Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) (64640 Views)

 Shocking Facts You Don't Know About Yoruba's || Www.naijaram.com / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by funkiebully: 5:15am On Jan 12, 2015
They live in mud houses and rusted brown roof zinc houses as shown above by musiwa ade ade ade ade!
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by t2luv1: 5:21am On Jan 12, 2015
kilokeys:
#yinmu is their lifestyle..

the most faithful yoruba friends i have dont have yorubas as friends..

beautiful girls though.

Very judgmental people. They are the one that say Adegun and at the same time will say Adeogun.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Uchesis: 5:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Ezevajina:

6. They do not smuggle drugs
7. They love Yorubaland and majority of them stay in Yorubaland.
8. When they speak they do not make un necessary noise
9. They are not stuupid enough to believe their own lies. (e.g They don't call themselves jews)
10. You don't find them in every prison you visit in this world
11. They do not cause trouble then run to Abidjan
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Uchesis: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2015
Ezevajina:

6. They do not smuggle drugs
7. They love Yorubaland and majority of them stay in Yorubaland.
8. When they speak they do not make un necessary noise
9. They are not stuupid enough to believe their own lies. (e.g They don't call themselves jews)
10. You don't find them in every prison you visit in this world
11. They do not cause trouble then run to Abidjan
Hmmmmmm!

Trouble sleep, yanga go wake am

No let ibo boys enter dis thread with vex o.

Even a 5yr old knows which tribe u r referring to.

We r real hustlers and dats y we make more cheddah dan urs even in ur own so-called land.

Agbero.

1 Like

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Bjos: 5:44am On Jan 12, 2015
They can be nice,But they are too loud and tribalistic.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Uchesis: 5:50am On Jan 12, 2015
BokoHaramm:
We yorubas are very dirty and we are good in betrayals, if only we can change that and our mothers and sisters need to stop bleaching their skins like lepers
Bros u baaaaad. Lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Uchesis: 5:54am On Jan 12, 2015
dovelike:
Proud IGBO.
No wonder u luk lyk a CLEAN dove.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by ARKdiscloser7(m): 6:01am On Jan 12, 2015
I agree with number 2 : They cling to their culture of their men sleeping with their brothers/neighbours wives.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 12, 2015
Igbos should do Nigerians a favor and just secede already. We don't need your whining and complaining. Hahah in fact go back to Jerusalem since most of you lunatics believe that you are God's chosen people.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Funjosh(m): 6:08am On Jan 12, 2015
We Yoruba are Dirty abi.

70% of the Pastors in Nigeria are Dirty only ode like you people will still knee down for prayers from the so called Dirty people. :lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Uchesis: 6:09am On Jan 12, 2015
aim5:
Igbos should do Nigerians a favor and just secede already. We don't need your whining and complaining. Hahah in fact go back to Jerusalem since most of you lunatics believe that you are God's chosen people.
Ok we will leave
But
The GDP of nigeria will crash

I'm sure u know wat dat means. Lol
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by morsadh(m): 6:15am On Jan 12, 2015
Viktoh:
Proud YORUBA proud ISEYIN

Wa gbayi jare!
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by mufutau55(m): 6:24am On Jan 12, 2015
abbyyzino:
omo SAKI lemi, saki Ogun o roke rokin, agbede o ro bata. Saki omo ologun, ologun o kare, asabari o koja. boba di ojo ere, e ran mi sologun, bo dojo ija, e ran mi si asabari. Proudly Saki boy, oyo state

Welcome... Aganran Ile, Agaran oko, a gbe gbogbo wa oh! Saki ni ile Ogun.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Holuwathoby(m): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2015
we (yorubas) dont sell our daughters in marriage

3 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by hardbody: 6:32am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=DanceVille post=29526145][/quote]

6.. Their ladies have the biggest azzes
7. They love meat more than Amala
8. They will loan u money for parties but not for business investments
......more coming
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Horlufemi(m): 6:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Mekymuo:
1.Most cowardly people in the world.
2.They can't stand for anything
3.They are never straightforward.
4.They are dirty.
5. Their women are ugly and dirty. Still, they form a lot.
6.They are very lazy.
7.They have big ugly tribal marks.
8.They smell alot.
9.They party a lot.

The jealousy is strong with this one.

Your list is not a Yoruba thing, it's a character thing in most people I know from all over the world.

You need to be open minded to see short coming in every individual.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by GentleFrank(m): 6:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Lol
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by myouri(f): 6:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Kwara is @ d north-central zone..don't know if it could be called Yoruba land tho cuz there are lotta Hausas and Fulanis aswell.

Anyways..#Proudly Kwara Yoruba grin abbi #Proudly Northern Yoruba cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Ephemmm: 6:44am On Jan 12, 2015
Mekymuo:
1.Most cowardly people in the world.
2.They can't stand for anything
3.They are never straightforward.
4.They are dirty.
5. Their women are ugly and dirty. Still, they form a lot.
6.They are very lazy.
7.They have big ugly tribal marks.
8.They smell alot.
9.They party a lot.

