Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

My Life Our Lives - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life Our Lives (2255 Views)

Life,Our Blind Date. / The Secret Lives Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual And Transgender Nigerians Revealed! / If Our 2015 Lives Are Nominated For An Award, Will Yours Win? Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hello everyone,

This is my first story on Nairaland, so I am going to need your encouragement all through. Constructive criticism is highly welcomed.
At first I do not know what title to give this story, but then my sister suggested this title.

Thank you.

Email: hadebayoso@gmail.com
www.samneerspeaks..com
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
*****Samneer*****

"May be I should just end it, may be I should just put an end to it all." I stood up briskly from my carpet floored room, I have been lying down here for more than six hours, ruminating how my life has become so bleeped up. Having lost my job six months ago, it has been from frying pan to the fire.

My schedule today is same as that of yesterday. All I do is wake up, eat and sleep back. And now I have nothing to eat, the last ounce of rice was cooked yesternight. I have tried all I could to get a job. I have written several job application both online aptitude. I'm really so bleeped up! poo! A first class graduate for that matter.
Wait! Is there anything wrong with me? Oh no! I don't think so.

I sit up to my reading table to pick up my spectacle, I put on my spectacle and I pick up my diary. I sit back and check through my schedule. "Oh My God! I have an appointment with Funmi" Funmi is my girlfriend, the only woman that understands me and ready to stay by my side despite my joblessness.
Funmi is a beautiful young lady of 25 years old. She's fair in complexion, a round face, a kind of seductive eyes with succulent lips. Funmi also a first class graduate of Microbiology from same institution as mine. She got a job immediately after her service through the influences of her rich parents, makes me still wonder why she's still with me.

My schedule with her was to meet her at a restaurant, few blocks away from my house by 1300hr, but she later insisted that we meet at a Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood. I know quite well that she'll would foot the bill, but I always insist I pay though I know she will never succumb to my insistence.

"Crap, this is already 12:35hr" I said as I run into the bathroom.
Five minutes later I come out of the bathroom. I run my hands through my neatly hanged clothes. I put on my black tee shirt bought for me by my younger sister from my last birthday. My phone buzzes from the reading table, I picked it up to see Funmi's number on my HTC 1 phone. I press the end key and I run out of the door.
On my way out I met Tinu my neighbor who leaves in the second flat. She smiled and approach me ready to have a talk. I already murmuring underneath "not today". Tinu is known for her busybody and inquisitiveness, she can ask questions and makes you spit out your deepest secret. Since the day she saw me driving Funmi's car, and Funmi resting on my chest in the car, she has increased the intensity of inquisitiveness. I passed her, only for her to call me back.

"Loverboy, where are you running to?" Tinu questioned with a surprise look with a jaw dropping face. I look back and smile.
"I need to catch up with someone" I said with my hand spread.
"Ooh! The beautiful fair lady I guess" she asked.
I walked away and opened the gate.

Tinu and I are the only one living in the house. Tinu works in a bank. She's a beautiful and dark in complexion with oval shaped face and pouted lips with a killer curves, she looks geeky but sexy when in office dress. Tinu is a lone ranger, as I have never seen a man with her. She spends most of her leisure times with me watching movies and arguing about only what seem of interest to her. I have for once, mistakenly I would say, kissed her after her fiancee broke up with her and with the look on her face afterwards that day, I know she's longing for more of it. Though I love Tinu and she knows it, but I'm not the type that breaks a girl's heart. I only let go when the other party says no more.

Well, a brief introduction of my self. My name is Samneer not Sameer (actually questioned my parent why in the whole wide world I was named Samneer, dad told its the name of his Indian best friend) the fifth child of Mr. and Mrs Okeowo. I'm 24 years old, probably you're wondering how I could date a girl other than myself. Well, don't you worry, you never can tell what will happen when love takes over plus poo happens. I'm a graduate of Electronics and Electrical engineering from the best university in Africa (left to you to figure that out *winks). People consider me as an introvert and I agree with them. For now I don't drink and I don't smoke. Weirdest thing about me is have never had sex. Ok, enough with the introduction.

