Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia (1968 Views)

Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 / Jonathan Blasts Buhari Over Corruption, Challenges Him. / Just Get Out Of My Sight, Jonathan Blasts Allison-Madueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by BOBBYTRICK: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2015
It looks like the prof has given the president his full support while
completely showing his dislike for Buhari
Read what he said about both presidential candidates below:

"There is something significant about Mr.
President.He is the first president without any ties
to the military mafia. All his children are in schools
here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a
skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will
tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey
building.
"I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal
change from before and if we cannot find a better,
young alternative, then we must remain with him
until we can groom someone better.This is no time
to go back to the military mafia and go back to our
vomit
"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2015
BOBBYTRICK:

building.
vomit
"

Source? Coz TAN always credit stuffs to people who denied it later

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by resty4(m): 7:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Well spoken prof.
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Gbawe: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Source? Coz TAN always accredit stuffs to people who denied it later

There is no need to ask for source in relation to a blatant lie that has been recycled many times by TANdroids and discredited many times also. It is merely the manifestation of the desperations of TANdroids to steal 'endorsement' for GEJ. Total garbage that has nothing to do with Wole Soyinka.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by borntosave: 7:50am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 09, 2015
Gbawe:

There is no need to ask for source in relation to a blatant lie that has been recycled many times by TANdroids and discredited many times also. It is merely the manifestation of the desperations of TANdroids to steal 'endorsement' for GEJ. Total garbage that has nothing to do with Wole Soyinka.

And you know that this is a lie because?
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by chemali: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Are you TANOIDS not tired of dis lie?
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by BOBBYTRICK: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Gbawe: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

And you know that this is a lie because?

If you follow development properly you will know Wole Soyinka has issued angry rebuttals to lies from desperate minions of GEJ claiming Wole Soyinka supports the President. Soyinka has labelled supporters of GEJ “unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly” for peddling the sort of desperate and shameless falsehood you now bring here. Wole Soyinka is no fan of GEJ. HE has made this clear on many many occasions to include saying directly that GEJ continuing beyond 2015 is "ominous for Nigeria". These desperate lies fool no one but TAndroids themselves.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/04/soyinka-denounces-jonathan-support-group-over-fabricated-report

Soyinka Denounces Jonathan Support Group Over Fabricated Report

Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has strongly denounced one of the groups campaigning for President Goodluck Jonathan’s reelection for attributing a fabricated report to him. The offensive report, published online by the Jonathan group, was titled, “The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan – Prof. Wole Soyinka”.

The report quoted the Nobel laureate as stating, “If the United States citizens decide to be bombing the USA everyday and ready to die, there is nothing Obama can do about it. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do. The only thing he can do is to urge citizens to report bad people. If citizens refuse to report evil people then there is nothing anyone can do.”

The fabricated report, which is full of grammatical errors, continued: “Here in the USA in Chicago to be precise more than 10 people are killed everyday and that’s the same thing. I am only worried that this is Abuja.

President Jonathan’s support group further credited the professor with stating, “There are people in power in certain parts of the country, leaders, who quite genuinely and authoritatively hate and cannot tolerate any religion outside their own. When you combine that with the ambitions of a number of people who believe they are divinely endowed to rule the country and who believe that their religion is above whatever else binds the entire nation together, and somehow the power appears to slip from their hands, then they resort to the most extreme measures. Youths who have been indoctrinated right from infancy can be used, and who have been used, again and again to create mayhem in the country. Those who have created this faceless army have lost control.”

In a reaction obtained by SaharaReporters, an obviously outraged Professor Soyinka described the attempt by the “Goodluck Support Network” to link him to the spurious report as “unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly.”

He also stated that the group must be truly desperate to resort to despicable tactics of fabrication.

“This is an unscrupulous, disgusting and cowardly fabrication,” said Professor Soyinka, adding, ‘“The Goodluck Support Network’ must be truly desperate to resort to such despicable tactics.”

Campaign groups close to President Jonathan have notoriously cloned websites, including SaharaReporters.com, and attributed a series of false statements to various people in a bid to whip up sentiments against the president’s political opponents or to portray the president as the victim of a vast conspiracy by northern political groups.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Emperor007: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2015
We all want good change, not the type being falsely propagated by APC and its cronies.

