Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? (3460 Views)

Family: How It Is Important In Life / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Nairaland Family, How Well Do We Know Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by judii(f): 9:15am On Jan 08, 2015
Aisha2, pls you've got mail in your gmail account. Thanks.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2015
judii:

Okay will check
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2015
judii:

Send a mail to aishagift@outlook.com
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by judii(f): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2015
Ok. Thanks.
aisha2:

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by judii(f): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2015
I have sent it. Please check. Thanks.
aisha2:

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2015
live modestly

or

hustle
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2015
judii:
I have sent it. Please check. Thanks.

Not seen it yet oh
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by judii(f): 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
I sent it again. Sorry for the inconvenience o! Just incase it still doesn't deliver, please drop your number let me call you. I will copy the number and you take it down immediately. There's something I need to discuss with you urgently. Thanks.
aisha2:

Not seen it yet oh
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by thorpido(m): 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Aisha2.Sorry just need to ask.
Pls do you have the contact of any organisation against female genital mutilation?
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
judii:
I sent it again. Sorry for the inconvenience o! Just incase it still doesn't deliver, please drop your number let me call you. I will copy the number and you take it down immediately. There's something I need to discuss with you urgently. Thanks.

Seen and replied.

thorpido:
Aisha2.Sorry just need to ask.
Pls do you have the contact of any organisation against female genital mutilation?

What location? FIDA offices are nation wide sha federation of female laywers they can handle it especially if its being forced on the child. Google FIDA and add the state
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by thorpido(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:

Seen and replied.

What location? FIDA offices are nation wide sha federation of female laywers they can handle it especially if its being forced on the child. Google FIDA and add the state
Edo state.Thanks I'll google it.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
When I see aisha2 not raking at someone, then I know the thread is important and has not been derailed grin. So here goes.

My Lady and I run 2 accounts - mine and a joint account. We work together so our salary is paid in a single check into my account. 10% for tithes, save 30% in the joint account. That savings goes for capital projects. We try to always go shopping together so we watch our joint spendings. We don't keep much cash around so we make purchases the cashless way. We look for deals onlibe esp dealdey.com. All payments, purchases, family and such are made from that single accoubt so we know what we can do and what we cannot. We will be purchasing a health plan soon and the littlerincess just walked in so not much expenses on that front yet. She don't trouble much so it's all good.

My Lady is the spend thrift. Worse, she throws money away. Literally. I mean she can have N2,000 in her hand and throw it into the bin thinking it's waste paper! She knows this too so while she determibes what we pay for, I hold whatever physical cash we have.

We chose to trust each other from our dating days so I never bother about what she says we need. I just pay, or authorise payment or leave the card with her whenever she asks for it.

And life's good.

2 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Chillis:
Na wah o. What of we wey dey earn 25 thousand naira ?
We no go marry again ni undecided

Aisha2 this thread na for bigi bigi people ni?

Wey those ones wey marry when they were not buoyant, pls come and share how you survived and made it big. smiley

My job wasn't paying regularly when we just got married. She was working in a shop for 20k monthly. Once she got paid, tithes out first, then we drive down to one end of the world market in Abuja (I forget the name) cos things were cheap there. We buy all the foodstuff we need for the month, go home and cook for the month, freeze it all. Then the little money I make here and there covers our other expenses. But we tried to keep our expenses as low as possible. Not sure I even bought a single article of clothing in that time. God was faithful, and even when we had to soak garri, we still looked and felt good. And whenever a big bill was due, God nade a way and the money wuld be available. Family helped too when they could too.

5 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
LewsTherin:
When I see aisha2 not raking at someone, then I know the thread is important and has not been derailed grin. So here goes.

My Lady and I run 2 accounts - mine and a joint account. We work together so our salary is paid in a single check into my account. 10% for tithes, save 30% in the joint account. That savings goes for capital projects. We try to always go shopping together so we watch our joint spendings. We don't keep much cash around so we make purchases the cashless way. We look for deals onlibe esp dealdey.com. All payments, purchases, family and such are made from that single accoubt so we know what we can do and what we cannot. We will be purchasing a health plan soon and the littlerincess just walked in so not much expenses on that front yet. She don't trouble much so it's all good.

My Lady is the spend thrift. Worse, she throws money away. Literally. I mean she can have N2,000 in her hand and throw it into the bin thinking it's waste paper! She knows this too so while she determibes what we pay for, I hold whatever physical cash we have.

