Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Amorc Is Not A Cult - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amorc Is Not A Cult (59798 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amorc Is Not A Cult by teena(f): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2006
Contrary to my childhood belief, one of my Uncles who is an Amorc member told me that AMORC is just like every other religion and not a cult. The main xteristics bn that they explore the earth and tend to know more than the ordinary person.

Plz I need your views.

2 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Aggressa(m): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2006
@Teena, grin
Yes, the Ancient Mystical Order of the Rosci Crusci is not a cult but a social club, grin Maybe you need to ask your Uncle what is the meaning of a 'cult' because he might have a definition different from the rest of us. Just look at the name of AMORC as a starter, then tell your Uncle you will like to join them (just jiving), ask him for the entry requirments if you qualify grin, if it as open as going to a church or house fellowship grin etc, then decide for yourself and come back and post your findings. That is called research my dear. Waiting for your findings

On the other hand and seriously now, I will advise you if you are serious about the question, to ask your parents and/or your pastor if you are a christian. I am very sure they will tell you AMORC is an ancient cult, the ultimate focus is on power and position among others. Stay away, my dear.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Oracle(m): 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
Well, i don't really know about this AMORC and this may be a chance to get to know what itz all about.

Can someone tell me please?
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by teena(f): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2006
@ Havila, thanks my dear for your kind reply.

ask him for the entry requirments if you qualify , if it as open as going to a church or house fellowship  etc, then decide for yourself and come back and post your findings,

Actually, any time I and my 2nd cousin visited there temple in those days (temple is what they call their place of worship), we 'll not be allowed to enter inside.

They will tell us that for us to be members, we need some kind of initiation and I didnt want to enquire more because as at that time, that my uncle was training me in school and I didnt want to get biased.

PLZ I NEED MORE POSTING

1 Like

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by slashcuff(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2006
I own view, I believe any Religion that can't be done openly, freely is not of God, Freely in the sense that They don't ask for any form of initiation b4 membership. So dear brother stay clear just as Havilla has advised.

2 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Wumine(f): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2006
slashcuff:

I own view, I believe any Religion that can't be done openly, freely is not of God, Freely in the sense that They don't ask for any form of initiation before membership. So dear brother stay clear just as Havilla has advised.

yes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by woleprof(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
ARMOC, hmmmmmm

my uncle a retired military officer (a one time member of the Roccicrutian) just finished telling me about the powerful and dreaded cult.

he warned me to be careful about what i say concerning them. (which i wil adhere to here). The H/Q is located at califonia in the US and Calabar in NIgeria. It is solely for those with wide heart and daring concience. Somethin about htis cult is, you should be ready to read, study and do reasearch properly, because most of their deed are baical on reading and findings.

Connection is paramount, cos the mighty in the society and indeed the world over are member of this cult.

*brb for more*
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by cheavroi(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2006
yes amorc is a cult,and even to becomes a member of a church u need to be baptised which in a way is a form of initiation.i generally think everything is a cult stuff
even the military

3 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by feelgood(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2006
Amorc is not a cult, yeah. That's true. Just as Atiku is an honest and largely misunderstood person
and Obj a virgin.
Have you heard? Ogboni is a gathering of scientists researching on how to make the world a better place.

Anyone got any cute questions out there?

Be cool ya all, be cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Aggressa(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2006
feelgood:

Amorc is not a cult, yeah. That's true. Just as Atiku is an honest and largely misunderstood person
and Obj a virgin.

Have you heard? Ogboni is a gathering of scientists researching on how to make the world a better place.
Be cool ya all, be cool

@Feelgood,
grin grin Brilliant rethorical statements there, brother.

cheavroi:

yes amorc is a cult,and even to becomes a member of a church u need to be baptised which in a way is a form of initiation.i generally think everything is a cult stuff even the military

@Cheavroi,
I am sure you are one of those believers in conspiracy theories, aliens from space, the order of the illuminati etc,,,, Whatever!! But which church says u need to be baptised to be a 'member'? Not even orthodox churches, do you know what baptism really is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by churchmann: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2008
i was recently send the Mastery Of Life from Amorc here in Ghana,i have a friend who is a member but he don't tell me any thing about it he is rich yes, but all he say is AMORC so he took me there and i was given the booklet, so now i want to know more about this people,please if any one something about them can u kindly advice me about it,over the net and in their web site amorc.org there is nothing bad there every thing there is good and simple.