I find myself in front of the Chinese restaurant and I walk in sluggishly. The security man held the Temperature gun beside my neck to check for my room temperature, for since the Ebola outbreak from the Liberia man that came into the country, all sections of the community are highly vigilant of whoever comes into the restaurant. The man passed me in. Funmi waved at me from South side of the restaurant.

I moved towards her and greeted her
"Afternoon love, sorry for keeping you waiting" I said seating form in front of her.
She looked up at me and I notice a change in her mood, she looks worried and scared. She tried to smile, but she couldn't. Just then I noticed something on her index finger. What could this be, am I sure of what I'm seeing. Oh wait! Am I dreaming? Is this real? I looked at her face terrified, to be sure if its my Funmi I'm seeing. Oh no! This can't be, tell me this isn't happening. She opened her mouth to speak.
"Sam.. em em em"

****** to be continued *********
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
***Funmi***

I really do love Samneer, I mean with the whole of my heart. We met on the campus, in one of these Pentecostal fellowships. I am 25 and I am a year older than Sam. Most times I wonder why I fell in love with such a guy, a guy who has no plan of marriage, someone who says marriage is bondage. He believes that once you are married you will be in the bond forever. I really do care about him. I can still remember vividly during the sent forth party on the campus, people had congratulated us, and they kept on saying, they are expecting our wedding invitation. Almost everyone in the campus fellowships knows about our relationship. We were just like 5 and 6. We are, oh! I mean we were inseparable.

Life could be funny at times. After resisting pressures from my mother. As she’s been pestering about marriage, as if it is eternity she’s talking about. The recent events in the past two days changed everything about me, my feelings and affection for Sam. I can’t even imagine myself telling Sam, that I’m breaking up with him, especially now that he’s passing through such turbulent times. Mum had came into my room the previous day, and what happened that night kept on replaying itself like a motion picture. That faithful night, Mum came into my room, few hours after I came back from work (oh! Never told you I have a job? Don’t worry that’s a story for another day).
“Funmi, I need to speak with you” mum said trying to sound concerned. I lifted my gaze to hers, trying to look tired. I know exactly where she’s heading the discussion too.
“Mum, I am so tired right now, I need to shower and prepare for work tomorrow, I have some work I need to close and…” she cuts in.
“stop this talks girl, stop being sarcastic! I am your mother, and I want to speak with you, snap out of it!

Now, I know this is not going to end well, as this is going to lead to a kind of heated argument. Mum can be domineering at times, even on dad. She’s good at commanding everyone around, she loves bossing all around the house, and dad kind of like that too
“Mum, you know how rigorous my work could be at times, I have been so stressed out and…..” she cuts in again
“That’s none of my business girl, this is about your life and you know how much I am concerned about you” Now, I know what she is about to say, and what are next move is going to be. She sit down, dropping her hands on my lap.
“Funmi, I love you so much” (she sighed) I want you to get married soon” I raised my hands in an attempt to talk.
“Mum, you have always thought me (I stammered and then continue, stressing the you) y-o-o-uuu have always thought me to pray before taking any steps” I said dropping my hand on the bed, fainting dejection.
“Funmi, don’t you give me that God’s plan speech, how many times do I want to tell you, that you need to be up and doing, look here young woman” (she said touching my jaw) “you are no longer getting younger, I got married to your father after I finished my Masters degree at 23” (I thought in my mind, “here we go again”)
“Mum you know quite well, that I have a fiancée” I said trying to calm myself
“Point of correction my lady, a boyfriend. He is not even ready for marriage yet. Funmi, why don’t you wake up and smell the coffee”
“But I love Sam, and I know things are just going to work out well for us” I said trying to smile.
“Your father and I want to meet with you after dinner” she said standing up with arms akimbo.