Let's assume we've to make a choice between two bad options, since APC refused to present a better presidential candidate. Nigerians have to choose the " less bad option " ( settle for better option ), and that's GEJ.

Buhari ( GMB ) is not the type of change Nigerians clamour for, and would never perform better than GEJ.

The only reason APC gave Buhari the presidential ticket is because they think it would be the easiest way for them to return power to The North ( must be muslim Core North ), not that he's or would be a better alternative to GEJ.

Nigerians please vote wisely, GEJ for now is the only better & safer option left for us.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Emperor007: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ is still the better option for now.

Buhari ( GMB ) type or definition of change is not what we want.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Gbawe: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2015
The real feeling of Soyinka about GEJ laid bare below only in late 2014. TANdroid are unbelievably insane to then lie that Soyinka has ever endorsed or will ever endorse GEJ. Soyinka has never hidden his opinion about GEJ which is that he is a woeful President capable of destroying Nigeria. In fact Soyinka declares that GEJ is "unworthy of leadership" so I do not think TAndroids are going anywhere with these desperate and wild fabrications about Soyinka "backing" GEJ to continue after May 2015.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/soyinka-blasts-jonathan-for-condoning-impunity-likens-president-to-nebuchadnezzar.html

Soyinka Blasts Jonathan For “Unambiguously” Declaring War Against The People, Likens Him To King Nebuchadnezzar
Posted by: daniel December 3, 2014

President-Goodluck-Jonathan-Professor-Wole-SoyinkaNobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has berated President Goodluck Jonathan for condoning what he called a reign of impunity in the country, the latest being police siege on the National Assembly.

Prof. Soyinka also stated that the latest action of Mr. Suleiman Abba, the Inspector General of Police, against members of the House of Representatives was an “unambiguous” declaration of war against the people.
The Nobel Laureate, who made these assertions at a press conference titled “King Nebuchadnezzar – The Reign of Impunity”, in Lagos on Tuesday, said that the battle line had been drawn and Nigerians must choose whether to submit or resist to the current democratic dispensation.
“I shall not insist that the biblical figure of Nebuchadnezzar is uniquely apt for the pivotal figure of the ‘democratic’ history in the making at this moment,” said Mr. Soyinka. “For one thing, Nebu was a nation builder and a warrior. One could argue even more convincingly for the figure of Balthazar, his successor, or indeed Emperor Nero as reference point – you all remember him – the emperor who took to fiddling while Rome was burning.
“However you should easily recall why I opted for King Nebu – the figure that currently sits on the top of our political pile himself evoked it, albeit in a context that virtuously disclaimed any similarities, even tendencies. Perhaps he meant it at the time when he claimed: ‘I am no Nebuchadnezzar’. Perhaps not. One judges leaders on acts however, not pronouncements, which are often as reliable as electoral promises”.
Soyinka said that it was left for Nigerians to decide to revert to the “Abacharian status of glorified slaves.
“The praetorian guards have been let loose – to teach the rabble their place”, he said.
“The recent choice of a new leader for the guard was clearly no accident, and this hitherto unknown enforcer, one Suleiman Abba, has wasted no time in inaugurating a season of brutish power. When a people’s elected emissaries are disenfranchised, cast out like vagrants and resort to scaling fences to engage in their designated functions, the people get the message.
“However, the choice is always there, and each choice comes at a cost. It is either we pay now, or pay later”.
He also said that Mr. Jonathan had continued to surprise Nigerians in ways “few could have conjectured” and cited the split in the Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, to buttress his point.
“Peaking at his own personalised example where he set the law of arithmetic on its head – I refer to the split in the Governors’ Forum, and his ‘formal’ recognition of the minority will in a straightforward, peer election – democracy has been rendered meaningless where it should be most fervently exemplified.
“Nothing is more unworthy of leadership than to degrade a system by which one attains fulfilment, and this is what the nation has witnessed time and time again in various parts of the nation, the recent affront against the legislative chamber being only the most blatant and unconscionable…
“It is a warning. His choices for the occupancy of crucial public positions – such as the protective arm of the nation – constitutes an even more immediate and constant public alert. The signals are ominous – for and beyond 2015”.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Gbawe:

If you follow development properly you will know Wole Soyinka has issued angry rebuttal to lies from desperate minions of GEJ claiming Wole Soyinka supports the President. Wole Soyinka is no fan of GEJ. HE has made this clear on many many occasions to include saying directly that GEJ continuing beyond 2015 is "ominous for Nigeria".

