Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Punters Rehab - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Punters Rehab (6123 Views)

10 Types Of Punters On Nairaland / Fraudulent / Rogue / Scam Sporting Betting Bookies Nigeria Punters Must Avoid / PUNTERS ONLY!!! VFL (virtual Football League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Re: Punters Rehab by tonyx4x44(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hope this helps someone

Coping with Gambling Addiction (Compulsive Gambling)

Gambling addiction or Problem gambling (clinically know as ludomania) is the urge to gamble continuously despite harmful consequences. Compulsive gamblers have an uncontrollable urge to gamble, even when it is obviously hazardous to their well being. Compulsive gamblers keep playing whether they can afford it or not, are happy or depressed. The are not perturbed when the odds are not in their favour, and often gamble away what they can’t afford to lose.

Gambling addiction is often defined by the presence and extent of CONTINUE READING

[img]http://2.bp..com/-bVinUO09Gxo/T3k00m7vpPI/AAAAAAAAABI/Fy3MC7_IaoI/s1600/online_gambling_revenue.png[/img]
Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2015
clodd007:
am back again wyt my SUPER SINGLE game of the day....this time
around its a bit juicy and i want you all to enjoy....

Liga:Norway OBOS Ligaen
Time: 20:30
Hodd - Jerv
Pick:1

Odd:2,33

GL.......
lol, is this why You created this thread? You're indeed addicted to it, save yourself 1st b4 You create a thread for others.
Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
ArseneWenger:
lol, is this why You created this thread? You're indeed addicted to it, save yourself 1st b4 You create a thread for others.

we are here to save eachoda..... this is a support group thread...... help eachoda thru thick and thin...... share your down experiences for young punters to learn from and be a better person in life instead I see punters live in denial that there is no prob.....

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by tonyx4x44(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
ArseneWenger:

being critical and antagonistic does not help anybody...

I want to assume you know what rehab means...
Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2015
StrafordSTONES can u pls talk to us about experience in punting....
Re: Punters Rehab by StrafordSTONES(m): 6:09am On Oct 01, 2015
clodd007:
StrafordSTONES can u pls talk to us about experience in punting....

bro, its not something I can advise anyone to do or go into, be it sports trading or the normal betting...

I started punting on nov.2013, and believe you me, its been the worst 20 months of my life; within this months, I have experienced all the bad thing nobody prays for( brokeness,depression, high blood pressure, lack of emotions and worst of all forgetfulness).
These downsides were escalated on Aug. 2014, when I searched" how to make money on sports betting" on Google and the advised me to stake big on low odds- my dear reader, from that day my life almost became unpurposeful because what I read appealed to me, in my mind, I have found a way to end the financial distress that was caused by the same business...in brief I staked and staked and lost and lost....
on DEC. however, I started making plans to quit, I succeeded for a little while and once again i found my self in something I so despise...I don't wana spend much time on my experiences but I just wana hand you punting aspirants a piece of advice: RUN RUN RUN...don't mind those people telling u the making profits, none of them have built a house with sports betting profits...don't join because if u do and it doesn't work for you, it will be hard for u to exit
Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2015
StrafordSTONES:

bro, its not something I can advise anyone to do or go into, be it sports trading or the normal betting...

I started punting on nov.2013, and believe you me, its been the worst 20 months of my life; within this months, I have experienced all the bad thing nobody prays for( brokeness,depression, high blood pressure, lack of emotions and worst of all forgetfulness).
These downsides were escalated on Aug. 2014, when I searched" how to make money on sports betting" on Google and the advised me to stake big on low odds- my dear reader, from that day my life almost became unpurposeful because what I read appealed to me, in my mind, I have found a way to end the financial distress that was caused by the same business...in brief I staked and staked and lost and lost....
on DEC. however, I started making plans to quit, I succeeded for a little while and once again i found my self in something I so despise...I don't wana spend much time on my experiences but I just wana hand you punting aspirants a piece of advice: RUN RUN RUN...don't mind those people telling u the making profits, none of them have built a house with sports betting profits...don't join because if u do and it doesn't work for you, it will be hard for u to exit

bro..... thank you so much for being man enough to share your story with us..... that is what this thread is about.... I myself have been in out in out and still in..... U try to stay away then after few days or weeks u suddenly get this feeling you can win..... what I have tried to do of late is stake very minimal just for d fun of the game not the usual heart attack high stake....... it's pretty obvious many punters are struggling with punting addiction but will fight tooth and nail not just to only deny it but also to fight peeps telling them the truth...... would more people to come out here tell us their story... be it good or bad about punting.... cos I know the myt be a small minority wyt good experience.. once again thanks....
Re: Punters Rehab by Lionhearted: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Started punting in Dec. 12, 2002. It will be among the bad decisions I made in my life.

