Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. (3951 Views)

Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 / Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by mrofficial(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
grin grin

Satan must be tripping for GEJ.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
person wey nor see shoe wear get money to buy milk drink tea?

you once fooled us we're wiser now *tongue*

22 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by eleko1: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
undecided anoda tales of he nor get shoes.Swindler

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by dunkem21(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
SSSSHHHHHH.

I was there live. He said in 1983/84, they were made to queue to buy two tins of milk.

He then asked, do you want to go back to those days and the crowd shouted in unison ..NO!

GEJ finished work and finished the opposition.

Am coming, keep your fingers crossed

..am so happy today.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by YEMOYEMI: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
This una man called Jonathan must really be a f00l with all am reading him say. He is supposed to be a president of a country for crying out loud.

Why is he vomitting like an ediot please?

11 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by eleko1: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
I tire oooo.Wonder if mama peace milk has expired then.Scammer
Yungwizzzy:
person wey nor see shoe wear get money to buy milk drink tea?

you once fooled us we're wiser now *tongue*
Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
YEMOYEMI:
This una man called Jonathan must really be a f00l with all am reading him say. He is supposed to be a president of a country for crying out loud.

Cry me a river!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by rozayx5(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
my dad told me same, sugar, milk and so many other things were scarce, sad

flogging on the streets. all the newspapers kept quiet, it must have been hell for them sad

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
rozayx5:
my dad told me same, sugar, milk and so many other things were scarce, sad

flogging on the streets. all the newspapers kept quiet, it must have been hell for them sad
my dad told me same thing,villagers call it otalishi,things were too hard,borders were closed

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Akinsz: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
The man is weak and too petty i must say. He was just blabbing all over.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by taharqa: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
So many of you kids do't kn ow that during those DARK 2 Buhari years, Nigerians had to queue in other to get essential commodities??

Make una ask una parents na?

Why do you t hin k most adults dislike and fear Buhari??

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Adminisher: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
eleko1:
undecided anoda tales of he nor get shoes.Swindler

I am an APC supporter but on this story of queues for commodities he did not a lie. The only problem is that he was criticizing something that was good and most Nigerians supported.
The Story:
NPN the rulling party before Buhari regime had looted treasury, oil prices were also down to $35 a barrel due to the international manipulations and foreign exchange was scarce. Buhari and Idiagbon were not going take foreign loans and devalue the currency. They were so sure that the problem of foreign exchange was a temporary one and could always be rode through that they rationed foreign exchange and all imported consumer goods had to be rationed. They also started partnering with local manufacturers Nestle, Cadburys, st.c to expand local manufacturing capacity.

So Jonathan is right, we queued but unlike him we liked it because we knew our naira was just N2 to the $1 and that all the ''essential commodities" were soon to be made in Nigeria. Anyway, IBB came later and destroyed everything and the entire country.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by nogames: 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mr president was economical with the truth here, yes he may queued for Milk in 1983, but what he refuse to tell us is that, he queued for government subsidized ( awufu) milk

11 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by chamboy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jonah Bleep up big time. Y would u critise queuing system soo everyone should rush and later dey would b casualties...
Mr President is no different from the Ppl that criticise the ban of okoda from highway in lagos , Go to State Hospitals to see/hear how okoda Accidents cases has reduced

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by gen2briz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ lie pass lair.......
How person wey no get shoe take see money to buy milk.

SAI BUHARI till gej comes out to thank Nigerians for giving him shoes.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by mrjingles(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
The man is absolutely correct! Just Google the word 'essential commodity' GMB instituted price controls after confiscating private stocks because businesses were "hoarding" this drove goods off the shelves and the only available source was govt controlled products. People queued like it was USSR (same rubbish is happening in Venezuela)

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by mrjingles(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
chamboy:
Jonah Bleep up big time. Y would u critise queuing system soo everyone should rush and later dey would b casualties...
Mr President is no different from the Ppl that criticise the ban of okoda from highway in lagos , Go to State Hospitals to see/hear how okoda Accidents cases has reduced
Obviously you fail to understand the thrust of his argument.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by chamboy(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
mrjingles:

Obviously you fail to understand the thrust of his argument.
What nonsense Thrust of Argument. Explain or keep shut for life

