Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

On National ID Card And Voter's Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On National ID Card And Voter's Card (541 Views)

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal / Dogara Receives His National ID Card Today / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On National ID Card And Voter's Card by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
Instead of having a National ID Card, and a different Voter's Card, why don't we rather make a National ID Card that will also serve as a Voter's Card? This will save us enormous resources, stress and time. The National ID Card which will link to a comprehensive Database can be updated, and renewed every 3 or 4 years. And if an individual changes residence, and wishes to Vote in his new Area of Residence, his Polling Centre can be changed within a specified period before National Elections. What do you guys think? #ideasrule #SupportBuhari/Osinbajo

2 Likes

Re: On National ID Card And Voter's Card by hahn(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
I said the same thing once. The National Identification Number(NIM) is supposed to serve in a similar capacity as the SSN thus I feel its enough to use in voting. I guess our leaders just need another reason to steal money as usual. I still haven't picked up my National ID card and the voter's card registration process in my area was a shame

1 Like

Re: On National ID Card And Voter's Card by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
I experienced something similar when I went to get a Voter's Card!! Imagine that people left their offices, shops, businesses, schools etc just to get a Voter's Card, and were even made to stand under the sun from morning till night in never ending queues. Yet, the INEC Officials were inadequate for the number of people that turned up, they were rude, uncoordinated, disrespectful and so on. We were virtually begging to get a Voter's card. The exercise ended abruptly under 3 days, leaving many people stranded without voter's card.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Army Rejects U.S. Claim About Chibok Girls / My Candid Opinion On 2015 Election / Jonathan’s Government Cannot Be Worse Than Obasanjo’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.