Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? (27688 Views)

Fake Hair, Fake Nails, Fake Eyelashes, / Dangers Of Using Fake Eyelashes / What Is It With Nigerian Women And Fake Eyelashes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by SeanT21(f): 8:12am On Dec 16, 2008
Why do People wear fake eyelashes?

Going out to parties with friends,we always see females with fake eyelashes.What is the point of this?
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by bacterium(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2008
Fake lash is for fake lady.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by ikamefa(f): 12:06am On Dec 17, 2008
bacterium:

Fake lash is for fake lady.

hummmmmmm undecided

@ topic to enhance their looks i guess smiley
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by iice(f): 2:19am On Dec 17, 2008
It makes your eyes pop. They can be sultry and sexy cheesy

But be warned, you will loose your eyelashes to. The price of being (abi trying to look) beautiful they say tongue
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2008
~Me think its a Personal Choice!! No point intended save for the Individuals own gratification!!

~It defines the eyes . . .looks pretty when done properly & not fixed to be noticed a mile off!!

~I love the individual lashes applied Under my lashes instead of it been applied on Top of my lashes,only hassle is one's habit sure does catch up & i'll prolly rub my eyes unconsciously,that will defo have the lashes askwe but a lashes brush fixes that just fine . . . .its no fun picking off the lashes on the bed when the clue starts wearing off grin

~I love that i can fluster my Fake lashes in ways i can't fluster my real lashes even w/ mascara applied!! wink

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by SeanT21(f): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Me think its a Personal Choice!! No point intended save for the Individuals own gratification!!

~It defines the eyes . . .looks pretty when done properly & not fixed to be noticed a mile off!!

~I love the individual lashes applied Under my lashes instead of it been applied on Top of my lashes,only hassle is one's habit sure does catch up & i'll prolly rub my eyes unconsciously,that will defo have the lashes askwe but a lashes brush fixes that just fine . . . .its no fun picking off the lashes on the bed when the clue starts wearing off grin

~I love that i can fluster my Fake lashes in ways i can't fluster my real lashes even w/ mascara applied!! wink

So U like to be bluffing in the club!!!haha!!
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2008
SeanT21:

So U like to be bluffing in the club!!!haha!!

~ cheesy Lol you bet,i like bluff toOo much!! wink
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by ikamefa(f): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2008
iice:

But be warned, you will loose your eyelashes to. The price of being (abi trying to look) beautiful they say tongue

nahhhhhhh! boo! kiss i guess my eyeballs should be bald by now! grin grin
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by tope2000(f): 3:04am On Dec 18, 2008
Cuz its sezy grin
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 18, 2008
Personal choice. Back in the day, my mom used to wear them. People were like wow, I love your lashes. She told them they were real and they believed her. grin

To me, fake eyelashes, not necessary. I've never used them. Just give me my eye pencil, lipliner and lip gloss and I'm good to go. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by Pepeye(f): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2008
Personally I don’t take to false lashes

and don’t see myself imbibing

that fashion in the nearest future . . .

not necessary and my natural ones are quite long enough tongue
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by KarmaMod(f): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2008

Lol I agree. it does look nice on some people. The ones that do it in a way where you can't really tell it's fake though. Some just glue it on and don't even bother cutting it down to a realistic length

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by rubbiee(f): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2008
Personlly,i hate fixing of eyelashes.as far as i am concerned,it doesnt make sense.those dt fix eyelashes end up looking like witches and i get scared jst looking at them atimes because they jst look too fake and weird.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lol I agree. it does look nice on some people. The ones that do it in a way where you can't really tell it's fake though. Some just glue it on and don't even bother cutting it down to a realistic length

~Yeah . . & to think there's a variety of lengths available too!!