This whole marriage thing, I never want dad to be involved, but now I have got not option. Mum had drag dad into the whole picture. I was finally happy that mum was leaving my room.
It was 19:00hr; I picked up my laptop and tried working on the worksheet, which needs to be e-mailed the following day. I could not concentrate, and so all I could do was staring at the monitor blindly. Seriously, I am getting tired of this house. I wish I could just move in with Sam. I know it sounds crazy, and yes, I mean it. I love him that much. But, you know the case of being a holy and consecrated Christian does not give room for that, so I erased it off my mind.
At 19:30, I was still staring at my laptop doing nothing in particular, playing with the mouse and shuffling through different folders. By this time, I was getting eager to know what my parents want to tell me.

At 20:00, our maid, Lana (the name sounds funny to me though) came into my room and told dad and mum were waiting for me in the living room.
I closed my computer and went straight out of the door. I entered into the sitting room and saw the hind head of my dad. I saw grey hairs, makes me pitied, getting old is part of what I dreaded the most.
I sat opposite them. Dad dropped the news paper he was reading. Wait let me introduce my dad--

His name is Engineer Dimeji or should I say Pastor Dimeji; although he loves it with Pastor. My dad is a pastor cum engineer (the part of being an engineer makes him like Sam) He is 62 years old. Yes, you are probably thinking he is too old to have someone like me as his first child? Oh! Dad married late, very late. Makes me wonder at times how he met my father Dad owns a consulting firm which comes with offers of connection to people in government and private firms. He doesn’t love ordering people around, so he loves it when you follow your heart; but this time, with the look of things he is going to he is giving a command.
Dad dropped the newspaper he was reading and cleared his throat, this jeered me back from my thought. He is always all smiles, but this time he looks rather tired. It dawned on me that Dad his getting really old.

“Funmi, we actually called you here to have a talk with you” he said transferring the newspaper to my mum, who in turn dropped it on the nearest stool.
“Funmi, we want you to get married soon, I mean very very soon” he stressed more on soon.
I am really fuming this time, but I had to put on smile, to conceal my anger.
He continued. “and you are getting married to Wilson” by this time, my mum is all smiles. I made to talk, but mum stopped me with the wave of her hand.
“Wilson will be here tomorrow morning” Now Wilson is a handsome young man, the third child and only son of my dad’s friend Pastor Irazulike. He is my dad childhood’s friend and so, they are inseparable. I actually had a crush on Wilson, and that was before I met Sam. So don’t you, think otherwise?
“Wilson just came back from the States, where he was trained as medical doctor” dad added with a proud smile.
“Dad, are you arranging a marriage for me, or something?” I said sighing.
“We know you too will be good together” dad said
“Yes! You both are compatible” mum added

By this time I was getting really angry. It is not the whole of this Wilson thing that makes me angry but, the fact that I would be getting married soon. The truth is, I am also scared of getting married. I am really scared of being choked up in a holy matrimony, a union where I have to look after my so called husband and have kids. I so love my body, that I have even made up my mind that I am not going to have kids until, I am five years into the marriage. There is no doubt I have a great body. You really need to see me.

“Mum, dad, but I don’t love Wilson” I paused, and they both looked at each other. I continued “it was eight years ago I last saw him, plus the fact that Wilson is just my friend, and remember dad (now looking at my dad) Samneer is still in the picture”
Mum jeered up and made to stand up, but dad stopped her.
“My princess, I love you, I mean we do love you, you are our only child. We want the best for you” dad said removing his eye glasses.
“And for now, Wilson is still the best for you” mum added.
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
It seems no one is following
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 1:52am On Jan 11, 2015
**Wilson**

I arrived at Muritala Mohammed Airport at exactly 22:00 on 25th November 2014. My dad already arranged for a pickup driver to come pick me up. I was finally happy that I'm back to my base, not knowing what awaits me.
The driver was all smiles, as I decided to sit beside him. All through the journey my eyes was all darting all around, looking at the changes in everything. The street lights was all beaming and I could feel the cold night breeze on my naked face. Nigeria actually looks different like we used to read and see on the internet back in the states, those foreign could really paint one blue black.

The road to Ibadan was very free and smooth, the present government is really trying I thought. We got to Ibadan Toll Gate at 22:20 Nigeria time. Don't mind me am still not use to Nigeria time. We got to my father's house at Bodija Estate Ibadan. Everyone was all waiting for me at the entrance.

