the dead, great and small; they stood before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged (sentenced) by what they had done [ [b] their whole way of feeling and acting, their aims and endeavors] in accordance with what was recorded in the books.

13 And the sea delivered up the dead who were in it, death and Hades ( [c] the state of death or disembodied existence) surrendered the dead in them, and all were tried and their cases determined by what they had done [according to their motives, aims, and works].

14 Then death and Hades ( [d] the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

15 And if anyone's [name] was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

Though this is nt my question bt since u mentioned it I had to show what the scriptures says concerning it. Maybe I should mk it simpler

Are u saying that those in Hell presently can still end up being saved or in Heaven or kingdom of God?

NB Uderstood the difference btw the kingdom of God n Heaven so no need to try state d difference again
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
clearly there's no unity of faith... and this is due to the dearth of mature ministers, prophets, apostles, teachers and pastors... May the Lord send us more shepherds!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Another evidence against gradual soulish transformation:

1Pet 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: KJV

1 Peter 1:22 You obeyed the truth, and your souls were made pure. Now you sincerely love each other. But you must keep on loving with all your heart. CEV

These verses suggest that the salvation of the soul is a deal that doesn't take a life time and certainly not gradual!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
@OP, its not øƒ years, months or days. Its an instant action. The moment you are ready to give and submit every bit øƒ your life to Jesus...instantly, you are saved...the very moment you confess your sins to Him and you invite Him into your heart. That's all. Then you are free.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 1:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Shawl001:
@OP, its not øƒ years, months or days. Its an instant action. The moment you are ready to give and submit every bit øƒ your life to Jesus...instantly, you are saved...the very moment you confess your sins to Him and you invite Him into your heart. That's all. Then you are free.

what happens instantly, regeneration of the spirit or the renewal of the soul?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2015
efficiencie:

what happens instantly, regeneration of the spirit or the renewal of the soul?
. It has to do woth our soul. That's us, not the spirit. The spirit belongs to God. Its the breath øƒ Life He gave us from start. Its the renewal øƒ our soul that's @work. The new creature in 1Cor5:17 is the soul. Ur soul is made right with God instantly. Then, when U̶̲̥̅̊ hunger ƒσя the Holyspirit, He comes in and bears witness ur spirit that you re a child øƒ God. He helps you to guide ur soul and teach U̶̲̥̅̊ into all things. He becomes ur Spirit man.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Shawl001:
. It has to do woth our soul. That's us, not the spirit. The spirit belongs to God. Its the breath øƒ Life He gave us from start. Its the renewal øƒ our soul that's @work. The new creature in 1Cor5:17 is the soul. Ur soul is made right with God instantly. Then, when U̶̲̥̅̊ hunger ƒσя the Holyspirit, He comes in and bears witness ur spirit that you re a child øƒ God. He helps you to guide ur soul and teach U̶̲̥̅̊ into all things. He becomes ur Spirit man.

Wait! What are you? Are you spirit or soul?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
PastorOluT:

U are still nt directly answering my question, maybe u should look it over again?

U said u can say who will partake of the second death or what yardstick the Lord would use? I know u believe the scriptures cos its boldly written therein that

4 Then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those to whom authority to act as judges and to pass sentence was entrusted. Also I saw the souls of those who had been slain with axes [beheaded] for their witnessing to Jesus and [for preaching and testifying] for the Word of God, and who had refused to pay homage to the beast or his statue and had not accepted his mark or permitted it to be stamped on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived again and ruled with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years. (A)

5 The remainder of the dead were not restored to life again until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed (happy, [a] to be envied) and holy (spiritually whole, of unimpaired innocence and proved virtue) is the person who takes part (shares) in the first resurrection! Over them the second death exerts no power or authority, but they shall be ministers of God and of Christ (the Messiah), and they shall rule along with Him a thousand years.

Revelation 20

So those that overcome firstly has overcome forever n the second death has no power over then anymore. I believe u know the second death is the eternal damnation which will have power over those later mentioned

12 I [also] saw the dead, great and small; they stood before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged (sentenced) by what they had done [ [b] their whole way of feeling and acting, their aims and endeavors] in accordance with what was recorded in the books.

13 And the sea delivered up the dead who were in it, death and Hades ( [c] the state of death or disembodied existence) surrendered the dead in them, and all were tried and their cases determined by what they had done [according to their motives, aims, and works].

14 Then death and Hades ( [d] the state of death or disembodied existence) were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

15 And if anyone's [name] was not found recorded in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

Though this is nt my question bt since u mentioned it I had to show what the scriptures says concerning it. Maybe I should mk it simpler

Are u saying that those in Hell presently can still end up being saved or in Heaven or kingdom of God?

NB Uderstood the difference btw the kingdom of God n Heaven so no need to try state d difference again
looks like Nairaland don't notify people of long post again or what!
Salvation is relative...what I mean is we have to know the in-depth of salvation. You can be in heaven and yet you're not save as you ought to be saved. When angels looks at such a fellow, they will say this one has not passed through salvation and that's what will give birth to cries and weeping and gnashing of teeth in that time(Luke 13:28)It is worse than being thrown into the Lake. Like I said that if you want to know a prototype of what salvation is: look at the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. So, if you ask me if those in hell will end up being saved, this will I say to you: I won't use "saved" coz it is deep but if they can stroll to heaven? Yes.

Concerning the 1st and 2nd resurrection(coz two types of resurrection will happen): the saints and the wicked. To be a partaker in the 1st meant you're sealed, ur fate is not staggering maybe u'll be there or here and there is surety about your destiny. But the ones that will have the 2nd resurrection, you're OYO. Anything can happen. That's why they will be judged according to their works. Even Death and Hell was cast into the Lake before them. But the yardstick for humans is the clause, anyone not found written in the Book of Life. There is a reason it was said like that. In other words, there is a probability to escape the "death which God Himself will administer to spirits"- which we call the 2nd death. All is needed is your name be found in that Book. Whosoever, God won't look at faces. Not everyone is a "Lake" material,the scripture in Revelation mentioned the category of those who will partake in the 2nd death. Since Revelation is the realm of the sealing times(check 20:5, maybe they lived again after the thousand yrs. Just drawing attention to something there,I won't talk abt that). These are the category:

Rev 21:8: the fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars. These are the category of people that shall be a partaker. Know that those are spiritual terminologies, it is beyond the works of the flesh. No..;just look at them again. I will summarize it.

-Fearful(cowards, those who doesn't want to lose their life-which is a lie and want to save it)

-unbelieving-( believing a different way,shortcut-they don't believe in overcoming(Life of God)

-abominable(hateful to the Truth which is Life. Made Unclean by their love for the Lie which are according to the workings of satan)

-Murderers(beyond killing your fellow human being. These ones are those who annihilate Life of God in themselves and others- self suicide)

-Whoremongers(beyond being a fornicator or an adulterer. Those who are pleasure seekers of another Life that differs from Truth. They love the pleasure of this present age.)

-sorcerers(beyond practices of magic. Those who sorcerize with their soul. High wisdom of deception. Not physical magic.)

-idolaters(beyond graven image worship. These are simply worshippers. Those who shall worship the way of satan. Who have the might to carry out satanic agenda.)

-Liars(beyond literal lying. Those who lived a lifestyle different from Truth. John 14:6)

So, this is it....maybe, maybe not..someone with a higher revelation can disprove this. The yardstick is with Him but the categories are mentioned. Maranatha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why I Cannot Just Keep My Atheism To Myself / I Watch Pornograffic Movies With My Wife, Are We Sinning?? / Ramadan Funnies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.