Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? (4845 Views)

Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible / As An Atheist,if God Does Not Exist, What About Witchcraft N Wizardry? / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
This one is for all believers no matter which God you worship. It's 2015 people, a new year let's all include one resolution in our list/s of resolutions - that if you have nothing worthwhile to add you shall refrain from displaying your minuscule, child-like mind and try to act like an intelligent and mature adult by refraining from adding stupid comments, empty posts and/or full stops or from insulting and name calling. To all them ever holy christians I know you love to show off your cursing skills but please no curses today and yes I know I'm already going to hell for my question so thank you no need to inform me. Now those who want to answer please tell me why you believe God exists, please do not quote me scriptures or what pastor so-and-so said. I'm interested in knowing if you have concrete proof e.g. you saw angel come down or something happened... Something concrete please, not blind faith else we might as well as believe in aliens and mermaids.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by bunmioguns(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
bunmioguns:
undecided

Does that mean you don't know why you believe?
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by bunmioguns(m): 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
DieeDiee:

Does that mean you don't know why you believe?

Let me use this Joke to answer your question

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and beard cut as always.

He started to have a good conversation with the barber who attended him.

They talked about so many things and various subjects.

Suddenly, they touched the subject of God. The barber said: "Look man, I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the client.

"Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Oh, tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people?

Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering nor pain. I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things."

The client stopped for a moment thinking, but he didn't want to respond so as to cause an argument.

The barber finished his job and the client went out of the shop.

Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy).

Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber. "Well, I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist because if they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks in the street."

"Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the client.

"That's the point. God does exist, what happens is people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

9 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
op do you have a brain ? Kindly answer this question.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

Can you read? Do you understand English. Kindly go back to school and learn comprehension or maybe the word refrain is too higher grade English for you?

2 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

Can you read? Do you understand English? Kindly go back to school and learn comprehension or maybe the word refrain is too higher grade English for you?
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
DieeDiee:

Can you read? Do you understand English. Kindly go back to school and learn comprehension or maybe the word refrain is too higher grade English for you?

Are you scared of answering the question?

Its a simple question , answer it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by Minet16(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
God exists, and please mind how you ask to avoid falling into sin. all it takes is FAITH. if you seek him you'll find him
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by plaetton: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

Are you scared of answering the question?

Its a simple question , answer it undecided

What is the question?
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
Minet16:
God exists, and please mind how you ask to avoid falling into sin. all it takes is FAITH. if you seek him you'll find him
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

What makes YOU believe? What has he done for you/your friend/neighbour/family etc that makes you believe? I'm not looking for blind faith answers because then I might as well have faith that aliens exist.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by plaetton: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
Minet16:

Ok. So god exist by faith alone.
Good.
So, what is faith ?
Faith is something that you convince yourself of. It does not have to make sense, right?
Good.

Therefore, outside of faith, god does not make sense, and therefore does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
plaetton:

What is the question?

Leave her she's stupid and illiterate. Never engage a fool people you'll end up looking like a fool yourself.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
bunmioguns:

I understand the point your joke is attempting to make but it's argument falls flat because:
1) Yes that one man has uncut hair but many more have cut hair (concrete proof barber's exist)
2) Many people do go to God. For example the people who died at TB Joshua's church. They went to God and what did they get in return? Death. Not only that they couldn't even get the decency of proper burials.
3) You failed to give me at least one example of concrete proof. In your joke too the man failed to give an example of proof while the barber could give many what the man chose to do instead was to attack the barber personally which is something I've noticed christians love doing. Surely if God did exist it would be easy to prove and one wouldn't have to resort to attacking people, cursing them and damning them to hell?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by pweetixandy: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:
come'on babe
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
plaetton:

What is the question?

you can easily scroll up and check.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
pweetixandy:
come'on babe

I didn't ask that question intending insult, it's an easy question i asked for a reson but i guess he doesn't have one afterall since he's not sensible enough to answer me.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

I didn't ask that question intending insult, it's an easy question i asked for a reson but i guess he doesn't have one afterall since he's not sensible enough to answer me.