Please can some say something about it without any copy and past
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by redsun(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2008
Find out for yourself,don't be afraid of knowing,knowledge sets you free.There is no big deal about amorc or any other so-called cults,it is just a click of like minded people going about things their own ways.

Don't close your mind,that is what organize religions do to you,they restrain you from seeing or thinking outside the box.All rules and regulations are made by man.

http://www.amorc.org.uk/

2 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by churchmann: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2008
redsun u were too short in ur writing pls can u come again and tell me before i take the step,but some say they r bad people,pls i am sure u can tell me more,in their web site everything there is just too good i am confuse
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by krisbobo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Churchman
I think people have given you enough info and it would take only a memeber to give you more. You have their website, go there and see if your questions can be answered. The definition of a 'cult' can be very interesting as someone like me who's irreligious would term most religions as cults. There's also a difference between cults and that whichis occultic.

I have a few friends who are members of AMORC and he's what I can tell from my discussuons with them:

1. their study is mainly through booklets called Monographs.
2. They pay a yearly due and your membersghip is only guaranteed as long as you are in good financial standing
3. some members never go to the temple as you can be a member without ever meeting another member. All correcpondece is via post.
4. It is mainly a philosophycal and mystical organisation and members are thought to be the best they can be in other for them to make meaninful contributions to humanity.
5. Service to humanity is a core part of the order.
6. They tend to be quiet and rarely talk about their affilation. I have learnt this from my friends who are members; I knew them for so long and never knew what they were.
7. The average member is religious, either christain or muslim.
8. Some of the people who are regarded as the best leaders in Nigeria were/are members. Awolowo, Zik, Bola Ige were known publicly as members, at least so say my friends.
9. Reincarnation and reagards for the law of Karma are core parts of their knowledge.

Dude, this is all I can say from my irreligious position o!!!
Goodluck if you wish to know more, let us know what you find out.
BTW, they normally say something like, "Every true seeker will be led to the path of light."
All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by churchmann: 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2008
krisbobo

thks but why is it that they want to initiate first before becoming a member, yes u r right they do all by post i got a mail from them by post,what i don't understand is that they said nothing bad in their web site,my friend who took me there was a poor man but now out of sudden is a rich man with no job even right now that i am writing to u he is a rich man and the most popular even in our area,what he say to us his friends is just Amorc,pls can u tell me more if u don't mind
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by krisbobo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2008
@churchman
I would have loved to tell you more but thats what I know.

I would ask my friends for more info and let you know if I heard anythiong useful.
BTW, did they ask you to be initiated in the booklet you said you got? is is The Mastery of Life? I have read that booklet and it says nothing about initiation.

About your rich friend: if he has suddenly got rich and he has no clear means of income, better be careful. My friends are not rich, in fact i am btter of than both of them! What thye seem to have is contentment and less need for material things, and one of them is quite advanced in his studies, maybe this your friend needs to explain is source of income or as I am not sure that joining Amorc is a guarantee for wealth.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by churchmann: 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2008
thks very much i am now clear i can say i am now found i thk u very much i think is for me now to make the choice, No the booklet never say a thing like that i must affirm.But my friend told me that we was initiate before his life got change, any way i think ur last post has my answer once more i say thks.But will u mind to check again in the week if any other thing i will let u know too.but as for now i am ok and thks very much, I am in Ghana
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2008
Dear All,

I am happy seekers trying to find the truth about AMORC.  Research on AMORC is very difficult since AMORC does not permit any dissenting opinion from its members.  A research carry no meaning if all are from one source(The followers of AMORC).

I came accross a blog that give another side of AMORC.  It is from a 24-years member of AMORC.  But I am guessing it will not be around for long since this is an organization that is good at repressing any criticism of their group.

