Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? (2314 Views)

Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Husband's Or Boyfriend's Reaction When You Told Him You Were Pregnant / Your Husband Or Wife's Best Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? by Ilelobola: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2008
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I experienced morning sickness, extreme tiredness and feeling of being nauseous though rarely actually physically sick. I had to eat small quanities of food several times a day to quell it, which I think made my husband think I was not really unwell if I could eat! I may be wrong. His sister had recently had a baby and she did not experience morning sickness, lucky for her but we ain't all the same. He always told me how I couldn't have had a more tiring day than him whenever I mention I'm tired (he is not a labourer and all he does is go to his office work and gym oh and calls on his way from the gym if there's dinner!) and some other snide remarks that irritated me. He never stood in a packed train where people don't give up their seats because you are not showing.

I wonder what other women's experiences have been with their partners as most of my friends have similar complaints.

And since I seem to have recovered from his inconsiderate attitude, what is the ideal age gap between children, if any?
Re: How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? by mohawkchic(f): 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2008
Ilelobola:

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I experienced morning sickness, extreme tiredness and feeling of being nauseous though rarely actually physically sick. I had to eat small quanities of food several times a day to quell it, which I think made my husband think I was not really unwell if I could eat! I may be wrong. His sister had recently had a baby and she did not experience morning sickness, lucky for her but we ain't all the same. He always told me how I couldn't have had a more tiring day than him whenever I mention I'm tired (he is not a labourer and all he does is go to his office work and gym oh and calls on his way from the gym if there's dinner!) and some other snide remarks that irritated me. He never stood in a packed train where people don't give up their seats because you are not showing. I wonder what other women's experiences have been with their partners as most of my friends have similar complaints.

And since I seem to have recovered from his inconsiderate attitude, what is the ideal age gap between children, if any?

~Aaaw  cheesy

~Mine was Very Considerate!!Truth be told i was the Inconsiderate one!! embarassed Sometimes,I didnt burge out of that sofa/bed. . . i had him getting me water,making sandwiches,rubbing my swollen Ankles,my Back,Bump,get my supply of Uncooked Rice to chew  cheesy ~When my ankles were swollen,he'll walk w/ me every other evening to bring the swelling down,he made me my favourite Cucumber & Tomato sandwhiches . . .

~I was milking the attension through out the preggy b/c i knew once baby arrives,i'll be doing a lot more than him cheesy - it was almost as if he owed it to me for getting me knocked up!! grin If it was possible,i would have let him pee for me too grin  those numerous trips to the toilet wasnt fun at all!! I was a right fussy ole cow!!

~ I mentioned before on "First Pregnancy,First Labor,First Baby" Thread how i couldnt stand the smell of certain foods while i was pregnant in/out of the house,so he had to eat out since my "No-Smell-Of food-In-The-House" thing came over me & he didnt kick a fuss about it!! He wasnt pleased about eating take-outs through out but he didint have a choice!!

~The one thing he did that i still laff about is his first attempt to cook for me!! Never ever Again!!- Very early on in my pregnancy, i had this craving for Peanut Butter Stew,even tho he's never cooked since i've known him,i assumed w/ me giving a step by step "How To Guide" . . .all he had to do was bring everything to boil & Viola  cheesy The aroma of the food,kept my mouth watery & eager for the food,only for him to say he's done cooking & when i dipped the spoon to scope the watery sauce,i wasnt too put off by it,i was starving by now . . .  out came some humongous sliced oninons  shocked The sight of those oninons had me looking at the bottom of the loo angry

~ Don't think he was best pleased about my reaction to his efforts,but hey . . whats a preggy wooman to do!?! grin

~I've only got the one child . . Not thinking of Putting "S" on K-i-D!!
Re: How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2008
LOL
mine is so so considerate,hes infact preggie.We used to be living in different countries though we are together now and my oh my! hes spoiling me silly kiss he bathes me,prepares breakfast before i wake and if and when i wake and decides am not going to eat what hes prepared,he gets me exactly what i want.i practically don't lift a finger around the house,he says i have to get strong for "pushing" lol
its so sweet being pregnant grin
Re: How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? by Ilelobola: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2008
Guess you are the lucky ones. Well done to your partners. I remember asking him to massage my knees but he wasn't ready for 15 minutes. He told me he was making a list of what he was getting for the christening. I was so upset, I had to forgo the massage. I'm sending him a link to this thread, hopefully he'll be better with No 2 especially as there's a no 1. As far as he's concerned, he's the best husband a pregnant woman could ask for ,

(1) (Reply)

Court Marriage! / I Do Not Want My Father To Walk Me Down The Aisle / My Mum Is Overdoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.