Mum, she could behave awkward at times. She ran towards the car and threw herself on me. She looks aged and my father was waiting at the door with arms open wide. I really missed home.
"I'm back home everyone!" I shouted. My younger sister Chizoba, immediately ran towards me. She's now bigger and looking womanly. She's quite different from the little teenage girl I used to know. I know quite well that by now at 20 she would be dating.

Almost everyone, including our bull dog, jasper gave me a warm welcome.
After dinner, both my parent said they would like to see me early the following morning before dad leaves for the hospital. I was actually thinking that they wanted me to tell them where I would like to work and probably tell them about my stay in the States. Unknowingly to me, they were both planning my ambush. I've already made up my mind to date as many ladies as I wanted and sleep with almost all of them. And seriously marriage is not the next thing on my mind. All I've got on my mind is *work* making money and *sex*. You would probably be wondering why I so much want to have sex. Yes! I'm filled to the brim. It's not an easy thing to be a celibate for 5 years. Oh! I have been a celibate for 5 years on account of keeping my body for my Egyptian girl friend, only to find her being bleeped by my closest friend. That never actually bothered me, I was still willing to accept her back if she could recant and denounce it. But, alas! She called me all sort of names including *impotent*. That really made me go really crazy, really crazy. So, I've come to a decision to have a go with any kind of girl (black, white, blue or whatever colour) that comes my way and while pretending to love them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad guy, I'm just on a revenge mission.

The following morning dad and mum at breakfast told me the words I detest to hear. It dropped like a time bomb.
"We want you to get married, soon, very soon"
That was all I heard from them, the rest to me was just blabber.

That's it! Getting married. Just like that. My heart stopped functioning. Oh yes! i was dead for two seconds. By the way, where has all the God's will and praying before marriage my parent have always preached in the church, in marriage seminars and the rest gone to. Now to me, they seem like hypocrites.

As if that was not enough, they told me its Funmi, the girl I've for many times in high school hated, because in my mind she was always stalking me all around; who knows probably she had a crush on me.

Now, I know I had travelled all the way down from the States to get punished severely by my so called godly parent. Wait, am I letting it sound like I'm running my mouth?

While sitting on my bed on the third day of my arrival to Nigeria. It was early in the morning and I decided not to go for the morning devotion, as to me now my parents are hypocrites to the God they worship. Don't ask me, I stopped believing in God a kind time ago, but my parents are unaware. Honestly I prefer to be a traditional worshipper to believing in all this sort of imported ideologies. I stopped going to church about a month into my arriving the States. Let's leave that for now, I don't like going too personal.
An idea dropped in my mind. Yes! I know exactly just what to do. I know what to do to get away from this crazy idea from my parent.

***to be continued***
Re: My Life Our Lives by Fatalveli(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2015
#following#
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2015
Fatalveli:
#following#

I'm honoured sire
Re: My Life Our Lives by harjibolar10(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2015
following like twitter
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
harjibolar10:
following like twitter

Thanks for that... update drops by afternoon
Re: My Life Our Lives by africanchoice(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ama on d following mission, following u lyk bumper to bumper...pls update soon... cus africanchoice has taken d front sit.@carry go,ntin do u.
Re: My Life Our Lives by YINKS89(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
With ma popcorn nd pepsi decide 2 pitch ma tent hre at d front role beside fatalveil.
Re: My Life Our Lives by obumsway(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
mehn, am following you bumber to bumber .... Ibeg dnt delay and keep us waiting till d story finishes !!
Re: My Life Our Lives by ODUMAIYE(f): 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
nice one. waiting for more update
Re: My Life Our Lives by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
9ice one bro;*following *
Re: My Life Our Lives by Ali1king: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
AFTER SIPPING MY ALOMO WITH AGEGE BREAD I WAS WAITING FOR AN UPDATE TO MY SURPRISE NO UPDATE
*CRYING*
*STOPS CRYING*
*SIPS ALOMO WITH BREAD AN WAITING FOR UPDATE*
Re: My Life Our Lives by Ali1king: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
AFTER SIPPING MY ALOMO WITH AGEGE BREAD I WAS WAITING FOR AN UPDATE TO MY SURPRISE NO UPDATE
*CRYING*
*STOPS CRYING*
*SIPS ALOMO WITH BREAD AND WAITING FOR UPDATE*
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
****DImeji****

