Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. (1220 Views)

Husband Beat Wife To Coma For Investing Family Savings In MMM / They Wanted To Have Sex In My Cab! - Suspended Calgary Cab Driver Protests / Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by drisatasarr: 12:35am On Jan 08, 2015
A 59 yr old Nigerian full time cab driver and part time tutor Mr kelechi was arrested over the weekend in Houston TX, for beating his 32 yr old wife, who sustained a fractured left orbit and concussion. Mr Kelechi was unhappy because his wife who is a registered nurse worked a double shift at a local nursing home and was not home to cook his meals. Ngozi refused to press charges. The police are planning on going ahead with a case against him. They have been called by Ngozi on several occasions for chocking attacks. Why do Nigerian men beat their wives like children and why do the wives continue to protect them?
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 08, 2015
Nigerian taxi driver husband beats registered nurse wife who makes more money. Isn't it time this Nigerian situation is duly investigated?
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by Pavore9: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2015
27 years age gap..he married his daughter's age! He married a woman who is productive, even doing double shift and still complaining whereas there are full time house wives who are not bringing a kobo to d home bt still not lift a finger in d house!
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by mutter(f): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2015
Pavore9:
27 years age gap..he married his daughter's age! He married a woman who is productive, even doing double shift and still complaining whereas there are full time house wives who are not bringing a kobo to d home bt still not lift a finger in d house!

OR he married a woman who neglects her family and is using all the money for her own needs.

Nothing justifies a man laying a hand on a woman but your conclusion on this case is too simple.

A full time house wife is contributing even financially to the house because the man has the opportunity to work long hours without fear of the home. When women work the man is also saddled with taking care of the kids- school runs, doctor appointments and so much more.
Besides in some countries the couple have to share the tax privileges meaning that the man could earn about 30 % or more less because of taxes if the woman works. Also the cost of day care increases if the woman works. Besides that more money is invested because no one is cooking decently or has the time to go looking for bargains.
Most importantly the services the woman renders - love , attention and cleaning , taking care of the kid`s is priceless.
So we just cannot conclude like that.
There have been many cases like this. A man as he gets older goes home to marry a young woman, brings her to the states and trains her, hoping that as he is getting older he can now have a woman who helps him in the home and also financially. These men are broken by years of work. The woman comes and gets influenced by others and ...
The other side again is that some women work hard day and night and the man is sending all his money home to his people and keeps wanting more and more from the woman. This woman works so hard and still comes home tired to cook and clean.
Anyway we don`t know how they lived... but for this thing to be happening so often something needs to be done.
The sad reality is that many women African women are suffering in Europe and America.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
F00lish man!! Is he so daft that he cannot decifer why his wife is so busy? So before marrying her, he never knew how demanding the nursing job was? Is he handicapped that he cannot be supportive towards his wife by helping out in the home while she works long hours? what stops him from employing the services of a maid? He still expects the wife to be a superwoman running double shifts and at the same keeping the home spotless. Other men helping their busy wives out should kill themselves abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by lilmax(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
drisatasarr:
A 59 yr old Nigerian full time cab driver and part time tutor Mr kelechi was arrested over the weekend in Houston TX, for beating his 32 yr old wife, who sustained a fractured left orbit and concussion. Mr Kelechi was unhappy because his wife who is a registered nurse worked a double shift at a local nursing home and was not home to cook his meals. Ngozi refused to press charges. The police are planning on going ahead with a case against him. They have been called by Ngozi on several occasions for chocking attacks. Why do Nigerian men beat their wives like children and why do the wives continue to protect them?
he should be ashamed
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by bebe2(f): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
lilmax:
he should be ashamed

the lady went for double shift and she is suppose to come and cook for him again,

bloody users.

and they all want to marry nurses oo ,so they can use dem to make money.

dats how my mum's church member went to visit her daughter in america,

when she came back, she gisting my mum.

how they have a big beautiful house, nice cars but its her daughter that is the bread winner.

when the man came to marry her, he said he want a girl who was a nurse dats how she was introduced to him.

so the man now has a nurse as a wife and is a fulltime time husband now.
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by armyofone(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
Double shifts and house work don't mix.
Ngozi press charges o. A day in jail will shock him into reality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by lilmax(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
bebe2:

the lady went for double shift and she is suppose to come and cook for him again,

bloody users.

how they have a big beautiful house, nice cars but its her daughter that is the bread winner.

when the man came to marry her, he said he want a girl who was a nurse dats how she was introduced to him.

I'm going to marry a nurse tho smiley
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by zeb04(f): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
I blame thw wife
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by bebe2(f): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
lilmax:
I'm going to marry a nurse tho smiley

of course,

n she go dey work 90hrs a week, so u fit buy that land for vgc , abi??
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by lilmax(m): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
bebe2:

of course,

n she go dey work 90hrs a week, so u fit buy that land for vgc , abi??
nah, I just like their style
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by EfemenaXY: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
bebe2:

bloody users.

As long as he keeps the home spotless, helps with making dinner and looking after the kids, then it's a fair deal. IF he sits on his bum all day, idling away doing nothing, expecting her to come home and start another round of (unpaid) work, then...

Mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by bennyrazz: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
is this still news? man beating woman?
Re: Nigerian Cab Driver Beat Wife. by soulglo: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2015
drisatasarr:

Oh please. Why is she staying there. This time he gave her a concussion and broke her eye socket and she still stays. She likes it. Two Nigerian men killed their wives in Houston last year. She wants to be the first this year. Leave her alone. She has all the resources in the world to leave this man. She will get housing and other benefits for a while if she decides to up and leave. She chooses not to. Let me worry instead about those poor women in Nigeria who have no one and whose family would even send her back if she goes to them for help.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Help In The Kitchen Nairalanders / Orphanage Home In Portharcourt / Attention: JESSICA EDIONWELE Is Missing (details Below)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.