Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo (498 Views)

HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by franxalive(m): 11:19am On Jan 04, 2015
Wife of the late sage and political leader of the South-west zone, Chief ObafemiAwolowo, has thrown her weight behind the candidacy of Professor Yemi Osinbanjo, who is the vice presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in next year’s presidential election.

Osinbanjo, who visited the matriach of the popular Awolowo family in her country home in Ikenne, Remoland, Ogun state, was accompanied by his wife, Dolapo, his twin brother, Akin Osinbajo, who was former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Ogun State, a former senator, Olorunimbe Mamora, among others.

Mrs. Awolowo was elated over the choice of the APC to choose Mr. Osinbajo as the running mate of Gen Muhammadu Buhari and she advised the people of Ikenne in particular and Nigerians in general to support him.

“I am very grateful this morning to see that Yemi Osinbajo is going to higher ground and it is my prayer that he will get there. I urge you all to support his aspiration. God will take you there,” she said.

Mr. Osinbajo had earlier eulogized the virtues of the late leader, Obafemi Awolowo, for his contribution to the development of the country, assuring the matriarch that his party would not falter in carrying on with the good policies and programmes of her late husband.

SOURCE:
http://www.naij.com/352688-hid-awolowo-endorses-osinbanjo.html
Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by Goddygee(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Ok, **Dancing Shoki**

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by Vanpascore(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2015
Long live mama.

2 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2015
I smell danger for PDP in this coming election. The south-west seems bent on paying back the PDP in her own coin following the wide spread marginalisation of the south-west zone by this present administration. The south-east being PDP stronghold isn't left out too as the apex socio-cultural group, Ohaneze ndi igbo seems divided over endorsing PDP presidential candidate. So also the most revered religious leader in the south-east has thrown his weight openly behind the candidacy of the APC. The entire core north is better felt than explained as their grievance against this present administration has gone too sour and frosty to be amended. In all, I smell doom for the PDP in this forthcoming presidential election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by Chaleeee: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Why hasn't buhari visited the Awolowo family??
Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by austinvsb1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mama has spoken and we v heard! No going back from here.

GMB/Osinbanjo 2015

The time for Change is now.

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by franxalive(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Goddygee:
Ok, **Dancing Shoki**

LLolszz...pics of u dancing or "adonbilivit" grin cheesy
Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by franxalive(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Chaleeee:
Why hasn't buhari visited the Awolowo family??

Criticise with wisdom...if I may ask, how many Nigerian elite families did GEJ visited, during his 2007 & 2011 ccampaigs
Re: HID Awolowo Endorses Osinbanjo by Chaleeee: 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
franxalive:

Criticise with wisdom...if I may ask, how many Nigerian elite families did GEJ visited, during his 2007 & 2011 ccampaigs

Brain dead APC QWERTY-rats see everything that doesn't have "sai bokoharam" in it as a criticism. I only asked a simple question.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Winpresidentialelection –governor Fayose / Photos:General Buhari Takes Campaign To Olu Of Warri's Palace / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.