Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too (64913 Views)

Some Common Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs / Hilarious: See These Funny Images That Would Surely Make You Laugh / Funny Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs And Their Loose Translations ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by benELOHIM7(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sidan 1st b4 u relax

Meaning : Do One thing at a time

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by cluksy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
freshness2020:
Waka waka don carry belle
Loose translation: walking walking is carried stomach!

Olodo... GMB na ur class mate?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by vicogu76(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Prick pass prick meaning say man were born the same but one is greater
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by folabayo1(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
simplemach:
Big toto no go fvck emself. Meaning say no matter how toto big reach, na man go still treat am.
ashewo
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na "make una leave me" na dey "Tear" pant.

Lesson: live to fight another day.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by doskie(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
IamDejman:
Black and Proud smiley
hmmn. I see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Tinoxky: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha, what a bomb! Kai!
tyson99:

many are mad but few are roaming
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by folabayo1(f): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Man we dey beat him wife na die he go die grin
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
watin make man old, get bald head, still dey push truck.. Na watin he do for morning cause am.

Translation: try to do things considering tomorrow (ur future)
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by doskie(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
lol @ pikin wey agbada start guy.
craze easy to firm but na trecking
person wey tey for party dey wash plate
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dorox(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Say person like meat no mean say e go come begin dey call cow broda
Translation. Don't lose your dignity to the person you desire to possess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by lyricalz: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Proverbs made in warri. My pple me throway cap 4 una o.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b][/b] Na only u Waka come

Translation: it is you that come alone... lol
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Nduzee4noi2000yahoocou(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
opolo eye no bi open eye

the first day i heard this from a wafi guy it got me think...

interesting tho,
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by heffem(m): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
checkdate:

Man wey Unclad ?

Pls who is edithing this kind of write up ?
. U̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ correct the guy or U̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ immitate am?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ebbymayox(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
thanks bro
jkendy:
At least we need something like this to calm down the nerves after too much woeful debates on GEJ vs GMB

Nice one @ OP
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ebbymayox(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
clemz85:

but the shiit still dey there
you know observe say i type am with double ii
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by clemz85(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
ebbymayox:
you know observe say i type am with double ii

OK lemme check... shit

come Seun what's the different in poo and shiit?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by lolaxavier(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ZEPHYREN(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Op you forget my favourite "yanch" no get teeth but it dey cut sh**it
I don't have any translation for it make of it what you want kiss
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
@ebbymayox
Nice. But some of the interpretations are way off point. Example; leave matter for Mathias. The interpretation should've been ''let sleeping dog lie''

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Ladybluecash(f): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na wen run start,, big yansh woman go knw say she carry load meanin: big butt is bigacious tongue
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by betrani(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Akamu no d form shiiit
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by phlamesG: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
make I add my own "rice wey dey 4 d bottom of pot 2day go dey 4 top of cooler 2moro" translation= no condition is permanent

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Lilimax(f): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
ebbymayox:
This same post I did on nairaland was from my blog http://www.tlkdrum.com/18-nigerian-pidgin-proverbs-that-will-surely-make-you-laugh/.

Only for me to see my post on Stephanie Okereke's blog the next day without a single credit back to me.
http://www.stephaniedaily.com/nigerian-pidgin-proverbs-that-will-surely-make-you-laugh/

WHY?? THIS ARE THE SAMER ARTIST/ARTRESS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT ALABA BOY PIRATING THEIR MOVIES.

Talk About Double Standard.
How do we believe you that Stephanie copied from you? Is your write up patented? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by kccarew(f): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
I love all, am going to copy and send to all my bbm contactswink
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by CaniiiceDim(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
simplemach:
Big toto no go fvck emself. Meaning say no matter how toto big reach, na man go still treat am.
. Gbosaaaa !!! This is my favourite. Lol... All those babes wey dey form like say them no need man. Hehe..
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by kennywalter: 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b][/b]Drinking gari and kulikuli no be poverty but allowing it to soak and swell before drinking na poverty
Meaning
Your action determines who you really are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Hanibal(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
Blackchampion:
And y am i not laughing?
Because your problems plenty gan
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by benjsniper33: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
tell de ibo man to go back to de village go dey farm na, make e commot lagos and kano na
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by professore(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yansh na wonderful material property grin
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by eme1n(m): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Water wey touch preek must surely touch blokos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Pix: When Parents Want Their Kids To Be Wizkid By Force / When Your Man Got Your Back (photo) / When Ife Chiefs Decide To Choose Another Abobaku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.