Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too (64042 Views)

Some Common Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs / Hilarious: See These Funny Images That Would Surely Make You Laugh / Funny Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs And Their Loose Translations ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by benELOHIM7(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sidan 1st b4 u relax

Meaning : Do One thing at a time

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by cluksy(m): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
freshness2020:
Waka waka don carry belle
Loose translation: walking walking is carried stomach!

Olodo... GMB na ur class mate?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by vicogu76(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
Prick pass prick meaning say man were born the same but one is greater
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by folabayo1(f): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
simplemach:
Big toto no go fvck emself. Meaning say no matter how toto big reach, na man go still treat am.
ashewo
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na "make una leave me" na dey "Tear" pant.

Lesson: live to fight another day.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by doskie(m): 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
IamDejman:
Black and Proud smiley
hmmn. I see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Tinoxky: 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha, what a bomb! Kai!
tyson99:

many are mad but few are roaming
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by folabayo1(f): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Man we dey beat him wife na die he go die grin
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
watin make man old, get bald head, still dey push truck.. Na watin he do for morning cause am.

Translation: try to do things considering tomorrow (ur future)
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by doskie(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
lol @ pikin wey agbada start guy.
craze easy to firm but na trecking
person wey tey for party dey wash plate
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dorox(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Say person like meat no mean say e go come begin dey call cow broda
Translation. Don't lose your dignity to the person you desire to possess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by lyricalz: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Proverbs made in warri. My pple me throway cap 4 una o.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by dbblessboy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b][/b] Na only u Waka come

Translation: it is you that come alone... lol
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Nduzee4noi2000yahoocou(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
opolo eye no bi open eye

the first day i heard this from a wafi guy it got me think...

interesting tho,
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by heffem(m): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
checkdate:

Man wey Unclad ?

Pls who is edithing this kind of write up ?
. U̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ correct the guy or U̶̲̥̅̊ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ immitate am?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ebbymayox(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
thanks bro
jkendy:
At least we need something like this to calm down the nerves after too much woeful debates on GEJ vs GMB

Nice one @ OP
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ebbymayox(m): 11:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
clemz85:

but the shiit still dey there
you know observe say i type am with double ii
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by clemz85(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
ebbymayox:
you know observe say i type am with double ii

OK lemme check... shit

come Seun what's the different in poo and shiit?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by lolaxavier(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by ZEPHYREN(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Op you forget my favourite "yanch" no get teeth but it dey cut sh**it
I don't have any translation for it make of it what you want kiss
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by musicwriter(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
@ebbymayox
Nice. But some of the interpretations are way off point. Example; leave matter for Mathias. The interpretation should've been ''let sleeping dog lie''

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Ladybluecash(f): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Na wen run start,, big yansh woman go knw say she carry load meanin: big butt is bigacious tongue
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by betrani(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Akamu no d form shiiit
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by phlamesG: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
make I add my own "rice wey dey 4 d bottom of pot 2day go dey 4 top of cooler 2moro" translation= no condition is permanent

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Lilimax(f): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
ebbymayox:
This same post I did on nairaland was from my blog http://www.tlkdrum.com/18-nigerian-pidgin-proverbs-that-will-surely-make-you-laugh/.

Only for me to see my post on Stephanie Okereke's blog the next day without a single credit back to me.
http://www.stephaniedaily.com/nigerian-pidgin-proverbs-that-will-surely-make-you-laugh/

WHY?? THIS ARE THE SAMER ARTIST/ARTRESS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT ALABA BOY PIRATING THEIR MOVIES.

Talk About Double Standard.
How do we believe you that Stephanie copied from you? Is your write up patented? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by kccarew(f): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
I love all, am going to copy and send to all my bbm contactswink
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by CaniiiceDim(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
simplemach:
Big toto no go fvck emself. Meaning say no matter how toto big reach, na man go still treat am.
. Gbosaaaa !!! This is my favourite. Lol... All those babes wey dey form like say them no need man. Hehe..
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by kennywalter: 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b][/b]Drinking gari and kulikuli no be poverty but allowing it to soak and swell before drinking na poverty
Meaning
Your action determines who you really are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by Hanibal(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
Blackchampion:
And y am i not laughing?
Because your problems plenty gan
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by benjsniper33: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
tell de ibo man to go back to de village go dey farm na, make e commot lagos and kano na
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by professore(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yansh na wonderful material property grin
Re: Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs That Will Surely Make You Laugh: Add Yours Too by eme1n(m): 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Water wey touch preek must surely touch blokos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Fall From Your Bike And Your Crush Is Passing(pic) / Donald Trump's Lookalike Spotted In Oshodi - Picture / When you Had Your First Kiss At The Age Of 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.