We chose to trust each other from our dating days so I never bother about what she says we need. I just pay, or authorise payment or leave the card with her whenever she asks for it.

And life's good.

Lol @ opening comment Hahahahahaaa. I think couples now are begining to see financial openness as a key to marriage success. years ago men would die and their wives wouldn't even know what bank their husband's use. I really love this. The best thing hubby and I did from day 1 was decide to be financially open this have saved us a lot, he always calls me " miracle saver" lol, he grew up not knowing the prices of things if you want something just buy it, me kuma I grew up knowing where to get the best deals and bargains. We help each other he helps me enjoy life more and sometimes forget calculation while I help him save money lol.

Working together is a great step for each couple. Financial openness helps both SENSIBLE spouses to understand where they are and how to grow their lives
Some women expect too much from their husband's because they have no idea what he actually earns, some men say " don't bring a kobo " and sometimes end up bitter and angry when the wives have savings and they don't. Some women can be extremely wicked, imagine a man owing banks 2million and about to loose his car while his wife has over 12 million in savings and swears she is not releasing a kobo sadly the man doesn't even know she has that kind of money being that he has been providing for years and telling her tokeep her own money.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
LewsTherin:

My job wasn't paying regularly when we just got married. She was working in a shop for 20k monthly. Once she got paid, tithes out first, then we drive down to one end of the world market in Abuja (I forget the name) cos things were cheap there. We buy all the foodstuff we need for the month, go home and cook for the month, freeze it all. Then the little money I make here and there covers our other expenses. But we tried to keep our expenses as low as possible. Not sure I even bought a single article of clothing in that time. God was faithful, and even when we had to soak garri, we still looked and felt good. And whenever a big bill was due, God nade a way and the money wuld be available. Family helped too when they could too.

Karimo market I guess lol abi na orange market?
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
ifyalways:
Life is too short to be spent on money mathematics ---- my motto. cheesy
I solve Lagos street maths to make money I go still come solve algebra on how to spend it? Not me!
I save, invest and spend. Fortunately, my oga has all the grace for family excel bullshit grin. School fees, utility bills, extended family, house care : we have a joint account that deals with that. Charity, personal stuff, : we do personally.
^^^^This works perfectly for Ify. cool

Lol as long as one of you does excel no wahala. I know a couple, both of them are just kai, all their money is spent in enjoyment, no savings no emergency funds when something happens they start running round looking to borrow. I don advice madam taya for where
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by judii(f): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks. I just sent a reply.
aisha2:

Seen and replied.

1 Like

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:

Karimo market I guess lol abi na orange market?

Is that the one waaay after Kado fish market?
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
LewsTherin:

Is that the one waaay after Kado fish market?

Yes oh, na me be number 1 customer there on Tuesday dry fish, tomatoes, onions, snails, amala flour, kuli kuli name it you will find it there at great prices. I take permission from the office wear my slippers and dirty jeans and cover my nose from dust. I always need a bath when I get back home sha lol
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:

I think couples now are begining to see financial openness as a key to marriage success.

Not just in financial things. My Lady and I chose to be open to each other from our dating days, while in the University. I finished a couple of years before she did and though we lived far from each other, we kept abreast of what the other was doing. She knew how much I earned. He folks were going through a bad patch then and I started taking care of her expenses. Since she knew what I had, she never asked for what I couldn't do.

In the financial dark days of our early marriage, her ability to conserve and stretch was what kept us going and she never complained that she was the one bringing home the bacon. Not once. We were open enough that she knew exactly how I was hustling and what I was managing to do.

Today, thank God we are quite comfortable. She's the envy of her friends not because we are loaded, but because they see the relationship she has with her husband and they envy it.

2 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:

Yes oh, na me be number 1 customer there on Tuesday dry fish, tomatoes, onions, snails, amala flour, kuli kuli name it you will find it there at great prices. I take permission from the office wear my slippers and dirty jeans and cover my nose from dust. I always need a bath when I get back home sha lol

Ahhh. Nostalgia.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
LewsTherin:

Not just in financial things. My Lady and I chose to be open to each other from our dating days, while in the University. I finished a couple of years before she did and though we lived far from each other, we kept abreast of what the other was doing. She knew how much I earned. He folks were going through a bad patch then and I started taking care of her expenses. Since she knew what I had, she never asked for what I couldn't do.
In the financial dark days of our early marriage, her ability to conserve and stretch was what kept us going and she never complained that she was the one bringing home the bacon. Not once. We were open enough that she knew exactly how I was hustling and what I was managing to do.
Today, thank God we are quite comfortable. She's the envy of her friends not because we are loaded, but because they see the relationship she has with her husband and they envy it.

