Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam (9215 Views)

Poll: 34% Of Nigerian Muslims Support Suicide Attacks / Sunni VS Shia And The Trouble With Islam / Why Is Violence Associated With Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Archmage(m): 4:09am On Jan 09, 2015
If one of those who intended to carry out a suicide attack were to be asked, “Why have you chosen this path?” he would probably say that he was doing this in the name of Islam, since he has been educated with false information and was ignorant of true Qur’anic values such as forgiveness, peace and love.

Yet committing suicide, and thus taking part in suicide attacks - and particularly taking the lives of innocent people in the process - is a blatant violation of the values of Islam; indeed, it is no secret to anyone that suicide is explicitly forbidden in the Qur'an (Surat an-Nisa’, 29). It is therefore impossible for someone who says he believes in Allah and that he abides by the verses of the Qur’an to do such a thing. This is an outrage that only someone wrongly acquainted with the faith, ignorant of true Qur’anic moral values, unable to use his mind and conscience and who has been brainwashed with feelings of hatred and revenge could perpetrate. Everyone, Muslim or not, must oppose such actions.

Allah makes it obligatory in the Qur’an for Muslims to strive to spread goodness across the world and to put an end to evil. However, the means that Muslims are shown in order to bring this about is not “fighting.” On the contrary, they are told in the Qur’an to respond to evil with good and to encourage love, affection, tolerance, patience and goodness. Muslims have a responsibility to call on all mankind until peace, well-being and compassion reign across the world. In other words, Muslims’ struggle must be an intellectual one, not one involving bloodshed, killing or encouraging the taking of life. All Muslims who know the true values of the Qur’an are aware of this and preach the values of the Qur’an in this way. They tell people of the values of the Qur’an and summon them to live in peace by using all the means of modern technology, through books, magazines, films and conferences.

There is absolutely no room for hatred or terror in the moral values of Islam. It is unacceptable in Islam for suicide bombers to perpetrate such treacherous outrages against anyone, for any reason. People who commit such actions and claim to do so in the name of Islam are ignorant fanatics who act in the light of non-Qur’anic nonsense and misinterpretations and who have no idea of what it means to be a true Muslim.
http://www.harunyahya.com/en/Articles/196271

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by faqir(m): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2015
I am a muslim and I am not a terorist as islam denote peace. ISLAM AGAINST TERORISM

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by allisonluvsu(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2015
immediately i commented on this my profile was changed to a muslim. Admin please remove that from me please.

11 Likes

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by adeope12: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Jazakum llah khairan brother.
My name is Qudus and am not a terrorist cos Islam preaches peace

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by tommykiwi(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Am a Christian,I believe all Muslims r not terrorist!

15 Likes

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by briliantsak(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Masha'Allah

1 Like

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by mustymatic(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Muslims seem to lose either way . They are
constantly asked to apologise for crimes they
neither committed , nor supported . They, too , are
victims of the violence of extremists . Still , they are
asked to apologise and somehow atone for these
crimes that were committed in the name of their
religion. Then they must face the wrath of
extremists who attack them for refusing to
approve of the methods they view as the only way
to defend Islam.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by larrymoore(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2015
Only God can save the word.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Betboss(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by fxskye: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2015
No amount of propaganda & falsehood can bring down Islam.

God Almighty PROHIBITS anybody, irrespective of your faith to take live nor kill any soul unjust. So also suicide mission is NOT allowed in Islam.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by dimix200(m): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
I Am proud to be a Muslim... Alhamdulliahi.. barika.. jumaat

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by klickash077(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Thanks for the insightful post, the media has also contributed in misguiding the general public about Islam, as portrayed in movies.
I was perplexed when I overheard a colleague at work ask another colleague(a muslim) at work, if the latter goes around with a weapon simply because the former heard the call to prayer on the latter's phone. May Allah guide those that have soiled the name of Islam in the mud.
barka jumah to all muslim faithful

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Pavore9: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
l relate with every man and woman first as humans before religious affiliation. Though am Catholic but l have had the opportunity to work with people outside my Christian faith, who have shown me good people are not a monopoly of certain faith.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Bimpe29: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
Even from the Arabic meaning of Islam which is Peace does not support any mission or action short of Peace, Harmony, Love and Compassion. So, whoever does anything in the name of Islam or in the context of Islamic teachings and values to the contrary, is not and should not be considered as a Muslim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by true2god: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
allisonluvsu:
immediately i commented on this my profile was changed to a muslim. Admin please remove that from me please.
I am already a Nairaland muslim (e-muslim) and a living christian. So forget about that, dont limit your 'posting' capacity.

4 Likes

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Haywhymido(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Alhamdulilah, am a muslim. Islam is more dan a religion to me, it my way of life.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by tunapius(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
و١لله ١علم
Re: Suicide Attacks Are Incompatible With Islam by Kingharzyz(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
moshaa Allah

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Timeline Of Sectarian Terrorism Against Shia Muslims / Atheists, Allah is Your Creator. Repent, Bow And Stop Being Like Shaitan / Who Should Go To Hajj, Mum Or Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.