Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? (49160 Views)

50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria / Top 50 Songs Of The Week - May 14, 2016 (billboard Hot 100) / Tekno, Lil Kesh & Kiss Daniel Drops Down The Nigeria Top 20 Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by CoCoLav(f): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
Where is Onyeka Onwenu's wait for me?? shocked

Then Daddy showkeys Diana sad
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Nice to see you on this thread, will be following your inputs. Happy new year sir

Happy New Year.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by xtervaganza(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
A good list I must say but yahooze should be removed from the list as it encourages online fraud
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Yorubarocks: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wasiu ayinde omo naija should be on that list
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by joseph1832(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
blackjack21:

Baba frayo. grin
That's true. Baba frayo's dem go dey pose rocked during those times.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by joseph1832(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
CoCoLav:
Where is Onyeka Onwenu's wait for me?? shocked

Then Daddy showkeys Diana sad
Daddy Showkey's Diana is there, but Onyeka Onwenus's wait for me with Sunny Ade is not there. Both made the list anyway.

I wonder why the Mandators' Rat Race isn't there.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by AriDsexy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

If you like, songs that should and shouldn't be on the list

I really love ur list....nice nice nice

BUT

I didn't see Mike Okri's Omoge and Sunny Ade and Onyeka's wait for me[Don't know if I got d title right]

Barcanista dey listen to musíc? undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by M4gunners: 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
This list is making me angry. Just imagine afro juju ahead of Africa queen. "Biri kam biri" just lyk someone has said earlier should replace identity.
Raskimono "Kimono style ",yahooze is there. Please oh i dift see Edriss A . Nigeria Jaga jaga,Africa China (Chrises)What of Orshomole joseph ?(Baba na wa)Only 2 tracks from Fela make the list? Na lie.ITT,SUFFERING AND SMILING, TEACHER DON'T TEACH ME NONSES,LADY.Lagbajas feyin ye too supposed to make the list.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by jazzyjagz(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
Send down the Rain
Majek Fashek- 1986
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by M4gunners: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
joseph1832:
Gbam
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
naptu2:
The first 2 minutes of this track is pure gold.

Fuji Garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_vyAOQMZMI

Solid instrumental
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by blackjack21(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
joseph1832:
Tony tetula's my car should be remove.

And tuface african queen ought to be first five.

should be in the list, Edris abdulkareem too, Jaga Jaga. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by M4gunners: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
makhez019:
;DWhere is wizkid, " I want ya body sleeping in ma bed " fashola eleniyan agbaje eleniyan[size=8pt][/size]
You must be an ido....e generation bro!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
AriDsexy:

BUT

I didn't see Mike Okri's Omoge and Sunny Ade and Onyeka's wait for me[Don't know if I got d title right]

Copy and paste things grin

You just reminded me of omoge, i have got to download it now.

Well i hope he listens to music, omenka too.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by chudionu58(f): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
I hope someone will answer me finally this question... there are two songs that am fond of for years but I don't know the singers : 1. "aye o africa hi, aye o africa.... How are you doing africa, aye o africa" The music goes with alot of sax and was used by AIT as their background music for the morning ICT program "CYBER AFRICA". 2. The second is a pure highlife song more like dancehall jam, it goes with a female chorus "Ooooh mama eh ! lai lai .titi lai lai"it also goes with lots of trumpet "parararam paaram" ......Hope someone would help my soul, Thanks
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by AriDsexy(f): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
joseph1832:
Daddy Showkey's Diana is there, but Onyeka Onwenus's wait for me with Sunny Ade is not there. Both made the list anyway.

I wonder why the Mandators' Rat Race isn't there.

Oh and I also complained about not seeing Onyeka's song...old age grin

Ur right bout Mandator's rat race.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
Some people have recommended Alex O - Banana. I love that song, but I would prefer

Alex O - Do It In The Name Of Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW6glWZGlFU
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by hinohsend: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
A list lyk dis can't satisfy everyone.Gonga aso,fiji gabbage and even Doro bucci could also find a place in DAT list...BTW didd I see shoki @no 23...
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by blackjack21(m): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
This list is making me angry. Just imagine afro juju ahead of Africa queen. "Biri kam biri" just lyk someone has said earlier should replace identity.
Raskimono "Kimono style ",yahooze is there. Please oh i dift see Edriss A . Nigeria Jaga jaga,Africa China (Chrises)What of Orshomole joseph ?(Baba na wa)Only 2 tracks from Fela make the list? Na lie.ITT,SUFFERING AND SMILING, TEACHER DON'T TEACH ME NONSES,LADY.Lagbajas feyin ye too supposed to make the list.

You got it all, you are truly a garri generation. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
I agree lagbaja should be on the list.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by blackjack21(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
hinohsend:
A list lyk dis can't satisfy everyone.Gonga aso,fiji gabbage and even Doro bucci could also find a place in DAT list...BTW didd I see shoki @no 21...

Don't you know daddy shoki? He is the originator of shoki.

INDOMIE generation alert. gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
chudionu58:
I hope someone will answer me finally this question... there are two songs that am fond of for years but I don't know the singers : 1. "aye o africa hi, aye o africa.... How are you doing africa, aye o africa" The music goes with alot of sax and was used by AIT as their background music for the morning ICT program "CYBER AFRICA". 2. The second is a pure highlife song more like dancehall jam, it goes with a female chorus "Ooooh mama eh ! lai lai .titi lai lai"it also goes with lots of trumpet "parararam paaram" ......Hope someone would help my soul, Thanks

I know the first song you listed, but I need a moment to remember the name. The second song is

Jambos Express - Mother Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZRXcaO1wU

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Urine: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
The fact that I know most of the songs on this list makes me feel old. Why is Ras Kimono, Mandators, Baba Fryo, Onyeka's duet with KSA and Evi Edna Ogoli's Jealousy missing? I think Remedies too deserve a spot on this list. Nice to see Dizzy K Falola though, used to sing Baby kilode with my mum back in the days. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by RebelLeader15(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

If you like, songs that should and shouldn't be on the list
what of Awilo longoba song..

And X-Project song "Lorile odi gombe"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
chudionu58:

I hope naptu2 can help you out, reading you post brought those songs playing in my head, unfortunately i can't make the title, the article on the video out.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by M4gunners: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Op so you dey expect me to dey listing to Bobby Benson of 1950?I just dey joke o.but on serious note i have never had of that song (Taxi Driver )
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Urine: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
naptu2:

I know the first song you listed, but I need a moment to remember the name. The second song is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZRXcaO1wU

Nostalgia just gave me a dirty slap! Nice job!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Asa.. eye adaba

Lara George.. Ijoba orun

Mike Okri – Time Na Money

Paul Dairo – Moso rire o

Eedris Abdulkareem – Jagajaga

Ras Kimono – under pressure

Sunny Okosuns – African Soldiers

Iyanya – Kukere

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
chudionu58:

Your first song

Eddie Grant - Hello Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cVWefc1-lk

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by M4gunners: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
blackjack21:

You got it all, you are truly a garri generation. Congratulations.
Na only u waka come.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by naptu2: 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

I hope naptu2 can help you out, reading you post brought those songs playing in my head, unfortunately i can't make the title, the article on the video out.

I've posted videos of both songs.

and

Eddie Grant - Hello Africa
Re: Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
AriDsexy:

BUT

yes ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Year Old Warri Girl Dancing Shoki, She Does It Like A Pro / Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) / The Legend Of The Rainmaker – Majek Fashek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.