Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! (13541 Views)

In Need Of DSLR Camera / Which DSLR Camera Should I Go For? Nikon Or Canon? Have A Budget Of About 150K / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Okay! i want to buy a camera that can give me awesome results like the canon 5D! which is very Expensive! and i can't afford it just yet! i want a camera with high dynamics! and able to capture crystal clear pictures! not more than N100k. any idea/suggestions will be appreciated thanks..
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by SmooshCHN: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
A Crop-Frame Camera like A Sony SLT A77, Nikon D5200, Nikon D7100 will do for that price. You can never get a Full-Frame Camera for less than 150K let alone a high end Canon 5D mk II or III.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
SmooshCHN:
A Crop-Frame Camera like A Sony SLT A77, Nikon D5200, Nikon D7100 will do for that price. You can never get a Full-Frame Camera for less than 150K let alone a high end Canon 5D mk II or III.
thanks man! i already plan on getting the D5200,can you recommend a store or anywhere i can get these cameras?
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by SmooshCHN: 6:39am On Feb 12, 2015
No.. I'm not based in Nigeria.. Don't have contacts too. Sorry.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
I agree with Smoosh. @ OP - for 'stills' go with Nikon, for 'video' go with Canon. I do assume when you said 'pictures' you mean stills as in photography'?
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by SmooshCHN: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
If you also consider taking Videos then I'd strongly advice Sony for their 4K (above 2400/1920 at 60Frames/s Video resolution capability and Canon for full HD 1920×1020.. The previously listed Sony A77 and A77 MK II cameras I mentioned can do that. And for Canon, Eos 7D, 7D MK II, EOS 70D and 60D also. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
SmooshCHN:
If you also consider taking Videos then I'd strongly advice Sony for their 4K (above 2400/1920 at 60Frames/s Video resolution capability and Canon for full HD 1920×1020.. The previously listed Sony A77 and A77 MK II cameras I mentioned can do that. And for Canon, Eos 7D, 7D MK II, EOS 70D and 60D also. Best of luck.
For his budget he probably should look for a Canon 70D (might have to add more money); sadly it doesn't have the flip-out screen of the 60D. The 7D is bad in hot weather - it overheats like mad... hopefully the MKII version doesn't. If only he had the budget for a Sony A7s - that's a see-in-the-dark camera wink

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by SmooshCHN: 3:50am On Feb 13, 2015
VillageBoi:

For his budget he probably should look for a Canon 70D (might have to add more money); sadly it doesn't have the flip-out screen of the 60D. The 7D is bad in hot weather - it overheats like mad... hopefully the MKII version doesn't. If only he had the budget for a Sony A7s - that's a see-in-the-dark camera wink
Full-Support.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 9:04am On Feb 13, 2015
yeah actually im using it for video shoots! I think.its better to add extra cash and get something, how much is the sony A7s
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2015
just researched it! the A7 is truly awesome! but its about $1500 to $2000 but it's worth it sha.I'll think about it.smiley
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2015
Peterwizzy:
just researched it! the A7 is truly awesome! but its about $1500 to $2000 but it's worth it sha.I'll think about it.smiley
Not the 'A7'... the 'A7s' two different cameras... it's £2000 here. (mentioned it with a 'wink' in my post above - good to have as an 'add-on/additional' low-light specialty camera.)

But seriously as there are a ton of Canon shooters in Nigeria find a 70D or even wait for the newly announced Canon 760D
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2015
VillageBoi:

Not the 'A7'... the 'A7s' two different cameras... it's £2000 here. (mentioned it with a 'wink' in my post above - good to have as an 'add-on/additional' low-light specialty camera.)

But seriously as there are a ton of Canon shooters in Nigeria find a 70D or even wait for the newly announced Canon 760D
I just read about the blackmagic cinema cam.it's awesome! i think its what am looking for,so let me start saving cuz its also expensive.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by SmooshCHN: 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
I'd rather have you go for the Lumix GH4.. You get internal full 4K recording. The Black Magic Design 4K give close 4K but considering the fact that it's a 2X crop frame camera like the Lumix GH4, the Lumix is a successful Video DSLR. It offers your 4K recording 4096 × 2160 /24fps like the Blackmagic but it's more flexible, affordable than the able Black Magic 4K. It sells for 6750¥ or #222,361Naira unlike the Blackmagic 3000$ like #600,000Naira.
Except you want people gazing and staring at your hands with Blackmagic, GH4 is value for money, good for Still photography and flexible with accessories to enjoy it with. You can also better for for the Sony A7S or Award-winning Canon 5D MK III popular among prominent filmmakers.

Manage money we'll Brother cos E be like sey Jonathan no go leave anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by spywareczar(m): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
@peterwizzy you can start with an entry level camera like NIKON D3100, its cheap and good, then with time you'll upgrade... it cost about 70k
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
Peterwizzy:
I just read about the blackmagic cinema cam.it's awesome! i think its what am looking for,so let me start saving cuz its also expensive.
They just might announce 'version 2' of their popular cameras at NAB... I'm hoping because I want a 2nd BlackMagic pref with frame-rates up to 50/60.

spywareczar:
@peterwizzy you can start with an entry level camera like NIKON D3100, its cheap and good, then with time you'll upgrade... it cost about 70k
Very true @ Spywareczar.