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
You were not able to afford shoe , how you take manage to afford milk?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by eleko1: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
You are so on point,God bless U.I'm aware of d scenario but Jona is trying to use the issue then to paint BUHARI in bad light,he should tell us the whereabouts the missing $20 and the FR money left by OBJ/Yar Adua and not milk issue.Bet,can somebody who can't afford to buy shoes buy milk?
Adminisher:

I am an APC supporter but on this story of queues for commodities he did not a lie. The only problem is that he was criticizing something that was good and most Nigerians supported.
The Story:
NPN the rulling party before Buhari regime had looted treasury, oil prices were also down to $35 a barrel due to the international manipulations and foreign exchange was scarce. Buhari and Idiagbon were not going take foreign loans and devalue the currency. They were so sure that the problem of foreign exchange was a temporary one and could always be rode through that they rationed foreign exchange and all imported consumer goods had to be rationed. They also started partnering with local manufacturers Nestle, Cadburys, st.c to expand local manufacturing capacity.

So Jonathan is right, we queued but unlike him we liked it because we knew our naira was just N2 to the $1 and that all the ''essential commodities" were soon to be made in Nigeria. Anyway, IBB came later and destroyed everything and the entire country.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by vedaxcool(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Bastard okugbe trained Jonathan, bastard okugbe will say to the satan, see how I arose a reprobate liar who queued for 2 days all to buy milk!
Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by mogentle(m): 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ is a liar, he queued for subsidized and very cheap milk,rice and others. For govt to even share milk then in order to protect economy and naira which was about #2 to $1, that means such govt was future conscious. GEJ goofed again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Collynzo9: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
chamboy:

You be big big mumu.
I hope you stand on queue for hours the next time you go out to buy a household item.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by chamboy(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

You be big big mumu.
I hope you stand on queue for hours the next time you go out to buy a household item.
if ppl that wanna buy is much, I should rush like motor park Tout bah, Wat r u saying mumu

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Collynzo9: 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
chamboy:
if ppl that wanna buy is much, I should rush like motor park Tout bah, Wat r u saying mumu
You are a grade one bellend.
So you are happy with a country where basic commodities are so scarce that you have to waste several hours of your productive time queuing to get them?
Why should you queue to get bread or soap?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Ngwakwe: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
nogames:
Mr president was economical with the truth here, yes he may queued for Milk in 1983, but what he refuse to tell us is that, he queued for government subsidized ( awufu) milk

What do you mean?

Buhari sent his Karki boys to invade retail shops in Aba to sell "daily need items" from private shops at a price they deemed justified.

The truth is that he never invaded nor negotiated with companies and suppliers to force controlled prices rather they used koboko on poor retailers thereby forcing most Stores to sell at night or through back doors.

As a result of the threats from the karki boys most shops ran out of supplies or refused to restock for fear of Soldiers who lacked simple knowledge of economics.

The result was scarcity upon scarcity.

We really suffered.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by chamboy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

You are a grade one bellend.
So you are happy with a country where basic commodities are so scarce that you have to waste several hours of your productive time queuing to get them?
Why should you queue to get bread or soap?
it was scarce Y, Buhari chop am or kept in his home, It was scarce because illegal price wasn't allowed.. Wake Up n Stop supporting Mediocre

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by Akpan107(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
mogentle:
GEJ is a liar, he queued for subsidized and very cheap milk,rice and others. For govt to even share milk then in order to protect economy and naira which was about #2 to $1, that means such govt was future conscious. GEJ goofed again.
GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by MansaMoussa: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
US Citizens queueing up for food stamps! I bet Buhari was responsible for that too!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by aurenflani: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

You be big big mumu.

No wonder gej's immigration - the job seekers in Abuja died of stampede.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. by vanunu: 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
YEMOYEMI:

Ask any elderly person, they will tell u that milk and sugar were a scarce commodity during buhari's time in 1984, it was nly the govt owned national supply company that was rationing rice, sugar and other essential commodities, if you are caught selling sugar in your store, u will be arrested and jail by the military without trial.

Store like utc, kingsway, leventis etc, closed down because there was nothing to sell. Goods like perfume and wine were termed luxury by buhari and banned, anybody that was found with these goods, was jailed.

There was price control, whereby only the military will fix prices of goods for traders. If u are caught selling above the stated price, all the goods in ur shop will be auctioned.

I laugh the fans of this empty old guard, the most surely regret their action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PROPOSED BUHARI'S IMPEACHMENT: An Exercise In Futility / Destination Of Seized Pump Action Rifles / Letter To Senate President Of Buhari's Extended Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.