I don’t know what to call this. On my wife’s insistence I have pushed myself to be used by my domineering wife. Though, I do not know how to confront her and tell her what we just did to my only child could cause her a physiological problem. I know that Funmi would be crying by now. But, what could I do, my wife is everything. On the basis of I don’t want her to push up a quarrel I agreed to her bidding. Now my daughter is heartbroken.

I know she loves that guy, Samneer. I like that guy too. Who knows if Wilson hasn’t changed from the good boy he used to be eight years ago? Funmi is not even too old to figure things out by herself, and she should rather wait for God’s will in her marriage. Who do that these days anyway? Now that everything has been settled between the two families, there is no going back. I know the die has been cast, the decision has been made.

There is nothing I can do again. All I have to do now is pray that the two (Wilson and Funmi) have a blessed marriage. We unknowingly to Funmi have arranged to have an introduction in two weeks. I know both will cope, as time go on. I never get to hug or a simple handshake talks less of seeing the unclothedness of my wife but until the wedding night, thanks to my church doctrine.
I think I will have to talk to my friend to shift the introduction; the kids need to get to know each other more. Oh! My wife! She is really a pain the neck. I hope she doesn’t lash me with her sharp tongue. Don’t you think I am afraid of my wife; I am just being considerate and respectful, after all the scriptures command it.

*****Funmi*****

I noticed the uneasiness in dad’s behavior this morning, when he told me Wilson would be coming that evening. Dad is the kind of person that does not like trouble; he would rather do the bidding of his wife who is my mum, than exchanging words with her. I have only for once seen both dad and mum exchange words, and that was 15 years ago, only God knows what they quarreled about. Dad later begged her that night and she succumbed.

It is 14:00hr, two hours before the arrival of my soon to be husband. Then I realized have no makeup on. I am the boring girl that I used to be; the girl that Sam loves, he loves me that way. I have not been able to call Sam since we agreed on phone to meet at the Chinese restaurant the following day. I can’t even call him. His tiny man-like voice is enough to melt me down. How am I supposed to face Sam, and tell him of the intention of my parent to marry me off to Wilson? This is not going to happen. I need to do something about this.
I need to speak to Sam. I need to tell him. I pick up my phone. No, am I going to call him on phone, and tell him about this? What’s would be his reaction? Oh! I know he is probably going to cry and cry again. But wait, am I even reasoning? Sam has no plan of marriage; I think I should reason along with Mum. No, I am not going to do that. So what? I love Sam, and I am going to wait for him, yes, I will wait. I can’t even imagine my life without Sam.

Whenever, I need to scheme things up, and become evil-like, all I do is pace around my room up and down – like the way I walked around my room to come up with a mind blowing lie to convince my manager at work to give me a week off; just to have some time with Sam. The same Sam am letting go because of my parent insistence. I walked up and down my room and continue panting thinking of what to do.
I need to do something about this, I need to scheme up a plan. Just then I remembered plan 111, my married friend at work told me about. Oh! Yes; I yelled as if I won a lottery. Yes Sam, I am doing this for us. I am not letting you slip away.

****to be continued****
Re: My Life Our Lives by Chimdim: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
ride on my dear
Re: My Life Our Lives by YINKS89(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
U hav ma backing........ Juz continue.
Re: My Life Our Lives by Ali1king: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
SIPS PEPSI WITH 9 GALA AFTER UPDATE WHILE WAITING FOR ANOTHER UPDATE
Re: My Life Our Lives by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Nice story.....keep it flowing. Following u lyk twitter.
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
***Wilson****

I know this won’t be easy. I know the stunt I am about pulling won’t be easy. I know I do things like a genius at times. Hell yeah! I am a genius too. You think I am wrong? Let’s wait and see. If I am a genius or not, it’s left for you to decide after this great task before me. I am going to meet that fat girl this evening. I know she would be happy to see me again, plus I am a handsome dude. I am handsome, though not as you think, but handsome to make an old woman run after me.