Here it is.  Please listen to his side of the story.

http://www.theprisonerofamorc.typepad.com/

Good luck in your search on AMORC.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Gamine(f): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2008
lolol

not a Cult

Hahahaha
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Pepeye(f): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2008
Gamine:

lolol

not a Cult

Hahahaha

How would you know are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 5:50am On Nov 24, 2008
Dear All,

Also visit this website:

www.theprisonerofamorc.com

or

www.theprisonerofsanjose.com

A friend pointed me to them. It is amazing to learn the truth about AMORC.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 5:51am On Nov 24, 2008
Dear All,

Also visit this website:

or

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Gamine(f): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2008
@Pepeye

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
what is the definition of a cult?

A cult is group of individual who believe in the existence of a suprenatural being.

With this definition, you can have a conclusion.

The mistake most make is comparing[b] cult [/b] and occult. they are two separate entities
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by carloshodi: 10:41am On Jan 12, 2009
Every true seeker will be led to the path of light! The true Seeker is an corporeal being with an Incorporeal Soul, that which aligns with the Divinity and Humanity in soulflux. Herein, the true Seek do't to be free from the immaterial conscience of the world of matter itself. For out of this the uniqueness of the karmaic exulberance is a certainty.

The Rosicrucian Order Dates back to the "Eben Shethiyah - Foundation Stone" Organized by Thothmes III Pharoh of Egypt in 1447 BC, and reorganized by his great-grand Son Amehotep (Akhenaton) The Great - Who again was the first Citizen of The world as Regarded by Many Religious, and mystical historians of Repute. With time, it dissentigrated to what became known as the Mystery School of Mount Carmel, because in 1378, The mystery school was Open to Members and closed to the World. Foremost members of these Ancient Order are Elijah, Moses. In Oriental times, within the late part of Christ, as the Great White Brotherhood of Egypt, and was has branch in Palestine in those days known as the Essenes, those Sect of Nazarenes, Nazarites that were closer to the Mystery School at Carmel, these Sects were caretakeers of The School, where wherefore Rich in Divine Knowledge and personalities.

Although Permit not to be tempted to research these findings in books such as will be found in bookshops, for only the true seeker dot findeth the realities of these informations in the light of reasoning, and in the right proportion, education and initiation.

As reiterated, let my readers made aware that, there were branches of the Supreme Great White Brotherhood in Various Lands, called by different names, but who pays allegiance to the Grand Order in Egypt, East Coast where the Dead scrolls was founded. It will also Shock my Reader for the first time, especially the Christians that going back to the Bible again and again will be vital, the discovery who christ was will be made paramouth. In Palestine at that time, the Name of the Great White Brotherhood was Called the Sect of Essenes, for they were mainly Aramaic, Heathens, and Aryans from Hamoth.

The Perfect Links.

Great White Brotherhood - Mystery School of Mount Carmel - Essenes - Ancient and Mystic Order of Rosae Crucis.

With this Links, the Adept will turn to find the true picture of the mystry school in our contemporary time.

Alot of People today see AMORC in different perspective, and it is no doubt that some others join the Order for seeming wealth, due to what information that has been gathered over time. The Order is not involved in some ritualistic money making machine, It is concerned with Discovering the God-Persons, the Teaching of the so many great Avatars (Sons Of God) that has ascended into the heights of many planes, and has illuminated to become free Souls in the Gathering of the evolving pureness of the Monotheistic pictures of the one true God. In the Teaching of the Great Avatars, it is known from ages right from the days of Thothmes III, the Founder of the great dynasty of Egypt, and the Great Grand Father of Akhanaton, another Son of God in its time. The Aim of the AMORC is to use this teachings to master the true service to Humanity, and the attainment of great service. Jesus - (Joseph) also made use of these Mystery school ( this will shock my Readers), Yes, he was a great Student and a Teachers of the Great White Brotherhood, Udraka - A Great Hindu Healer one of Joseph - Jesus Teachers/Master in India - Jagannath (present day Puri) Teachers, made mentioned about the wonders and the many tribulations (Drinking from the Bitter Water), the Master Jesus was face with.

