Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays (727 Views)

Tomato Scarcity : Has Anyone Used Dried Tomatoes For Stew? / While A Kid,99% Adults Of nowadays Took This.I Stand To Be Corrected / Food Scarcity Looms In Prisons Over N6bn Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays by ProfGday(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
Another weekend is here again,trust Nigerians they must party in one way or the other.That matter aside! There is something bothersome about serving food in social functions this days.Ask me what is it? Is nothing serious but my little observation about the habit of serving solid food(eba,semo,pounded yam,tuwo,amala etcetera etcetera)with a meagre soup.
Imagine serving two raps of Amala with a melon soup that is so little to finish half of a rap of amala! Can these ppu be optimising their gain? or they are not up to the task of satisfying their guests due to economic recession?
Don't see me as a glutton,i'm not one.But this habit has bcome a trend in our society today.
What do u think is responsible for this social trend? Await your comments.
Re: Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays by Redoil: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
But Yoruba party are fond of serving a lot of soup for most of their soup are always watery i.e omi obe.
All they need to do is to gauge the amount of people in the party and then augment the soup with large buckets of water plenty maggi and plenty salt with small redoil epo pupa.
Re: Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays by ProfGday(m): 4:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Redoil:
But Yoruba party are fond of serving a lot of soup for most of their soup are always watery i.e omi obe.
All they need to do is to gauge the amount of people in the party and then augment the soup with large buckets of water plenty maggi and plenty salt with small redoil epo pupa.
serving alot of soup ke? That was a long time ago............. you hardly see dat today.
Re: Soup-scarcity @ Social Functions Nowadays by Pavore9: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Maybe they want you to take the lett-over swallow as take-away!

(1) (Reply)

Do U Cook On Valentines Day Or U Eat Out? Easy Valentines Meal Recipe / Tips On Having A Balanced Diet / Coconut Oil The Healthiest Oil On Earth! Replace Olive Oil With Coconut Oil!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.