Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures (1633 Views)

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment / Deplorable State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway During Heavy Downpour / Riot At Ikeja-Along Area Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mod could you move this to front page please for concerned authorities to act.

For some time now, the major road that connects Lagos from Abeokuta (enroute Super- ile epo) has been in a highly deplorable state which makes one wonders if we still have Government in this country.

If you're unlucky to pass that road when there's a terrible gridlock ( which is now a constant thing) you may spend more than one hour from Super bus stop to the bad spots(ile-epo) which ideally shouldn't take you up to 2 minutes. Not sure its even up to a kilometer.

Cc:
Seun
Mukina2

Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by motherlode: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
cheesy bros the road has been like that for years now ooo and I just Sidon dey look! undecided cool
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
More

Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
And more

Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by motherlode: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
I can't lie to you the market women and men caused it by turning drainages constructed into a dump site when a REAL dump site isn't that far from the market!

1 Like

Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by adaweezy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
this is a Federal road not a state road so no one should blame Fashola
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
As can be seen seen from some of the pictures, at a point, some Motorists couldn't bear the gridlock any longer and they had to be turning back.

Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by dguyindcorner(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Now, suggest a solution!
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by adaweezy(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
the road is not lit at night due to the failure of the Federal Government to provide Lighting systems or Street Lights whereas the state owned Agege Motor Road has street light
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by adaweezy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
dguyindcorner:
Now, suggest a solution!
they can either fix the road or blame the opposition
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
motherlode:
I can't lie to you the market women and men caused it by turning drainages constructed into a dump site when a REAL dump site isn't that far from the market!

The Ilepo market is story for another day. Damn! Its the most filthy i've ever seen in my entire years of existence. No good road within the market but some marshy floors. So boggy it could make one throw up at its mere sight. To think its one of the major markets in Lagos state is beyond me.

FERMA needs to save people using that road from some undeserved hardships and Lagos state Govt should shut down that market for renovation.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by tit(f): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
GetUmad:

The Ilepo market is story for another day. Damn! Its the most filthy i've ever seen in my entire years of existence. No good road within the market but some marshy floors. So boggy that it could make one throw up at its mere sight. To think its one of the major markets in Lagos state is beyond me.

FERMA needs to save people using that road from some undeserved hardships and Lagos state Govt should shut down that market for renovation.

markets are local government responsibility.
the only thing ferma can do about the market is go refuse them use of the road's ROW.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
tit:

markets are local government responsibility.
the only thing ferma can do about the market is go refuse them use of the road's ROW.

Whoever may be responsible, They should just please swing into action as soon as possible.

That road is becoming a no-ply area.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by ucheokpara100(m): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
this one na pot-hole? this one na play na 4 naija wey road dey divide into 2, i mean real cut u no fit go d other side again.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
ucheokpara100:
this one na pot-hole? this one na play na 4 naija wey road dey divide into 2, i mean real cut u no fit go d other side again.
Bro, that thing you dey see up there dey make people spend hours on that road.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by motherlode: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2015
GetUmad:

The Ilepo market is story for another day. Damn! Its the most filthy i've ever seen in my entire years of existence. No good road within the market but some marshy floors. So boggy it could make one throw up at its mere sight. To think its one of the major markets in Lagos state is beyond me.

that road is federal road cuz it links lagos and abeokuta in ogun state together but the road which divides the market into two phase i.e. I mean two sided, is a state road and if you ply it you would praise BRF because the road is smooth! cheesy but you can face go-slow a little if the market is very busy and when danfo buses are trying to pass short cut to iyana-ipaja instead of the main road. grin
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by personal59: 7:30am On Jan 07, 2015
Vote for Change

Did you know that in 1983, Chief Obafemi Awolowo contested at the age of 74 while Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe contested in 1979 at 75? Did you know that Ronald Reagan became US president at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each? Just last December, Tunisia sworn in Beji Caid Essebsi as their President. Did you know how old is he? President Essebsi is 88 years old. The election that brought him in as president was the first free and fair presidential election since the country (Tunisia ) gained independence in 1956. If a 72 years old grand "Pa" (as the haters called him) can give me constant electricity, guarantee maximum security (stop the killings up North), put food on my table and stop corruption that a 57 years old young man who is suffering from an inferiority complex can not give then I will be a very big fool to refuse such CHANGE. So those making noise about BUHARI's age should shut the hell up and give in for a great change. I'M SO PROUD TO BE AN ELEMENT OF CHANGE what about you? GMB2015‬........KickOutGEJ2015‬
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
motherlode:

that road is federal road cuz it links lagos and abeokuta in ogun state together but the road which divides the market into two phase i.e. I mean two sided, is a state road and if you ply it you would praise BRF because the road is smooth! cheesy but you can face go-slow a little if the market is very busy and when danfo buses are trying to pass short cut to iyana-ipaja instead of the main road. grin
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
motherlode:

You mean the ekoro road that leads to ilepo market itself. That also can be another eyesore whenever it becomes congested as a result of people avoiding the expressway.
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by meracool(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
Federal Roads has Being in DEPLORABLE state since 1999..
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by Arch1: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
This is one of the many bad federal roads in Lgaos. Virtually all the federal roads in Lagos nay SouthWest are in deplorable condition, yet, jonaTAN wants the Yorubas to vote for him
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by alienvirus: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
Their looting no dey give us assurance
Repentance no dey their plans eh
create annoyance for my heart So
Ala Oyi e!
Re: Motorists' Nightmare: Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Way (ilepo) In Pictures by GetUmad: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
alienvirus:
Their looting no dey give us assurance
Repentance no dey their plans eh
create annoyance for my heart So
Ala Oyi e!
This one na tuface or 3face?

(1) (Reply)

A Serving Senator & Re-elected Under The Platform Of The APC Died Today / This News & Video From Peru Can Make U Have A Terrible Dream. Viewer Discretion / Gov. Al Makura Failed To Pay Salaries After Receiving N150billion Allocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.