Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions (614 Views)

Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children / A Family Of 11 With, 4 Sets Of Identical Twins And A Son / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by jendy36(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Imagine growing up in a family of Muslim father and Jewish mother. Dad supporting mum during Jewish passover and mum supporting dad during Muslim Ramadan.

Imagine the only two kids going to Muslim mosque and a Jewish school.

Praying namaz(the Muslim's five ceremonial prayers) at home and joining Jewish prayers later in the day.

And finally, the kids Joining Christianity, whereby Christmas is involved. Will they get support during such season?

If not that they learnt the truth that Christmas is not biblical, how will they have coped? Three religious group in a single monogamous family.

Suggestions pls

As for me, I don't celebrate Christmas!!!!!
Re: How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
It feels sexy
Re: How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by taiocol: 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
The best, one is a Christian and the other a traditional/Christian.

While am just a free thinker
Re: How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by KanwuliaJara: 4:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Religion never defined my life.
Even being raised in a so-called 'CHRISTIAN' home. . . with 2 different forms of 'Christianity'.
Father = Anglican, mother = Catholic.

I ditched both. . . and EVERY OTHER!
Problem solved!
Life has been very peaceful ever since!
I don't have to put up with RELIGIOUS BIGOTS!

Amen! kiss
Re: How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by LordReed(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2015
Growing up with Muslim, Catholic, White garment church, Apostolic and AMORC members of family taught me that we are first of all human beings before any other thing we choose and that we can still have fun and live together despite our differences.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Like Growing Up In A Family Of Different Religions by jendy36(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2015
The worst part of it is the difference in beliefs...such as believe in a creator and evolution.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Question / How Does People Born On February 29 Celebrates Her Birthday? / The New Africamagic Igbo Channel#amigbodstvch159

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.