So many other sons of God before Christ used this Knowledge the AMORC have today to provide undiluted services to humanity through healings, and other numerous services to Humanity. When you seek this first in your inner consciousness, then wealth, and blessings of Karma itself will rush to you, and you will be famous, whatever you want. Master Jesus said so himself. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and every other thing will be added. We Must seek to discover our inner connections, help humanity and be free from the curses and implications of Karma. I don't know what the Author of the "Prisoner of San Jose" did discovered, but whatever potency had did decide to allure was best known to him and his readers. In the life of the many evolved and Asscended Masters, there is a four Cardinal Point and this is Justice, Faith, Truth and Love. When one posseses this in our contemporary time. Then As a true Travel of light, truth and love, your soul will be open to the very pureness of heavens, gifts - Wealth and Fame will be accosted to you. Only the true Traveler knows whence they go, and whence they come.

In the Rosicrucian Records, Many Discovery of the World today where amazingly done by those who were Students of this same Order. Alexandria Graham Bell - Founder of Telephone, Albert Eisten, Michael Faraday Electricity, Rene Descartes - Father of Modern Philosophy, Francis Becon, President Franklin Rossevet, Abraham Lincoln, Isaac Newton, Henry Becquare - X-ray to name but a few. They made use of the Sound Information contained in the Sacred Archives of AMORC from old age presentation, and this unfoldment was responsible for distinguished Men and Women in the Society to prove worthy to be of service to humanity, and they were in their own time and places. In Contemporary Africa, Zik, Awo, Bola Ige etc have been distingiushed, and were all of service to humanity.

The Rosicrucians is not some occult as you call it. With the exemplary defination given by one contributor in this forum, it is true of what he said about Cult and Order, as they are same in some parlance, but different in syntax and the actual use of the word in Rosicrucian Meanings and Language.

More will be Said with the Questions that will be raised.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2009
Hi All,

I came accross this press release on AMORC. Pierre Freeman is releasing a second book.

It seems like all the experiments of AMORC are included in his book. Including how someone can become invisible.

Your thought!

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/amorc-unmasked-reveals-mind-control-techniques-secret-doctrines-home-religious-study-cult-23595

AMORC Unmasked Reveals Mind Control Techniques and Secret Doctrines of Home Religious Study Cult
ShareThis
How AMORC Creates Hypnotic Platform for Hallucination and Self-Deception
NEW YORK, July 30, 2009 — Pierre S. Freeman, a determined expatriate and whistleblower of the Ancient and Mystic Order of Rosae Crucis, or AMORC, reveals his firsthand knowledge of the disturbing mind control protocol of the so-called Rosicrucian Order in a new book titled AMORC Unmasked. For the first time, Freeman unfolds the incredible details and methodology of the step-by-step hypnotic program of the secret order known for its flamboyant mystical recruiting style and its colorful, Egyptian-styled headquarters in San Jose, California.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by naijaking1: 2:41am On Aug 03, 2009
If you pay monthly fee to be a member, why is it hard for people to simply quit by not paying?
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by kolaoloye(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
enitan2002:

what is the definition of a cult?

A cult is group of individual who believe in the existence of a suprenatural being.

With this definition, you can have a conclusion.

The mistake most make is comparing[b] cult [/b] and occult. they are two separate entities
Plz kindly define occult for me so that i can conclude . Thank you.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2009
Here's a link to the definition you want:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/occult
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by kuntagunit(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
There is nothing anybody can tell you for you to be satisfied, you need to go out there and find out for yourself. There is nothing to be afraid of, you re a man so go out and see for your self.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by naijaking1: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
4amorc:

Dear All,
Also visit this website:

or

I did a little research about Pierre S. Freeman, and here's what I found:

1. He claims a 24 year old affilition with AMORC
2. He's a Haitian immigrant living in North Dakota
3. He was an engineering student in Haiti prior to going to America
4. He claims to have spent too much time reading AMORC books that his engineering objective suffered
5. Like many immigrants just coming to America , he suffered a great deal in his new environment
6. At a time, he lost his job, his wife, and his house
7. He was homeless for a while
8. He is working on a Ph.D at North Dakota state university as at 2007
9. Like in Nigeria, AMORC is popular with Haitians
10.Mr. Freeman relections on AMORC started after he encountered many life challanges (homelessnes, unemployement, poverty, and divorce)

1 Like

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by mamag3: 1:18am On Aug 04, 2009
What is Amorc in the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Holy-Aruosa Cathedral Church: Oba Of Benin Is General Overseer / Dr Olukoya's Prophecies For 2021 / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.