All I see here is big head with fish brain.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by holatin(m): 6:47am On Jan 12, 2015
jkross:

Them show respect pass indians.....?
then you need to visit Indian in this century
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by laykhorn(m): 7:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Viktoh:
Proud YORUBA proud ISEYIN
Iseyin?? Omo ilu mi leleyiii. Iseyin oro... I no remember the remaining,LOL. How far nao?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by hotwax: 7:29am On Jan 12, 2015
elohorayodele:
Make I add my own?

Yorubas are very dirty sha.

Pple who do biz inside their rooms that don't have wc.
They cook and open the big pot to flies n germs at their Amala joints.
Always use water instead of tissue after biz even when they can't sanitize their hands! (Shake at your own risk).
Open air defecation in this region should be the highest in Nigeria. Eg agberos have been doing biz in the open air @ oshodi under bridge since I first passed that place almost a decade ago. Anytime u pass oshodi look at the railway track and u see them behind it squatting.

Igbos rap.e their mothers.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by hotwax: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2015
Uchesis:

Ok we will leave
But
The GDP of nigeria will crash

I'm sure u know wat dat means. Lol

Which GDP? The okirika shoes you are selling ? Idiat!!!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Aringon(m): 7:34am On Jan 12, 2015
Adeyinka12:
who told you yoruba girls are dirty,ok..when you listen to joke that has turn your brain upside down abi?that is one of the reason why i don't like igbos ,they just manipulate rubbish and want to make it real .oloshi jatijati

Oga ejoor take ur fight elsewhere, where did I mention yoruba girls as being dirty? Abi u nor dey see well shuoooo. I said yorubas too dey fear, if u don't understand what is chicken hearted
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Ezevajina: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2015
Uchesis:

Hmmmmmm!

Trouble sleep, yanga go wake am

No let ibo boys enter dis thread with vex o.

Even a 5yr old knows which tribe u r referring to.

We r real hustlers and dats y we make more cheddah dan urs even in ur own so-called land.

Agbero.
Yeah, its the northeners undecided
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by abbyyzino(m): 8:57am On Jan 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Welcome... Aganran Ile, Agaran oko, a gbe gbogbo wa oh! Saki ni ile Ogun.

Hajji M.
Thank you sir, which part of Saki are you from?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by cabsco(m): 9:00am On Jan 12, 2015
@OP Thank God you only mentioned their good side
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 12, 2015
Well intentioned article but full of errors. Your total reliance on wikipedia and CIA factBook will not tell the true story.
First, Yoruba population is not around 35 million.
Secondly, while it is a fact that "Even though a good number of Yoruba people practice Christianity" what about Islam adherents! Infact it is a old Yoruba proverb that AIYE LA BA IFA, AIYE LA BA IMOLE, OSAN GANGAN NI IGBAGBO WO ILE DE meaning, While Ifa and Islam are indigeneous christianity is foreign and is an emergent religion. Islam has been in Yoruba land even before the Hausas. Remember Mansa Kankan Musa pilgrimage to Mecca!
On selecton of Oba in Yorubaland, the fact is completely the opposite of your "facts". No Oba is ever selected by an Oba who is in power. That is the duty of the Kingmakers do that.. Infact when women are not legally permitted to vote in US and Europe, women are appointed as Iyalodes a veto power wielding member of the Kingmakers. Some town even appoint women as regents. At the time of absolute monarchy in the West, the Yoruba monarchical system is well advanced with the oyomesi as an independent institution holding the power to dethrone the Oba if there is widesperead discontentment with him.

On the uniqueness of Yorubas pls read on the history of Americas before Columbus

2 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by israeloke4(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2015
elohorayodele:
Make I add my own?

Yorubas are very dirty sha.

Pple who do biz inside their rooms that don't have wc.
They cook and open the big pot to flies n germs at their Amala joints.
Always use water instead of tissue after biz even when they can't sanitize their hands! (Shake at your own risk).
Open air defecation in this region should be the highest in Nigeria. Eg agberos have been doing biz in the open air @ oshodi under bridge since I first passed that place almost a decade ago. Anytime u pass oshodi look at the railway track and u see them behind it squatting.
u b mumu,she u knw?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Adeyinka12(m): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Aringon:

Oga ejoor take ur fight elsewhere, where did I mention yoruba girls as being dirty? Abi u nor dey see well shuoooo. I said yorubas too dey fear, if u don't understand what is chicken hearted
oo sorry,you are not the one i want to quote and nothing by fighting ok ,and by the way want did you mean by yoruba fear
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Bowaley17(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2015
#proudlyYoruba...I Rep Oyo State....
IamBOWALEY
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by zarkknight(m): 9:51am On Jan 12, 2015
#Proudly Osun #Proudly Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma / Wuraola And Ooni Ogunwusi Attend An Event Together (Photos) / Alaafin’s Wife Olori Kafayat Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.