Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. (4226 Views)

Top 5 Skills In Nigeria That Gets You Hired In 2017 / This Is How You Negotiate Salary When You Are About To Be Hired / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by CVWizards(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
If you’re trying to get your first entry job, that’s not the time to be timid. Take a hint from SujataSetia, a freelance copywriter who spammed one employer so hard that it ended up landing her the job in her story at LinkedIn entitled "I Spammed her Inbox. She hired me." Why did it work? She never gave up and dared the employer to contact her to give her a mock assignment. The employer did, she aced the sample, and now she has a job. You can use the same techniques she used to get noticed too.

Get Your Name in Front of the Right People

Be the one hired out of many applicants after a flurry of new grad jobs applications have landed in the hiring manager’s inbox by getting noticed first. Spamming can be effective when looking for a fresh graduate job. You can send multiple job applications or requests for information, at different times. Here’s how to get your name noticed when it comes time to apply:

Multiple Resumes - If you sent it and got no reply, send it again. You can send it as many times as you think it takes to get a response.

Use Different Inboxes - You might see one for Human Resources (HR), another for a hiring manager, or a third on their website. You can send it to all three. It might be you don’t fit the job for the hiring manager, but HR still wants to talk to you. Try the chat feature on the website to ask about the status of your application.

Use Social Media - You can use LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to send your resume to people who you think might be able to help you connect with someone who is hiring.

Source: http://blog.cvwizards.com.ng/?p=375

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by corperscorner: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
I never thought anything could make me say this. But that was exactly how I secured a job with one of the prominent banks in the country.

Though I believe if God didn't want it to be so, no matter how many mails you send, it won't lead you anywhere.

But the point is: explore boundaries and you'll realize possibilities are endless.

I never wrote an application, but I have a good job by sending an anonymous mail to a stranger I never knew.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Godmother(f): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
You have to be good though to attempt this method. But in all it takes a lot of patience.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by G12(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tried it before and I got a response that there is embargo on employment in the org. Gonna try again this year, by God's grace latest by March, I am going to land a better job.

3 Likes

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by lasunray(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
FP material...

will give it a trial
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hmm ok na, lemme also try it
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by ozor1: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Trust me,this won't work in Nigeria,Oga at the top wants to put his father in-law in that position

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
small doctor abeg continue d music jhawe.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Elparaiso(m): 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
Booked..... Not for sale
Beware of my father
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by jom28gy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Every body have his or her own way.

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Allwility: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
For me, spamming a potential employer is a no- no. I mean if you're really worth your salt, one resume is enough to convince an employer. If I were hiring and you spammed my mail box, chances are that it'd be treated as what it is - junk mail.
There are other means of standing out and young grads should explore them. Besides, spamming is a crime in some parts of the US and the UK.

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by izutex007(m): 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
@Allwility wht den is ur sugestion aside spaming?
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by siegfried99(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hmmmm cool
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Allwility: 12:00am On Jan 05, 2015
izutex007:
@Allwility wht den is ur sugestion aside spaming?

A well written resume tailored to meet the employer's needs as written in the job description. The mistake some grads make is to have a one-fit-all cv and that's why they hardly ever get called, savvy?

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Infomizer(m): 6:31am On Jan 05, 2015
Allwility:
For me, spamming a potential employer is a no- no. I mean if you're really worth your salt, one resume is enough to convince an employer. If I were hiring and you spammed my mail box, chances are that it'd be treated as what it is - junk mail.
There are other means of standing out and young grads should explore them. Besides, spamming is a crime in some parts of the US and the UK.

I think the idea behind spamming is to get noticed. Employers are usually inundated with CVs and getting them to even read your well-tailored CV may not be possible. #JustSaying

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by ednut1(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2015
so not professional. imagine am at work waiting for pple to reply my mails. bt every hour i get spammed by the same person. dats nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by CVWizards(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
lasunray:
FP material...

will give it a trial
My posts don't make front page.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
it sems many dont understand the spamming being used here .... you dont have to send every one hour.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by ABEngine(m): 1:21am On Jan 06, 2015
Lol, its not desperation its perseverance fueled by zest. I spammed at least 20 different organisations with unique CVs each day till I couldn't keep tab of which and where I applied to. I only relied on google to determine the credibility of inviting firms from their email extensions. Mine didn't pay off but somehow I got the plum from the most unexpected event.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by G12(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2015
The Finance Minister replied a message I can't remember when I sent last year just yesterday evening. Yes you read that correctly, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala replied my message.
My miracle is on the way! 2015 1st quater will not pass me by in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by CVWizards(m): 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
G12:
The Finance Minister replied a message I can't remember when I sent last year just yesterday evening. Yes you read that correctly, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala replied my message.
My miracle is on the way! 2015 1st quater will not pass me by in Jesus' name, Amen.
AMEN.
Re: I Spammed Her Inbox. She Hired Me. Why It Worked And Lessons Learnt. by CVWizards(m): 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
majekdom2:
it sems many dont understand the spamming being used here .... you dont have to send every one hour.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies – KPMG, Landover Company Limited And More / Oceanic Recruits / Wema Bank Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.