Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,741 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

(factional) Ekiti Assembly Sacks 180 Over Irregular Employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (factional) Ekiti Assembly Sacks 180 Over Irregular Employment (651 Views)

Nine Ekiti Assembly Members For Trial Over Certificate Forgery / TUC,Factional NLC Suspend Strike While Main NLC Continue Strike / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(factional) Ekiti Assembly Sacks 180 Over Irregular Employment by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
No fewer than 180 staff of the Ekiti State House of Assembly employed by the administration of Dr. Kayode Fayemi have been sacked over alleged irregularity in their employment.
It was learnt that the factional Speaker, Dele Olugbemi, announced their dismissal during the monthly prayer meeting to usher in the new year at the Assembly on Monday .
Olugbemi was quoted to have said that the measure became imperative to rid the system of irregular employment.
Confirming the development to journalists on Wednesday, Olugbemi said the affected staff were brought into the system through the back door in the last days of the past administration.
He said they were illegally employed in August and September by the then House of Assembly Service Commission chaired by Chief George Ojo, following pressure from some members of the All Progressives Congress.
“At the tail end of the last administration, they brought all these employees. The top members of APC then shared the number and brought them even when they knew that another government was coming on board.
“All they wanted to do was to create problems for Governor Ayodele Fayose. They wanted to put their people in positions here and increase the overhead cost that would be difficult for this government to bear.
“I want to say that their employment was irregular and the best we can do is to go by the law and that is by sacking them,” Olugbemi said.
Some of the workers, who craved anonymity during interviews with newsmen maintained that they were properly employed by the immediate past administration.
They appealed to the Government to reverse the action in the interest of peace .
It would be recalled that the present administration had sacked about 800 peace corps and over 300 staff of Ekiti State Traffic Management Agency over similar complain shortly after Governor Ayodele Fayose’s inauguration.
The Government also slashed the salary of the 700 sweepers employed under the Ministry of Environment from N10,000 to N5,000.
The Government has also stopped the payment of 5,000 naira monthly stipend to about 20,000 aged people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ekiti-assembly-sacks-180-over-irregular-employment/
Re: (factional) Ekiti Assembly Sacks 180 Over Irregular Employment by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
In another news
APC lawmakers to report Ekiti Assembly to NASS
The 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers in Ekiti State have threatened to report the crisis rocking the Ekiti State House of Assembly to the National Assembly.
The embattled Speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin, disclosed this on Wednesday during a chat with journalists in Aisegba-Ekiti.
Seven members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Assembly had, on November 20, impeached Omirin as Speaker.
Omirin, who accused Fayose of frustrating the APC lawmakers from returning to the state for legislative duties, also denied telling the Police that he was being misled by leaders of his party to confront Governor Ayodele Fayose.
He urged the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Taiwo Lakanu, to make public the undertaking he signed on Tuesday at the meeting with him.
He said, “I want the CP, Mr Taiwo Lakanu to publish what I wrote in the undertaking whether I said I was being misled by APC leaders. I cannot be teleguided by anybody at 59. My dealings with Fayose since he was sworn-in had made me realised that his government was founded on falsehood and blackmail.
“I have tried with my colleagues to reach a truce with Fayose, but each time we made efforts, what we used to see was a petition to all security agencies blackmailing us that we were planning to invade the state with thugs and security would be stationed everywhere to stop us.
Omirin said it was unfortunate that Fayose had no genuine love for Ekiti people for allegedly foisting Dele Olugbemi, whom he described as an “illiterate” and “money monger” on the state as factional speaker.
“We have contacted the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Aminu Tambuwal on the need to have an interface with us. They (Representatives) are reconvening next week and we will be there to state our own position. I believe something will be done over this illegality.
Omirin also denied requesting for Christmas gift from the Governor, saying such allegation is petty.
In his reaction, Fayose described Omirin as a “confused person, very inconsistent and should be ignored.”
Fayose, who stated this through his Chief Press Secretary in Ado Ekiti on Wednesday, said it was Omirin who earlier raised the alarm that his house was visited by assassins allegedly sponsored by Fayose but later recanted the statement.
http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-lawmakers-to-report-ekiti-assembly-to-nass/
Re: (factional) Ekiti Assembly Sacks 180 Over Irregular Employment by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
PDP is losing Ekiti State little by little.

(1) (Reply)

#jonathanmustdebate Now Trending On Nairaland. / Nollywood Stars Endorse Goodluck Jonathan [photos] / Listen To What Victor Ikpeba Is Saying..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.