Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Straw Poll: 93% Of Participants Prefer Osinbajo To Sambo Ahead Of 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Straw Poll: 93% Of Participants Prefer Osinbajo To Sambo Ahead Of 2015 Election (562 Views)

Cabal Wants Osinbajo To Resign - Princess Hadiza Ibrahim / Eze Madumere Wore NYSC Outfit To Welcome Osinbajo To Imo (Photos) / EFCC Investigates N6.7bn Transfer To Sambo Dasuki, Ita Ekpeyong After Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Straw Poll: 93% Of Participants Prefer Osinbajo To Sambo Ahead Of 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
In the results of an informal survey, 93% of responding Nigerians felt that former Lagos State Attorney General Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (APC) was a better candidate for Vice President of Nigeria than current Vice President, Namadi Sambo (PDP).

Though the position of Vice President is not one that carries a great deal of official responsibility, participants voted on a number of factors, among them ethnicity, region, educational attainment, and religion.

"Check the voting pattern here," a
participant said in response to the
polls preliminary results. "Most people from the southeast went for Sambo. People from southwest and north went for Osinbajo. That tells you how [Jonathan] has divided the nation and unfortunately it has worked against him. 2015 is going to follow this pattern."

Though the poll overwhelmingly
showed that this insight was accurate, some expressed a desire to change this trend.

"Despite coming from same local government area with Sambo I will vote for Osinbajo," another participant said. "Remember the power of incumbency will also play out here," another respondent reminded others.

Questioning the choice of vice
presidential candidate, some persons who supported Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) in the race said Osinbajo was not a strong enough candidate to pull needed votes. "I want Buhari to rule Nigeria again but with Osinbajo, the All Progressives Congress just opened the door for the Peoples Democratic Party to win," someone said.

"How can somebody called a pastor
join Nigeria politics?" another asked. Some further asserted that the survey was an unnecessary measure, because the Vice President was simply a figurehead with no concrete duties. "Why do we Nigerians like fooling ourselves?" a respondent asked.

"Haven't we realized that anything
'vice' or 'deputy' in this country is just a figure head post?" "Did the Vice President ever have a project or a say of their own, did they ever have any agenda? Is it not the tune of the president music they dance
to?" the respondent challenged.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/19/straw-poll-finds-93-participants-prefer-osinbajo-sambo-ahead-2015-presidential-race

Re: Straw Poll: 93% Of Participants Prefer Osinbajo To Sambo Ahead Of 2015 Election by oduastates: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nigerian are fundamentally foolish. I have learnt over the years to go against the tide or their flow. Whether it is electing the class captain or student union president. I have learnt that voting for the underdog or voting against the flow is the only way to avoid disappointment.
Look at the stupid reasons they are giving?
He is a pastor
He is not a politician
He should not be in politics
He is not a vote winner.

What about competence, administrative skill, knowing how government work and how it should work, having the right temperament, understanding the country.
How about just being a decent human being?

Sambo came to lagos last week. The moment he opened his mouth exposed him to ridicule.
Dumb folks everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Straw Poll: 93% Of Participants Prefer Osinbajo To Sambo Ahead Of 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
oduastates:
Nigerian are fundamentally foolish. I have learnt over the years to go against the tide or their flow. Whether it is electing the class captain or student union president. I have learnt that voting for the underdog or voting against the flow is the only way to avoid disappointment.
Look at the stupid reasons they are giving?
He is a pastor
He is not a politician
He should not be in politics
He is not a vote winner.

What about competence, administrative skill, knowing how government work and how it should work, having the right temperament, understanding the country.

Sambo came to lagos last week. The moment he opened his mouth exposed him to ridicule.
Dumb folks everywhere.

Politics of ethno-religious sentimemts will never lead us anywhere. GEJ and his followers are just polarizing this nation along those two lines. Too bad sha. Meanwhile its GMB all the way for me and my household.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To Jonathan's Sycophants--my opinion / Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec / Buhari's Strong Points.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.