Every months I deposited 1k into my bookie account for two years. That is 24k cos I am always losing or in the so-called rat race.

Every decision to quit always fail. It wasn't until March this year that I had such a good run that I made almost 500k.

Despite now having a success rate of 75% with my picks I still want to leave punting. And I believe I am on the road there.

Before the day break, I analysed and stake on only 4 games and check the outcome in the night. This reduces considerably the high HP, constant checking of scores and the trauma of losing. And curiously my account increases daily but I still want to leave.

I try as much as possible to be engaged on otherthings whn I have free time, otherwise I will spend it on Punting related activities.

Before Dec., I will quit finally with the help of Olodumare.
Re: Punters Rehab by freshcvvs: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2015
I also want to quit.

I have lost more than i have gained even though i don't lose much again but i still want to quit.

Just looking for that one hit and then call it quit.

I feel like i need to make x3 of what i have lost before i can quit.

Most people lost more than they have gained but won't agree.
Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Well, I. Started punting just last year during my nysc cheesy. I made my 1st million from punting(I was actually making 100k/day), thanks to a guy called Ibecima on nairaland grin, & since then it has been up & down, but I've had more UPs than downs.

Quitting soon? Hell NO, maybe I'm lucky? I've never lost as much as I've gained... Money mgt is key, punting is not for the 'broke', punting is not a get rich quick scheme, & finally punting can ruin Your life. You've got to be emotionally strong to stay put.

Just find Your niche & stick to it, I've found mine, it hasn't been all rosy(Goals grin ), but I like what I've made so far.

In summary, if You're losing money, PLS quit, if You've never made a withdrawal before PLS quit.

Like someone said yesterday, & I quote:
freshcvvs:
"Until You start seeing 3 points 1.30 points as huge, You've not started punting"

My humble contribution. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punters Rehab by freshcvvs: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2015
2pointsonly:
Well, I. Started punting just last year during my nysc cheesy. I made my 1st million from punting(I was actually making 100k/day), thanks to a guy called Ibecima on nairaland grin, & since then it has been up & down, but I've had more UPs than downs.

Quitting soon? Hell NO, maybe I'm lucky? I've never lost as much as I've gained... Money mgt is key, punting is not for the 'broke', punting is not a get rich quick scheme, & finally punting can ruin Your life. You've got to be emotionally strong to stay put.

Just find Your niche & stick to it, I've found mine, it hasn't been all rosy(Goals grin ), but I like what I've made so far.

In summary, if You're losing money, PLS quit, if You've never made a withdrawal before PLS quit.

Hehehe, funny enough, most people play with #100 and wants to win #10k with it, to win #10k, u need huge odds.

imagine playing with #10k and aiming for 2-3 odds, the probability of winning is higher than the former.

How many can play with #10k, #50k or #100k?

One thing i need say is that you can only see profit playing 1.30-3 odds if you don't play with anything lower than #10k or at least #5k.

As he likely said, punting for profit is only for those with money but comfy with max of 3 odds but i still wanna quit. if i get #100k today, i will quit, at least that should cover 50% of what i have lost since last year i started.
Re: Punters Rehab by StrafordSTONES(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2015
freshcvvs:

Hehehe, funny enough, most people play with #100 and wants to win #10k with it, to win #10k, u need huge odds.

imagine playing with #10k and aiming for 2-3 odds, the probability of winning is higher than the former.

How many can play with #10k, #50k or #100k?

One thing i need say is that you can only see profit playing 1.30-3 odds if you don't play with anything lower than #10k or at least #5k.

As he likely said, punting for profit is only for those with money but comfy with max of 3 odds.

don't play don't win......
Re: Punters Rehab by tonyx4x44(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2015
2pointsonly:

nice one...

I don't see my self quiting soon...

currently winning with few down...

but what i need to do is cut down the time i spend on gambling. Believe it or not gambling can ruin your relationships and that i wouldn't want when i get married (possibly hoping to quit by then).

Started punting in 2009... lost reasonably for for the first few years with few wins... at least 100k total loss

fell into the shop punting madness 2013-14 at least 70k loss on that...

since 2015 I've quit shop punting and have become extremely wise with money management. since then there has always been a reasonable monthly profit...

Just find Your niche & stick to it, I've found mine, it hasn't been all rosy(>2.0 grin ), but I like what I've made so far.

