Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again (790 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Amorc Is Not A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:52am On Dec 16, 2008
Bent is accused of sex crimes against two of his teenage followers.

The Taos jury that heard his trial this week deliberated for five hours on Friday, but did not reach a verdict.

Bent insists that he did nothing wrong by lying naked with the teenage girls, and that it’s common for him to kiss and embrace any member of his group.

Surrounded by his followers, Wayne Bent waited outside a Taos Courthouse on Friday.

News 13’s Mike Paluska asked Bent if he’d do it again. At first, Bent and his followers chuckled at the question and he refused to give an answer. However, he’d later respond.

“Yes I would do it again, but I would have the state’s permission,” Bent said.

Bent also said that he would lie naked with non cult members if he and the non cult member had divine inspiration.
“[God] would have to tell me to also, and if he told me to let you do that; then hey where is the room,” Bent said.

Of the estimated fifty followers that still remain in Bent’s Lord Our Righteousness Church, they all insist that he did nothing wrong.

The followers said that they will follow him wherever he goes, even in death.

“I cannot live in captivity,” Bent said. “I think I would probably drink water, but it would be a prayer time asking to god to deliver me, and if he didn’t deliver me I would die.”

Bent faces 30 years in jail if convicted.

Re: A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again by mantraa: 3:11am On Dec 17, 2008
I saw this documentary about him on tv the other day.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CvytVhqiO6E

He convinced his followers that the world was about to end in October 2007.

The sad thing about it is that the children who were rescued from the cult by their parents, actually went back after a while because they truly believed in him and loved him so much.

Never underestimate the power of faith, Any faith!

It makes me sad to think that children are being taught that the most important part of their life is auditioning for the next one.
This is a truly poisonous and dangerous concept that inevitably leads to the degradation of our current world as a transit life - a 'vale of tears' that we must put up with momentarily until our ticket is clipped and we are rescued from this miserable existence of trial and temptation.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the religious world is about to end soon. And that the atheists will inherit the earth.

Maybe only then will humans finally enter into the Age of Reason.

peace and love
Re: A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2008
[b]@Mantraa
You are right 100% dear,you quote it right. cheesy.
you see the world is changing everyday by day!,and very some the atheist are going to take over.,the Religious world is coming to an end in short time. cool cool cool cool cool cool

u see ,many nations of the world have their own believe and how they view this Life!
i can say 60% of the world does not believe there is god.
mantraa,all this happening are signs of great changes that will take place on planert earth.Satan has been preparing for this moment and he has converted many to his side.666 is coming soon and i can prove it!,im Satanist as friend in the church(CHURCH OF SATAN.they are really preparing for this and mostly to deal with the christians worldwide,they have already taken the decision!,they are already Welcome to HELL.,so they take human as an animal,they love killing spiriyually & phisically,im a christian but, eh eh!
the world is a game gurl, it's like afootball game ,and you gat to play your roll well in the field!,play to Win and let every one see you with the cup.many christians are just wasting there time,God saves there soul that day!!,and for those pretenders and tricker in the church just claiming, HA! save my Rugged identity!!!!!!!!SATAN,.you have to arrange your self very well since you already know fellow naija grin.i dont wanna put my foot in two boat same time,all else, you shall fall in the water in they move!,I dont wanna serve two masters same time, who is the real god?
why are the christians suffering, and wont understand what is Life!,the fastest bussiness in the world to gain easy money is in the church!,i tell you satan has been keeping there busy with bussiness,every sunday you do offerings,where are the money going to,GOD?
We christians are the most wicked being on earth!,majority just cover up with church and in the name of JESUS_CHRIST!!!!!!.but fowl yanch go blow open one day.HAIL SATAN, !!!!![[/
b] quote author=mantraa link=topic=208168.msg3234125#msg3234125 date=1229479897]

The sad thing about it is that the children who were rescued from the cult by their parents, actually went back after a while because they truly believed in him and loved him so much.

It makes me sad to think that children are being taught that the most important part of their life is auditioning for the next one.
This is a truly poisonous and dangerous concept that inevitably leads to the degradation of our current world as a transit life - a 'vale of tears' that we must put up with momentarily until our ticket is clipped and we are rescued from this miserable existence of trial and temptation.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the religious world is about to end soon. And that the atheists will inherit the earth.

peace and love

[quote][/quote]
Re: A Cult Leader Says He Would Do It Again by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:55am On Mar 29, 2010
cool cool cool
Ogaga4Luv:

[b]@Mantraa
You are right 100% dear,you quote it right. cheesy.
you see the world is changing everyday by day!,and very some the atheist are going to take over.,the Religious world is coming to an end in short time. cool cool cool cool cool cool

u see ,many nations of the world have their own believe and how they view this Life!
i can say 60% of the world does not believe there is god.
mantraa,all this happening are signs of great changes that will take place on planert earth.Satan has been preparing for this moment and he has converted many to his side.666 is coming soon and i can prove it!,im Satanist as friend in the church(CHURCH OF SATAN.they are really preparing for this and mostly to deal with the christians worldwide,they have already taken the decision!,they are already Welcome to HELL.,so they take human as an animal,they love killing spiriyually & phisically,im a christian but, eh eh!
the world is a game gurl, it's like afootball game ,and you gat to play your roll well in the field!,play to Win and let every one see you with the cup.many christians are just wasting there time,God saves there soul that day!!,and for those pretenders and tricker in the church just claiming, HA! save my Rugged identity!!!!!!!!SATAN,.you have to arrange your self very well since you already know fellow naija grin.i dont wanna put my foot in two boat same time,all else, you shall fall in the water in they move!,I dont wanna serve two masters same time, who is the real god?
why are the christians suffering, and wont understand what is Life!,the fastest bussiness in the world to gain easy money is in the church!,i tell you satan has been keeping there busy with bussiness,every sunday you do offerings,where are the money going to,GOD?
We christians are the most wicked being on earth!,majority just cover up with church and in the name of JESUS_CHRIST!!!!!!.but fowl yanch go blow open one day.HAIL SATAN, !!!!![[/
b] quote author=mantraa link=topic=208168.msg3234125#msg3234125 date=1229479897]

peace and love

(1) (Reply)

Why Didn't Jesus Write A Book Before He Died? / Thought For Today / Is Polygamous Christian Fit For Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.