Smiling is an understatement right now, I am laughing at one awkward event that happened, when I went on vacation with my white friend to Las Vegas. You know Las Vegas is really a crazy place to be, if you really want to get some grooves on, it’s a right place for it. On this faithful day, all my friends including my most ugly friends already had their own fair share of tiny ladies. You know all those sort of ladies that looks like model; with flat tummy, blue and seductive eyes; killer curves that gives a man a kind of surge that runs down the spine. I was there on a mellow, no one to talk to, I attracted no one, all, was obviously having fun.

When this ugly woman, with a big round face, protruding belly, and an unattractive smile beaming from the corner of her cheeks. I was slightly drunk. She came over to my side, and she told the bar man to give me another drink. She started teasing me. She had teased me for an hour nonstop. When she asked me to follow her down to her. it was as if she has charmed me. I followed her closely, probably because I was a little too drunk. She asked me to enter her car and I did. What happened inside the car was one of my unforgettable craziest moments.

The fat lady was all over me. Just a touch of hands paralyzed her (I don’t know how this happened, so don’t ask me). This time, I was breathless and she wouldn’t let me move. I yanked her off and ran out of the car. My friends were already waiting for me, I ran shouting, I looked back and saw the fat woman after me. You know what she was saying; she was saying “hey boy, come quench the fire you started”. I was wondering, fire I was unable to start for my Egyptian girlfriend. Yes I know that’s not funny, I am just trying to console myself.
Wait, am I driving without a license on a Nigerian road? I have heard several stories of how Nigerian police do make a living from Nigerians. Well, I still have some Nigerian naira left from the money dad gave me this morning. OMG! Is that a traffic light? In Nigeria? Ibadan to be precise? I never had a chance to see a traffic light in Ibadan eight years ago. Imagine, no CCTV camera, I just went past a red light. In some minutes, if my car GPS (not my car, dad’s) is right. I should be in Funmi’s resident.

****Funmi****

They say no man is stronger than fate. But I am going to break that rule. I am not going to accept this as my fate. I am not going to let them ruin my life for me. I can’t spend the rest of my life with someone I do not love. I have known Sam for five years; I am still ready to wait for him no matter the circumstance, not even which used to be handsome boy, I mean Wilson could change my mind. I am ready for whatever comes. I am going to give it whatever it takes.

Should I dress up for his coming? Do I have to? He’s not even Jesus. I think I should just put on some make up, at least to show him I am not as ugly as he thought I was. I can still remember vividly how I had eavesdropped him talking to his friend (that was 10 years ago) that I was stalking him all around, and that then I was a fatling (I am still fat though).

My plan for Wilson since yesterday was to put on ring, and to show off to him that I am engaged to someone else. I would also make him believe that he has no chance with me, and that I am already planning a wedding with the guy involved. I know this sounds crazy, but I have no other option. I know very well that this would cause a bridge between the two families, but who cares. It is their intention to marry me off, and I won’t give a room for that. It is my life and I run it.

I need to shower and look glowing to our new coming guest; Wilson. Its high time I let Moma knew she doesn’t decide for me anymore. Same way she had decided the course I would study. This is so not going to be. I am letting love takes it place, not an arranged marriage.
I don’t even know what Mum wants from this whole arrangement. I know something is fishy, I need to find out, and the only way to do this; is to step over the line, to transgress against my mOma’s wish. Hahahaha! Am I laughing? Oh yes! I am. This is really gonna be fun.