And what do you call this answer? Please leave this forum, we have no need for the likes of you.

Ps: jokes aside do go back to school because not only did you miss comprehension class you also missed spelling too :X #oops we also know how to insult. Be careful what you say to strangers their medicine may be just more powerful than yours - now leave please.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by davien(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
bunmioguns:

Suddenly, they touched the subject of God. The barber said: "Look man, I don't believe that God exists."

"Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Oh, tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people?

Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering nor pain. I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things."

The client stopped for a moment thinking, but he didn't want to respond so as to cause an argument.

Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy).

Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber. "Well, I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist because if they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks in the street."

"That's the point. God does exist, what happens is people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

cheesy https://www.nairaland.com/1968917/story-god-existence-especially-atheists.....must#27495549
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by Menuskiiiii(f): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
Its easy. Look around u. The ants(one of the smallest creatures on earth) are so cordinated that we are advised in the bible to learn from them.

Some birds migrate for thousands of miles everyear without guidance from anyone.

Scientist say we use only 7% of our brains yet see how much humans have accomplished

Have u ever wondered, what if ur eyes were placed at the top of ur head (so that rain falls on dem and sun shines on them) or behind ur head (we cant be cordinated cos eyes would be working diffrently from the legs)0r what if ur anus was played under your foot?? (I cant even imagine)

Buh humans were designed exactly as they should be ......

This shows wisdom and power beyond human reasoning or capacity.

So y do I believe God exist? The things he created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
DieeDiee:

And what do you call this answer? Please leave this forum, we have no need for the likes of you.

Ps: jokes aside do go back to school because not only did you miss comprehension class you also missed spelling too :X #oops we also know how to insult. Be careful what you say to strangers their medicine may be just more powerful than yours - now leave please.

I don't exhange words with people like you because i know most times they lack reasoning and good comprehension skills but i chose to today and you just couldn't prove me wrong .

Smh.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
DieeDiee:

Leave her she's stupid and illiterate. Never engage a fool people you'll end up looking like a fool yourself.

Just look at the post of someone that calls another an illiterate , seriously you need help.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

I don't exhange words with people like you because i know most times they lack reasoning and good comprehension skills but i chose to today and you just couldn't proof me wrong .

Smh.

It's prove sweety. Prove not proof .

Yes do stop because I'm still being kind to you but believe me I have a razor tongue and you won't like it when I release it. Now kindly disappear. *POOF*
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by elantraceey(f): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
DieeDiee:

It's prove sweety. Prove not proof .

Yes do stop because I'm still being kind to you but believe me I have a razor tongue and you won't like it when I release it. Now kindly disappear. *POOF*

Am just lauging here because you're just a kid that needs to grow up.

Great men are known for action and changes they make not vain words they speak.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by davien(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
Menuskiiiii:
Its easy. Look around u. The ants(one of the smallest creatures on earth) are so cordinated that we are advised in the bible to learn from them.
So nobody with eyes knew ants existed right?! or the writers of the canon couldn't know what an ant was and write about them?..

Some birds migrate for thousands of miles everyear without guidance from anyone.
And cows moo without guidance from anyone....what is your point here?...therefore "god did it"?