OP starting with an entry level DSLR won't do any harm, you'll be able to learn much sooner and start doing some gigs. Remember the camera is only a small part of the 'kit' you'll need... the add-ons to make things work add up to a chunk of money as well.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
VillageBoi:

They just might announce 'version 2' of their popular cameras at NAB... I'm hoping because I want a 2nd BlackMagic pref with frame-rates up to 50/60.

Very true @ Spywareczar.

OP starting with an entry level DSLR won't do any harm, you'll be able to learn much sooner and start doing some gigs. Remember the camera is only a small part of the 'kit' you'll need... the add-ons to make things work add up to a chunk of money as well.
yeah but i want high quality pictures like you see on modern music videos! so i need something with HQ quality im already a decent editor smiley. thanks for your input tho.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2015
Peterwizzy:
yeah but i want high quality pictures like you see on modern music videos! so i need something with HQ quality im already a decent editor smiley. thanks for your input tho.
Trust me on this... it is not the cameras that are a problem... even a simple 720p HD camera will give, as you say, "HQ images" (720 is HD)... it's the people 'behind' the camera and the teams that make things work.

If I remember correctly EVERY single shot in this showreel is a 60D or 7D and even a 450D that doesn't even shoot video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjgCc3BRbg
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 11:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
VillageBoi:

Trust me on this... it is not the cameras that are a problem... even a simple 720p HD camera will give, as you say, "HQ images" (720 is HD)... it's the people 'behind' the camera and the teams that make things work.

If I remember correctly EVERY single shot in this showreel is a 60D or 7D and even a 450D that doesn't even shoot video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjgCc3BRbg
i like the part where that guy popped the champagne! is that ur showreel?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 12:35am On Feb 14, 2015
Peterwizzy:
i like the part where that guy popped the champagne! is that ur showreel?
Yes it is my showreel.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 9:32am On Feb 14, 2015
VillageBoi:

Yes it is my showreel.
that's cool.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2015
Peterwizzy:
that's cool.
Thanks.

So really, don't worry too much. Grab an affordable entry level NOW and start producing good work wink
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2015
VillageBoi:

Thanks.

So really, don't worry too much. Grab an affordable entry level NOW and start producing good work wink
yeah where do they sell these cameras in Nigeria ??
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
Peterwizzy:
Not there at the moment so I'm not sure. I think I heard of a 'camera village'... but check and ask around in some threads. Are you in Lagos?
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
VillageBoi:

Not there at the moment so I'm not sure. I think I heard of a 'camera village'... but check and ask around in some threads. Are you in Lagos?
yeah i am! im sure i can find them in computer village.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by prof800(m): 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Peterwizzy:
In Lagos;
You can get them at any major market. From Agege dopemu to Alaba to Lawanson Chitta to ikorodu to computer village. Or shop online from anywhere in Nigeria.

But the camera headquarters in Nigeria is at Lagos Island (Isale Agbede street/Aroloya street) where you can get almost anything including accessories at the cheapest possible price.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by folafola(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
Get canon 60D like I do and get stunning images and video check http://showusourpics..com to see some of my jobs

Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
prof800:

In Lagos;
You can get them at any major market. From Agege dopemu to Alaba to Lawanson Chitta to ikorodu to computer village. Or shop online from anywhere in Nigeria.

But the camera headquarters in Nigeria is at Lagos Island (Isale Agbede street/Aroloya street) where you can get almost anything including accessories at the cheapest possible price.

Thank you very much Oga Prof. Ah so it's called 'computer village'... cool, I couldn't remember the name.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
folafola:
Get canon 60D like I do and get stunning images and video check http://showusourpics..com to see some of my jobs
True that. As soon as I bought my 60D... it relegated my 7D to B-cam duties lol. Just having a flip-out screen is soooooo useful.

@Fola, how much was yours with the stock lens? At least it gives the OP a monetary idea? Thanks.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by Peterwizzy: 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
prof800:

In Lagos;

thanks man! I'm heading to the headquarter.smiley
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by folafola(m): 6:03am On Feb 15, 2015
VillageBoi:

True that. As soon as I bought my 60D... it relegated my 7D to B-cam duties lol. Just having a flip-out screen is soooooo useful.

@Fola, how much was yours with the stock lens? At least it gives the OP a monetary idea? Thanks.
200k and you could get it online from eBay Amazon Julia konga and any emarket website
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by VillageBoi(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2015
folafola:

200k and you could get it online from eBay Amazon Julia konga and any emarket website
Thanks for the info.
Re: I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy! by folafola(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
VillageBoi:

Thanks for the info.
Welcome[b][/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 3d Tools For Easy Workflow / Buy Laptops, Desktops And IT Accessories In Nsukka / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.