Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? (384 Views)

Which Of The Following Do Not Give Offering In Church? (PHOTOS) / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades" / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by Phoenixfrank(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
Its actually an awkward moment when u over give ur actual budget for the service.
Ever had the experience?
Some time In 2010 I unknowingly drop my mum's 1k into the offering bag...I froze as I watched the money dropped slowly. I didn't know what to do immediate i got to seat I searched myself like i had double 1k notes but there was my offering just sitting in my pocket.
The good thing was that after church these couple called me and asked if they could pay my fees but I told them I was waiting for admission. so they gave me an envelope for my mum. Seem like that was my saviour because my mum is kinda a religious person.

Secondly, I was busy looking for change for 1k throughout church service until it got to the time for offering. It will feel awkward to be the only person sitting while others walk down the aisle to drop offering so I zombifiable followed and dropped my 1k. Well miraculously, a lady who was going for service called me and said she will miss me, she shoke my hands and there was 3k...

Lastly, this sh*t seemed to be working just fine for me, so next Sunday I dropped N500 and up to today I still dey wait for my reward...
Re: Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by odeku457(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lol... thats me today. .. hahahaha
Praise the Lord
Re: Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Re: Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by Wisegeek01(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
There's nothing like overgiving offering"

Someone who drops 10k and one who drops 10 naira, are no different, if its what they have and its coming from the heart "Widows mite"

Giving offering is very important, sometimes you could have nothing to give and u just go touch the offering box

But I ain't saying you should go drop ur transport money tho*
Re: Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by NIJJAking(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
There was this bad habit i developed as a child that of covering an empty hand and dipping it into the offering bag...it continued till i got to the university . The day i was punished for was the day i was really broke and had only one thousand and twenty naira notes which i pocketed and went to that morning service. The priest gave a very touching sermon bothering on giving and receiving, i decided to change that day and when offering time came ,i stood up and walked to the offering bag and dipped my hand into my pocket and without checking just brought out a softer note i felt was the twenty naira , i put it in and returned to my seat, it was then it occured to me to check which note i gave out and i saw i still had the twenty naira , i froze in shock . All through the service i kept thinking how to recover my money but i knew it was gone. My watery eyes didnt leave the offering bag till i left the church.

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Over Gave Offering? by Phoenixfrank(m): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wisegeek01:
There's nothing like overgiving offering"

Someone who drops 10k and one who drops 10 naira, are no different, if its what they have and its coming from the heart "Widows mite"

Giving offering is very important, sometimes you could have nothing to give and u just go touch the offering box

But I ain't saying you should go drop ur transport money tho*
Now that's pretence I don't like... Be truth to urself and tell u me u go to church without knowing how much u want to give. Didn't u see the word "budget"?

(1) (Reply)

'holy Kiss' What Does It Means? / Morning Devotion Eyes Of Mercy Matthew 9:9-13 / Morning Devotion: Designed For Companionship Ecclesiastes 4:7-12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.