Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers (1086 Views)

7 Latest Fashions That Christian Ladies Should Stay Away From / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
The woman shall not
wear that which
pertaineth unto a man,
neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are
abomination unto the
LORD thy God.

Deuteronomy 22:5

Despite This Commandment.. ladies still wear Trousers.. I know many will blast me for this but I'm quite prepared.. Logical Arguments Are Accepted
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by mercielizzie(f): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
OYO lo wa
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
For your mind o

Trouser brings out the shape in you,plus you sit comfortably.

I love trousers,that is not goin to change,tho' pencil skirts rock also.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Gmajor(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
but who gets to define male n female clothing ?
Ppl who are sympathetic to the female trouser cause are of the opinion that the male n the female trouser are of different shapes n style n are there4 not the same. Thats y guys dont buy female trousers cos it will look weird on them
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Princecalm(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
Question: as at the time Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy, was there trousers then? I think that is a verse wrongly interpreted.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wear parashute skirt and u will attract ur kind op.

U can wear skirt and luk indecent but wear trouser and luk presentable.

Advice: wear clothes that befits u . Not parashute clothes like deeper lifers.

After dem go say husband scarce.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
Princecalm:
Question: as at the time Moses wrote the book of Deuteronomy, was there trousers then? I think that is a verse wrongly interpreted.
Ok sir, Laws are meant to be kept.. If that law is to be rendered as invalid in the 21st century, then the ten commandments ought to be rendered as invalid
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
matrixx9:
The woman shall not
wear that which
pertaineth unto a man,

neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are
abomination unto the
LORD thy God.
Despite This Commandment.. ladies still wear Trousers.. I know many will blast me for this but I'm quite prepared.. Logical Arguments Are Accepted

There are female as well as male trousers.

This instruction would be violated when a female puts on the trousers of a male; as opposed to the feminine, skinny jeans.

I'm sure you know the disparity.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
wristwatch:
Wear parashute skirt and u will attract ur kind op.

U can wear skirt and luk indecent but wear trouser and luk presentable.

Advice: wear clothes that befits u . Not parashute clothes like deeper lifers.

After dem go say husband scarce.
In essence, you are trying to say Trousers are more presentable than skirts.. I
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
MzNelly:

There are female as well as male trousers.

This instruction would be violated when a female puts on the trousers of a male; as opposed to the feminine, skinny jeans.

I'm sure you know the disparity.
I certainly understand the distinction between the two outfits.. There's No Trouser Restricted To Only Females.. Most Are Unisex.. As Described By the producers who certainly had know knowledge of this law
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Princecalm(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
matrixx9:
Ok sir, Laws are meant to be kept.. If that law is to be rendered as invalid in the 21st century, then the ten commandments ought to be rendered as invalid
we are talking of material things unlike the ten commandments that revolve round a person's life, keep them all and you are on your route to Heaven.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by sophy09: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tell that to people who live in -34C region.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
Princecalm:
we are talking of material things unlike the ten commandments that revolve round a person's life, keep them all and you are on your route to Heaven.
dressing also revolves around a persons life
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by matrixx9(m): 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
sophy09:
Tell that to people who live in -34C region.
they are lost souls .
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by nobilis: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
matrixx9:
The woman shall not
wear that which
pertaineth unto a man,
neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are
abomination unto the
LORD thy God.

Christians abiakwa ozo with their slow mentality.

OP, when you were rushing to open this thread, did you ask yourself some pertinent questions like:

1. During the time of Moses, when that verse you quoted was written, was there anything like trousers even for the men? Were men wearing trousers then?

2. That verse you quoted never said women shouldn't wear trousers. It said men shouldn't wear what is appropriate for women and women shouldn't wear what is appropriate for men. It was written in black and white. Where was trousers mentioned?

3. During the time of Moses, men and women were known to wear robes. But the robes for women were different from the robes for men. And still they could make that differentiation between manly robes and womanly robes.
Likewise in our world today, there are trousers for men and there are trousers for women. Why is it difficult for you guys to make that differentiation?

4. Even among the Jews to whom this law was given, some of their women wear trousers if they choose.

When will you guys stop twisting this bible of yours to suit your personal idiosyncrasies?

O dikwaara unu egwu oo.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Princecalm(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
matrixx9:
dressing also revolves around a persons life
then does the wearing of trousers determine whether a person will make Heaven?
Let me clearify you. The word "pertaineth" used in the King James version of Bible is translated from thd Hebrew word Kelly. Translators render kelly as a weapon,armor in the old testament. The word man used in the first and last part of Deut 22:5 is the Hebrew word geber meaning strong man,warrior.
In conclusion Moses was not talking about the general man but a special type of man.
Considering this the verse can be best interpreted as follows;
"the woman shall not put on the armor/weapon of a warrior, neither shall a warrior put on the garment of a woman". For even in the time of Moses both women and men put on robes and nothing evil was said about this and where has it been stated that trousers are only for men. History only holds it that men were the first to wear trousers.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by waldigit: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
matrixx9:
The woman shall not
wear that which
pertaineth unto a man,
neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are
abomination unto the
LORD thy God.

My wife just bought nokia ASA phone. On it there is app on history of dressing. I read about history of trouser and was shock to discover that trouser were originally women dress. It was men that adopted the trouser from women. Pls let's add knowledge to faith. Its now an info age. God Bless Us.
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by johnydon22(m): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2015
And was the law addressed to u?... u be jew?
Re: Ladies Should Not Wear Trousers by Ifeann(f): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2015
matrixx9:
The woman shall not
wear that which
pertaineth unto a man,
neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment:
for all that do so are
abomination unto the
LORD thy God.

You just quoted the bible clearly and yet failed to understand it.

The bible didn't say Ladies should NOT wear Trousers. It says what pertaineth unto a man. Vice versa for males.
Hence men shouldn't wear female trousers and females shouldn't wear male trousers. Can't u see this.

The scripture was talking about cross dressers, dragqueens; this is common with homosexuals or the sexually deviant people in society.

Having said this I must add that skirts and gowns are by far more appealing on a woman's body than trousers, but a woman has the right to chose to dress how she feels most appropriate for herself.

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: My Horn Shall Be Exalted / God Is Not In Search Of 'Christians' Anymore - Pastor David Okoye / If You've Watched "Game Of Thrones", Then You Could Relate To This. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.