Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn (811 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by liveyourlife: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
The whole art of teaching is only the art of
awakening the natural curiosity of young
minds for the purpose of satisfying it
afterwards.
-Anatole France

Here are some things you can do at home to help your child focus on what they need to learn in school:

1. Give them a reward for starting early on big projects that are due.
When a big project is started and then interrupted the brain begins to scan for more
information to help with the project. They will begin to find connections with their everyday lives and the things that they do as it relates to their project.
This helps them to present more information and make a better project.

2. When they are stuck on a problem, make sure they take a break.
The brain needs to come up for some air every now and then and needs to refresh itself so that new ideas can come in.

3. Let your child teach you something new.(Priceless) When you put them in the teacher’s position they will be able to retain the information and maybe even find new ways to translate that information through their homework and projects.

4. The brain retains information better when there are changes in environment throughout the day.
A child is going to be restless, it is a fact
of nature. Use this to their advantage. Study in one spot, say on the couch,
and then after taking a break change to a different spot like outdoors. If you don’t want to change spots, put some background music on and then change the type of music every now and then.

5. Break up the work.

If they have a large project due, help them
to break it up into smaller chunks so that it doesn’t seem so daunting. They are more likely to get the work done if they can complete smaller tasks at one time instead of doing it all at once.

6. Use exhaustion as a cue.
If exhaustion sets in it means that it’s time to stop. Your brain still functions while sleeping
and retains the information that it has learned through the day.
Everything is organized while you are asleep. If your child appears tired, let them take a
nap or have them go to bed so that their brain can get organized.

http://theblackhomeschool.com/2014/09/10/simple-ways-that-you-can-help-your-child-learn/

We believe in Education, "No Child Should be Left Behind".

Join your fellow Classmates, who are Communicating
and Collaborating with Online around Assignments,
New Lectures, materials & Learning.

Visit http:// [/url]

Re: Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by dhabeautyjas(f): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2015
very nice.
noted
Re: Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by liveyourlife: 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=dhabeautyjas post=29569092]very nice.
noted[/quote
Happi u found it useful.
Re: Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by PrettyClare7(f): 6:57am On Jan 09, 2015
Wonderful post op. Those days mum taught me @ home as a kid remain ever-green in my memory. I cn proudly say she taught me to read in English and in my native language.
Re: Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by liveyourlife: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
PrettyClare7:
Wonderful post op. Those days mum taught me @ home as a kid remain ever-green in my memory. I cn proudly say she taught me to read in English and in my native language.

Your mum must have been a Wonderful person!
Re: Simple Ways That You Can Help Your Child Learn by PrettyClare7(f): 4:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
liveyourlife:

Your mum must have been a Wonderful person!
lol..it is not in doubt

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Working Mothers: 5 Easy Ways You Can Balance Your Work And Personal Life / .... And Your Mother In Law Does This To Your Baby / Word Of Wisdom On Marble (a Must-read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.