Scientist say we use only 7% of our brains yet see how much humans have accomplished
It's not surprising that you are among the majority that rehashes "scientists say" myths,lol cheesy
That is a brain myth.....try to fact check your beliefs...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_brain_myth

Have u ever wondered, what if ur eyes were placed at the top of ur head (so that rain falls on dem and sun shines on them) or behind ur head (we cant be cordinated cos eyes would be working diffrently from the legs)0r what if ur anus was played under your foot?? (I cant even imagine)-

You don't know that....you only attribute all those things to a "god"...and from the claim in the bible you believe it was your "god" and if you were a muslim you'd believe it was "allah"...
If you have the opportunity to go to a museum with fossils you'd come across all sorts of past structures that were out-competed....and they actually constituted 9/10 of all the species alive today...so saying you're special because you have traits that withstood selection is just wrong...if everything were really made perfect 9/10 of all species(including human ancestors) wouldn't be dead....
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
Menuskiiiii:

Have u ever wondered, what if ur eyes were placed at the top of ur head (so that rain falls on dem and sun shines on them) or behind ur head (we cant be cordinated cos eyes would be working diffrently from the legs)0r what if ur anus was played under your foot?? (I cant even imagine)

While I don't agree that creation is proof (science has it's own theories) I certainly do respect your opinion and I accept it as proof for you 100% but I just have one question: Everything you say is true but don't you think that the concept of God was created so that people can have an answer for the wonder that is our world? I mean most of those miracles in the bible can answered by simple logic. For example, Sodom and Gomora - a simple volcanic eruption may have just happened. And come on - a talking snake? If you saw a talking snake wouldn't you scream and run instead of listening to it and eating an apple?
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by motherlode: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
God bless you and as for op i believe God exist cuz he created the universe. Planet earth inclusive!
bunmioguns:

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
motherlode:
God bless you and as for op i believe God exist cuz he created the universe. Planet earth inclusive!

How do you know that for sure and that it was not the Big Bang Theory? No one saw God create the earth. A man told us and as we all know man lies.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
My question is genuine. I really want to know if God really exist. I don't have faith which is why I don't want blind faith answers. I need genuine, concrete proof and I'm willing to listen.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by motherlode: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
Izjiot! I knew you would quote me; was it not written? If you what you learned in school was not written how would understand? Or is it your great grannies that created the world? If you want to know those that witness the creation, just go and die so you can see the world beyond earth! Or you acknowledge there is God and pray secret/answer revealing prayers i.e pray God should open your spiritual eyes!
DieeDiee:

How do you know that for sure and that it was not the Big Bang Theory? No one saw God create the earth. A man told us and as we all know man lies.
Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by Curvinus(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yes, there's a supernatural realm that orders all things such as intelligent design, mathematical laws, consciousness.
Again, the possibility of life arising out of chance according to research is zero point more than 30 zeros.
Even the study of quantum dynamics and quantum fluctuations are beginning to make many scientists sit down and have a rethink about the existence of God.
So try to take your miniature emotions out of it and see the big picture for what it is - a grand design.
We have been given free will to enjoy this earth to the fullest. But he has set some guidelines to make our existence even more meaningful.
Just acknowlege him with your heart and do unto others as you would want done unto you. This the first step to knowing God.
He does not demand anything from you as the earth and its inhabitants are all his.

He is a loving God and not the scornful being that certain charlatans would have you believe. He loves you and wants yot to enjoy his creations.

Finally, we are made in his image and we are still evolving. We are part and parcel of his technology, the same way we are building ours today.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? by DieeDiee: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
motherlode:
Izjiot! I knew you would quote me; was it not written? If you what you learned in school was not written how would understand? Or is it your great grannies that created the world? If you want to know those that witness the creation, just go and die so you can see the world beyond earth! Or you acknowledge there is God and pray secret/answer revealing prayers i.e pray God should open your spiritual eyes!

Why do you feel the need to get angry and name call? You are the ijziot - someone who blindly follows and accepts what he is told. I don't believe everything I was taught in school and I even questioned my teachers. There are things that once were accepted as "true" but later proved false which is why an intelligent and astute human being will question and test something before being a sheep and just follow. By the way I offered the Big Bang Theory as an alternate solution but if you want to believe my grandmother created the universe then so be it - only you are sheep enough to believe it (lol)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Last Sunday Of The Month Prayers(photos) / What If The Devil Repents Today? / Ireland Elects Gay Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.