Awwww God bless your home. You are the type of husband a wife would think about and just start smiling and people will think she is going crazy not knowing na ya love dey shack her lol.

When you make life easy for yourself you will have the best of joy love and peace in your home

1 Like

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by LewsTherin: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:

Awwww God bless your home. You are the type of husband a wife would think about and just start smiling and people will think she is going crazy not knowing na ya love dey shack her lol.

When you make life easy for yourself you will have the best of joy love and peace in your home

Thanks for the compliment.

Bill Gates said if he needs a job done quickly, he gets a lazy person to do it. Because a lazy person will look for the easiest and quickest way to do said job. Same thing here. And to quote Ice T "happy wife, happy life"

2 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by zeb04(f): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Very educative .
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by oYaTo(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Haven't posted on NL in ages...but couldn't resist this topic...

Been married for three years...but lived in separate countries for more than two years. Now that we live together, it's almost like the real marriage itself just started... shocked cheesy

We have individual accounts, as well as a joint one for projects where we both make monthly contributions. We also have a separate account for the kids where we make monthly contributions as well. This account is for their university education (started making these contributions before they were born). She also has another personal account for her savings.

Even though we have separate individual accounts, we consider it the same pool of money. Every month I send enough to just cover household expenses like feeding, baby food, diapers, diesel, fuel etc to her account. She usually covers any additional expenses from her own account.

And oh, I'm the excel nut who tries to ensure every debit from my individual account is covered in spreadsheets cool . I'm not stingy, but I just try to track expenses. My last payslip of the year usually has a total sum of remunerations received for that year, and in the past I've always wondered where all the money disappeared to shocked . She doesn't bother with tracking her expenses the way I do, but we occasionally review the spreadsheets together so she has a picture of the status of the accounts. And I don't track the expenses from her own account as I know she's not a spendthrift...

Before I got married, a few colleagues had always told me of the blessings that come with getting a good wife. I was never a forward-thinking dude until I got married. And now I can say I've been so blessed these past three years than in any other time in my life.

Open to learning from other married folks about how they handle their finances (I've learnt one or two things already!) wink

4 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
Interesting Topic

We have our salary accounts where we are paid monthly so no physical joint account however we run 100% transpareny and joint accounrability and plan based on total income.

Savings: saving in an account seem not to work for us so we do monthly contribution with colleagues.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Judii did you get my message?
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Meanwhile all those sending me scam yahoo yahoo email because you have seen my address online, leprosy will catch your miserable fingers

5 Likes

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by L2CD766: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
is marriage this annoying; now money craze again. this is worse than being locked in a six foot store with a bucking bronco.
Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
aisha2:

I'm not his wife but I couldnt help but smile reading that post of his. It just felt really refreshing. grin

LewsTherin, May God continue to bless your home smiley

1 Like

Re: Family ; How Do You Balance Accounts? by Oxytocin712: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
blank:
Here goes. The key was to have absolute trust. grin First of all, we have a joint account and then we have individual accounts whilst still being signatories to each others account. Thus, anyone can transfer or withdraw from any account. We started this from when we started dating so we kinda had a rhythm by the time we were getting married. He prepares the annual budget while i do the monthly budget and try to make sure it is adhered to.

For the parts you didn't mention, I ensure he spends at least 10% of his monthly income on himself. If not he can wear rags just so that he can have something to give out. And you know for his position, he needs to maintain some semblance of affluence. As for me, he buys me stuff cos i find it hard buying expensive things for myself. I remember as a student, the most expensive shoe i had was the one he bought for me. I used to save my spending money to buy now useless shares.

For my kids, i do most of the buying for them cos he is just out of his league on that one and also foodstuff. Also, i ensure I pay the nanny myself so that they know i am their employer, lol. Importantly, if any request for assistance is to be paid, it is usually from the other spouse's account just a way of us letting you know that the person is aware. This is to avoid people sneaking around thinking they are playing on someone's intelligence. The badside of that is that if someone is not given, they tend to think it cos of the other spouse.

We have people we support monthly and that comes out of my account. Don't know why we just defaulted to this but it is what it is. Hope i didn't bore anyone.
... Huuum, thanks noted!. God bless u

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / My Husband / I'm Interested In My Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.