*****to be continued*****
Re: My Life Our Lives by harjibolar10(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
Keep'em coming
Re: My Life Our Lives by Costlybabe: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hmmm!!this gonna be an interesting read ooo,carry on ooo
Re: My Life Our Lives by Marynneka(f): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
Bravo my dear, nice story, pls keep it up. Waiting for update o
Re: My Life Our Lives by kingphilip(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wilson just came back from India and the states and Las Vegas is been mentioned all over the place?
op please put me through seems I'm lost
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
kingphilip:
Wilson just came back from India and the states and Las Vegas is been mentioned all over the place?
op please put me through seems I'm lost

Thanks Oga, it was a typo.
corrected!
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
I'm so sorry guys, I've been busy + I left my hard drive at home.

An update drops tomorrow morning
Thanks for following
Re: My Life Our Lives by Marynneka(f): 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
Samneer:
I'm so sorry guys, I've been busy + I left my hard drive at home.

An update drops tomorrow morning
Thanks for following
okay o! Waiting for you
Re: My Life Our Lives by Calmdove(f): 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Following... Nice story
Re: My Life Our Lives by Samneer: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
***Wilson***

As I drove into the big gate of Funmi's residence; I noticed that quite a lot has changed since my last visit 9 years ago. It was a Saturday morning, and my dad had sent to Funmi's dad to deliver of the church's financial file (email was not popular by then). Funmi was still in bed when I delivered the file to her dad. On that fateful day, Funmi was asked to go lock the gate as there guards wasn't around; all I was staring at was her big butt (sorry no offence, not my intention to defile your ears)

Damn! That girl was fat. I pray she's fit by now. But like seriously she's not the kind of girl that cares about her weight. Who cares anyway? I'm on a revenge mission to take down some ladies, and Funmi is gonna be my first on the list. I'm going to make it look real to her. I'm going to make sure she falls for me.

I parked my car. No! My daddy's car. The guard was looking at me, as if he was seeing a ghost. I recognized the man at a glance. He was here 9 years ago and he's still here. Not my problem. I greeted him and went in, without looking at him. I stroked the collar of my shirt and adjusted my posture. I walked gallantly in.

I met Funmi's Dad on the 3 seated chairs. The living room looks very different. The floor is tiled the walls are painted white. The room looks as if it’s bigger than its size. The room is spacious enough to contain 200 people at a go. I prostrated for him. Though I am from the eastern part of the country, I was born in the south west, coupled with the fact that my Mum's Yoruba; so, that explains it all. Next, I saw Funmi's mum coming out of kitchen. She looks younger, makes me wonder how a aged man like Funmi's dad managed to marry someone that young. She was all laughs. I greeted her too.

They called the maid, by the name Lana, she rushed into the room. Wow! Damn it! She's beautiful and she's got real asset. I was looking at her lustfully when I caught the gaze of Funmi’s Mum. I shifted my attention away from her. Funmi came in; I bet it she was looking gorgeous and sexy. She was all fresh; she looks like a water goddess; Nigerian water goddess I mean, not the kind of goddess you see in Bollywood movies. Just that she has added more weight. But she looks smart and ready-made. She was putting on a pink gown; she was having on a slight make-up. She had no earrings on; yes, I forgot to add that our parents are these sets of Christians that do not use jewelries. They do not believe in the outward adorning of their body. I don’t believe in all those junks anyway, I am the social type. I am free with everyone, and I don’t bleeping care about what my parent think of me.

I said hi to her and she replied back with a smile face. She was smiling and at the same time looks nervous. She is indeed pretty with her beautiful set of teeth. She has a pouted red lips; makes me wonder what the texture of her lips and the tingling sensation of her lips would feel like. I really I could hold her that time and kiss the hell out of her. But no, I can’t do that, her godly parents are around.

I put on my best friendly smile. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. Wow! Look at those set of white teeth. I was amazed. I immediately put on a straight face. Funmi’s parents were both looking at us. I was staring at her for close to 1 minute. When Funmi’s dad asked me to seat down. I sat down, seriously she is beautiful and tenderly. I thought in my mind- I am going to pull you down girl, don’t you worry.