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2015
really appreciate seasoned punters coming in to pitch in on their experiences with punting...... different strokes for different folks as we all know it...... there is no shame in losing...... we all have....... but always better to quickly know your flaws and try to do better

2 Likes

Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
i started by january 2014 and it has been one hell of a ride. the guy who introduced it to me convinced on how i can make millions choosing 8 games. i thought i have found an easy way out of brokeness. na so i start o. i have only withdrawn twice and each withdrawal is 2k and 2500 in naira. i have lost over 100k in trying to recover what i lost. i recently used the money i budgeted for killing live chicken on salah day to stake high thinking i would win enough to buy a ram. Na so the money waka oo. since i don decide to quit but this weekend fixture they tempt me again.

@freshcvvs this na why i dey drop my email on ur thread
Re: Punters Rehab by tonyx4x44(m): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
uselessgoat:
i started by january 2014 and it has been one hell of a ride. the guy who introduced it to me convinced on how i can make millions choosing 8 games. i thought i have found an easy way out of brokeness. na so i start o. i have only withdrawn twice and each withdrawal is 2k and 2500 in naira. i have lost over 100k in trying to recover what i lost. i recently used the money i budgeted for killing live chicken on salah day to stake high thinking i would win enough to buy a ram. Na so the money waka oo. since i don decide to quit but this weekend fixture they tempt me again.

Distract yourself with another activity, such as cleaning your house, going to the gym, or watching a movie.

Postpone gambling.

Visualize what will happen if you give in to the urge to gamble. Think about how you’ll feel after all your money is gone and you’ve disappointed yourself and your family again.

Find a hobby or business and get invested in it

try healthier ways to build a social network. Volunteer, connect with old friends, make new friends.
www.boyantech.com/gambling-addiction/

try to stay away this weekend... gambling by impulse is not a good idea...
Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
uselessgoat:

@uselessgoat nice of you to share this experience...... it further more goes to show most times we lose more than we gain..... and I strongly advise you and any other person reading our thread to try to only stake what u can afford to lose when u see that u cant get it out of your mind..... the stories here have really been helpful even to me..... as it keeps Mi on the right track.....

lionhearted, Tony, fresh, and every other person that have contributed I say am very grateful...... and I would always advise us to always look for other alternative green business even if you make money from punting..... my father would always say to become a success in life u have to have multiple source of income..and that has kept my hustle going....

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
godoluwa:
***ATTENTION EVERYBODY***
I DONT BELIEVE IN FIXED MATCH & I WANT YOU ALL TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU STAND TO LOSS IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FIXED MATCH. I NEED TO CLEAR MY NAME THAT AM NOT SELLING MATCH TO ANYBODY. ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO MAKE PROFIT IN FOOTBALL BETTING IS INPLAY BUT ITS ALSO DANGEROUS IF YOU DONT HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT. BETTING IS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIRS OR SHORT CUT TO RICHES. THERE ARE LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE MONEY ON THE INTERNET APART FROM BETTING. OPEN YOUR EYES WIDE
Re: Punters Rehab by eseka12(m): 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
Wow... What a thread with didactic motive. Punting is a very risky investment with continuous hope of winning a jack pot. I invested my house rent of about 21k on punting and nothing came out of it. Any amount i av, i spend it on punting. I remember d day i used my last 200 to place a fruitless bet, and d previous day was my micro teaching which i ought 2 look gud. Though my beards was unkept yet i used d money on punting hoping to win just 1k to complete my expenditure. To make matters worst, i was eventually given an E for not shaving my beards before teaching. Punting limits your takes 90% of ur emotional life. I hardly call my galfriend when i was addicted to punting. It makes u forget other things. Punting prevents one from identifying other profitable business etc. These are just d few negative impact of punting on gamblers. To be frank, punting is very difficult 2 quit (speaking from experience) because when u see some sure fixtures, u are tempted 2 stake again. Finally, if u cannot endure d frequent loss in punting, pls quit u might soon die of hypertension... Still a punter though

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ok o

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by godoluwa(m): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
leocolin:
I came to read comment but for the benefit of some people who wanna invest in football betting, i beg u in the name of God... run for your dear life if u value your health and money...

Started punting early this year, january to be precise, and i'v lost close to 300k from january to august...God bless the day godoluwa mentioned inplay betting and how to analyse team performance using fscores.com, that was how i placed a single bet of 0ver 0.5goal of an odd of 2.4 using 200k to win 480k, though i won the bet but i was close to death that day coz the hypertention and anxiety was so severe...though my 20k is still with alabi but i dont need it anymore.

I only play crazy combo on weekend using #100.
am happy for una.