~I suppose its like saying "its fake lashes,it might as well look fake!!" cheesy
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by kritikul(f): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2008
ladies ought to look artificial, cool cool cool
men like it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue[center][/center]
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by origina9ja(f): 11:04am On May 20, 2009
it looks nice ooo
it makes your lashes super long and more dramatic

is like asking what is the need for makeup

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by whiteroses(f): 2:23am On Jun 23, 2009
It makes you look really pretty whats the point of not looking hot when you can be, but some people hates tacky things like my sister so she uses this £18 mascara and get false eyelash effects, money i'd rather spend at kfc lol
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by platinumnk(f): 2:37am On Jun 23, 2009
i love them!! i mix the short ones with the medium to make it look way natural.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by Bimbola26: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2009
I hate fixing eyelashes. My eyes are very sensitive so if the glue comes close to my eyes it will irritate it.

So i prefer using a great mascara than using fake eyelashes.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2009
stillwater:

Personal choice. Back in the day, my mom used to wear them. People were like wow, I love your lashes. She told them they were real and they believed her. grin

To me, fake eyelashes, not necessary. I've never used them. Just give me my eye pencil, lipliner and lip gloss and I'm good to go. cheesy
Same thng here.
It looks ugly to me, but each to his own.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by bluespice(f): 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2009
im with stillwater too
havent tried it
dunno where to start from
my eyeliners n mascara are just fine by me thank you

1 Like

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by tpiah: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2009
they make the eyes more sultry and seductive.

some people are naturally blessed with longer eyelashes, but others who want the look, acquire them.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:39am On Jul 04, 2009
Fake eye lashes can look really nice on some ladies when they look natural. . .but I can't stand ladies who fix the really long ones (Makes them look like witches)  embarassed

But personally I can't see myself fixing fake lashes. . .I think all I need is a good mascara to enhance my lashes and thats it!  wink
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by chiogo(f): 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2009
Fake lashes are just like how some people view women who wear make-up - fake or ugly.
That's not true, people wear them to enhance their features; some people like their lashes longer.

I personally won't wear them though - I'm good with my eye-liners and brush.  smiley

New York from flavor of love looks hideous with fake lashes and they keep falling off. sheesh.
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by SeanT21(f): 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2009
chiogo:

Fake lashes are just like how some people view women who wear make-up - fake or ugly.
That's not true, people wear them to enhance their features; some people like their lashes longer.

I personal won't wear them though - I'm good with my eye-liners and brush. smiley

New York from flavor of love looks hideous with fake lashes and they keep falling off. sheesh.

TELL ME ABOUT IT. HERS WERE FREAKING DISGUSTING. lipsrsealed
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by ProfJYK(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
are there no discomforts associated
a date to the pool turned sour for me when she said she couldnt swim cos she had lashes extension, how true is this? i'm still in the dark here

as for looks, the long ones makes ladies look wiered and funny, like sleepness night, or bad hangover. the short ones on the other hand goes unnoticed to me. so why bother when i wouldnt notice?

bottomline, its not my best idea of beauty enhancement
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 4:19am On Jul 10, 2009
~If the Lashes are clued on individually,its not advisable to get it wet. . there are  ones you can take off  & stick back on. . . .

~Discomforts will vary for each individual i suppose,for me when i first started fixing Lashes,i wasn't too comfy w/ just using face towels/wipes on my face w/o actually feeling the water on all of my face . . .scratching my eyes unconsciously gave me some discomfort too. . .that was then tho . . .Am used to it now!
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by watal: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
i make u eyez 2 look big and finer
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 11, 2009
Just don't over do it

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 1:01am On Aug 11, 2009
[size=13pt]~ cheesy. . for Photo Shoots & Catwalk i suppose those types are ok. . .[/size]
Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by mohawkchic(f): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Having the Eyes look this Gorgeous is the point of fixing fake lashes!! Feels great to flutter them lashes too  wink

Re: What's The Point Of Fixing Fake Eyelashes? by finemocha(f): 1:51am On Sep 11, 2009
what ever you do dont let ur mom yank them off ur lids when she is shouting on you, it hurts like hell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olive White Egg Yolk Toning Lotion / Syverline Onuoha 'Nancy Dive' Wins Miss Africa America Nation Pageant (Photos) / Ladies How Often Do You Wash Your Bra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.