I informed her them we are going out together. Funmi’s Mum looks quite happy with the idea. Before I could speak again, Funmi’s Mum said it is alright and she gave an affirmative smile. Funmi’s dad looked blank, I couldn’t read his mind. I bade them farewell, while I ushered Funmi out of the house. I tried to play the lover boy role, as I opened the car door for her. I ignited the car and drove out of the compound.

***Funmi***

Wilson was staring at me, and I could see the lust in his. The intense look and the stylish licking of his lips. This guy must have really turned into a bad boy. Or has he forgotten that he is a Christian, his father a pastor and his mother the women leader in our local church. He really needs Christ, I thought to myself. He is handsome, no doubt. And it’s not news anymore that, I had a crush on him back in high school. Things are different now. My love is only for Sam and Sam alone. I need to focus on how to execute my plans. This guy is really in for it.

I guess this dude hasn’t seen the ring on my finger. He ushered me out of the building, I could feel his eyes burrowing through my back. He opened the car for me – he was trying to be nice. I watched on as he drove out of Awosika Avenue Estate. I was mute until he broke the silence with a big sigh. I was very nervous.
“So Funmi….” He said tapping the steering wheel simultaneously with both hands.
His statement sounds more like a question than a normal sentence.

“So what?” I asked without expression
He sighed again.

“How have you been, Funmi?” He said looking at me with a smile.
To be candid he is got a charming smile, but that can’t work for me.

“I am fine” I said as if my mouth is stocked with raw fish. I hate raw fish. The site alone makes me vomit; I guess that explains how my face looks like when I spoke.

“Where do you want us to go?” he said in American accent.

At the hearing of where to hang out, my stomach rumbles and I felt like I needed to feed the worms inside. I really love food. I love delicacies, I love eating out. But, eating with a guy like this, was never in my dream. I was lost in my thought when he asked me again.

“Funmi, you are not answering me, where can we eat out?”

“there are lot of places where we can out good and healthy food, but I would love that we go to Domino’s Pizza” – I swallowed and my throat tingled at the thoughts of pizza.
“And where is that?” he asked me?

“That’s in Oluyole Estate.” I said looking at the dashboard.
“Do we need a google map to get there?” he said trying to make up a joke.

“No, we won’t be needing it” I said firmly.
I finally looked at him; he was looking handsome and fresh. He is got red lips. I could see his biceps through his transparent shirt. He is cute and hot too.

“Do you mind if I take the wheels?” I said to him.

He looked surprised. He nodded. He stopped and I took over the wheels. I drove past the new ShopRite at Dugbe Ibadan. I showed him, and he asked us to stop and buy stuffs. But I drove on. He was looking at me as if he was seeing me for the first time. I drove quite fast and finally we were at Domino’s Pizza. I guess he was amazed at the speed I drove.

We dropped from the car. And I led him into the cafeteria. We were seated facing each other. I looked into his eyes, and I asked him an unexpected question.

“Wilson, what do you want from me?”
He was shocked by question. He wanted to speak, but he couldn’t, he was stammering.
“Yeah yeee-ah”... He said stammering.
“Wilson, what do you want from me?” I asked again, trying not to smile.

“Funmi, I want you!” he said looking serious
Those words pierced through my heart. Is this not the guy who had told his friend some years back that I was stalking him? I thought. Funmi, common don’t be childish, who knows if he is playing you, I snapped back at the thought.

“it was some months ago, I was drinking with my friend when they asked me, if I have a girl I ever loved and still loves” he said looking straight into my eyes. Drinking? What was he thinking? – thought. I couldn’t take my eyes off him either.
“I told them, there used to be a dark beauty I loved secretly in high school” By this time he was getting more serious. It must have taken him hours to revise over and over again these statements.

“Funmi, I still love you” he said, sounds more like begging. I was smiling. He reached out for my hands and held them. As he held my left hand, he stopped.
He looked stern. He must have seen the ring – I thought.
Re: My Life Our Lives by kingphilip(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2015
after him see the ring wetin come happen nw?
abeg come update

BTW nice update

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sparkling clean Tokunbo 2008 Infiniti Fx35: N8.5m Negotiable / Kith And Kin: More Boredom Things / Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.