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
It's just a year I started.. Though I was opposed to punters and gamblers before due to one of my friend that will always ask me for money when he always claim he won some bet and so.. Though he doesn't tell me he lost too.. In back then October I thought about breaking my addiction to Internet and gadget to some businesses that can make the whole thing an entrepreneur than just an addict to Internet.. The idea of blogging came, which couldn't last for long because I see no joy in sharing stories that didn't make sense to me.. I always tried referral services.. That one look like a scam.. But one a day like that.. A pop up showed up in an open tab and it was .. That was my first time to find out I can play games while it's going on (inplay).. I thought that to be a good idea.. Since it's and different from the popular .. I thought is just a different way of betting than the so called nairabet of thing... I remember depositing 200 naira to my account at first and it was in a church.. Though I came earlier before the main service... I selected like five events with some number's (odds) and I saw the 50 Naira I clicked in the open box changed to 200.. I say OK.. I played it.. And when I came back.. I say my account reading 350 Naira.. That was the beginning of it.. I just click on games I like and typed any money I think is alright for my confidence level and some lost.. Some went through.. I remember staying awake all night and during 12 or 1I turned up my TV and looking at some basketball games and saw same game in the inplay corner.. To me then it was easy.. Though the 10 odds on a single game i won that day was my biggest inplay bet so far...

ANYWAY To cut is short, I HAVE LOST MORE Than I won.... When I decided to take punting as a business.. That's when I lost more and more, let me blame my indiscipline manners toward betting and lack of money management ... But when I think it as just checking my prediction and accuracy power that is when I perform better..

One lesson I have learnt is that punting should be for fun.. If taken as a business and u think u will minimize risk.. The more safer u get the more loss u obtain. Before I always aim for 2 odds with big money ND majority of those games lost.. But since I learnt staking low for bigger odds.. I never loose.. Cause any win covers my lost for a long period..

Another thing I see as a way to make punting more of a bizness is for one to have a staking plan or just find your niche and stick with it.. Don't be surprised when u constantly make profit with ur game plan.. Even bookies will limit ur staking.. .. Even though it fails.. Continue

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by freshcvvs: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
There are hidden markets we normally don't explore.

Cards, corners and time of goals.

Card or sub option

Card or goal option

Also the goal or sub option
Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
very interesting stories i must tell you..........i wouldnt lie to you guyz i have read every story here multiple times....just to grab every detail to the letter and i believe we are educating and helping ourselves and so many others to still come into the punting ......
Re: Punters Rehab by StrafordSTONES(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2015
it just occurred to me that our plans to quit punting does not prevail because most times we want quit because of the money we are losing and not necessarily because the act itself is bad and therefore when we see a game that looks like "sure", we decide to try it. Note however that once you try that game that looks like "sure", and it fails; the vigour or desire to bet becomes rekindled- because you need your lost money back.

Having identified this cause, it becomes necessary to address it with a view to providing solutions. Betting is bad; until u start seeing betting as gambling and not trading ,you can never achieve that desire to quit it. if you think betting is not gambling, then answer yourself this question" Would you like ur children to be doing this you are doing now"..if ur answer is no, then you have defeated that spirit that propels you to betting; hence withdraw and live that life which you desire and I guess them to be : unbrokeness, days without tension and ability to concentrate in any work you may find yourself.

Apply this step and see yourself liberated from this bondage

2 Likes

Re: Punters Rehab by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2015
StrafordSTONES:
it just occurred to me that our plans to quit punting does not prevail because most times we want quit because of the money we are losing and not necessarily because the act itself is bad and therefore when we see a game that looks like "sure", we decide to try it. Note however that once you try that game that looks like "sure", and it fails; the vigour or desire to bet becomes rekindled- because you need your lost money back.

Having identified this cause, it becomes necessary to address it with a view to providing solutions. Betting is bad; until u start seeing betting as gambling and not trading ,you can never achieve that desire to quit it. if you think betting is not gambling, then answer yourself this question" Would you like ur children to be doing this you are doing now"..if ur answer is no, then you have defeated that spirit that propels you to betting; hence withdraw and live that life which you desire and I guess them to be : unbrokeness, days without tension and ability to concentrate in any work you may find yourself.

well spoken

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by baddooski: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
StrafordSTONES:

alabi get power sha
Re: Punters Rehab by baddooski: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
StrafordSTONES:

u are aware of this yet u return.

Smh!
Re: Punters Rehab by tonyx4x44(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Successfully quitted punting

1 Like

Re: Punters Rehab by clodd007(m): 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
tonyx4x44:
Successfully quitted punting

NOBODY WOULD UNDERSTAND THE WEIGHT OF THE POST BUT BRODA I APPRECIATE YOU PLENTY..... PLEASE SHARE THE STORY TOWARDS WHEN U SUCCESSFULLY QUIT AND HOW LIFE HAS BEEN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitcoin Remittance Business For Nigeria - Business Opportunity / GTBANK And Their "Trap" / Electric Motors And Other Fairly Used Industrial Goods For Sale !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.