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/04/soyinka-denounces-jonathan-support-group-over-fabricated-report

If you read my statement, you'll know that I know that-which is why I demanded for source. If you want to judge, listen to both sides. Let him produce his source before you judge
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Gbawe: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

If you read my statement, you'll know that I know that-which is why I demanded for source. If you want to judge, listen to both sides. Let him produce his source before you judge

This so-called endorsement of GEJ by Soyinka has been presented here verbatim several times and discredited several times also. This is old and desperate fabrications that has been discredited as many times as it has been reproduced. See for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2044113/soyinka-endorse-jonathan/1

https://www.nairaland.com/2044358/prof-wole-soyinka-endorses-goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Gbawe:

This so-called endorsement of GEJ by Soyinka has been presented here verbatim several times and discredited several times also. This is old and desperate fabrications that has been discredited as many times as it has been reproduced. See for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/2044113/soyinka-endorse-jonathan/1

https://www.nairaland.com/2044358/prof-wole-soyinka-endorses-goodluck

ok
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by chacoonder(m): 10:28am On Jan 09, 2015
The Soyinka I know will and can never make such a complimentary remark in favour of Gej....Another failed attempt from saTANist to solicit for our precious votes.#teambuhari2015

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by omenka(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2015
Over recycled old piece of crap.
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by francizy(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2015
To me, none of these candidates are good enough..

GEJ has his issues with Corruption which was what he inherited from past leaders (I will say that Babangida is the father of all corruption in Nigeria).

In GEJ's tenure, many people have loothed and spent the Nigerian money like it belongs to their fathers.

I won't blame insurgency and bombings on him because we all know that it is a northern agenda and a bid to reclaim government. For example, I can still recall their cries that their children (BH) are being killed by JTF and the military when FG decided to face BH head on.

GEJ privatised power destribution company in Nigeria, which is good, but only some areas in Nigeria are benefiting from that privatisation because I'm not.

GEJ constructed roads but many other roads are still a mess and death traps.

GEJ is working on Nigerian rail travel which is good but he hasn't done enough.

GEJ is flexing NGN 1.3M (if am not mistaken) meal on daily basis. This amount of money can feed all the poor people in a state per day.

GEJ has been known for reckless spending. Not good at all.

Under GEJ's administration, Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa in terms of GDP but about 80% Nigerians are still living in poverty. So why isn't this GDP of a thing converted to job creation and stuffs, just like South Africa did?

I can't mention all because they are numerous..

For GMB,

Buhari fought corruption. We all know that this man is tribal/religious biased, evident is how he jailed non Hausa/Fulani Muslims but chose to pardon or place his people under house arrest. You'll hardly hear of an Hausa/Fulani Muslim jailed during this man's rule but he jailed mostly Yoruba people (eg. Fela, didn't know if Fela embezzled the Nigerian funds too) and a few Igbos due to one corruption charge or the other (and even the ones he didn't find guilty were sent back for trials and later jailed). How will you explain a coup that had a corrupt president like Shagari placed under house arrest with his vice placed behind Kiri kiri bars?

Buhari constructed more roads than any other Nigerian government had but he also cancelled or abandoned important projects (Lagos metro line and Ajaokuta Steel) and most of the roads he constructed were all in the northern part of the country.

Buhari improved the Nigerian economy by strengthening the naira (NGN 2 = $ 1) but he also stopped free education and feeding of students.

GMB ensured that orderliness was maintained all over Nigeria and people had to que for everything, for fear of being lashed by military men. That is good, in short, that is actually what Nigeria needs now, but how will he enforce this rule in a democratic government?

Still on corruption issue, APC/Buhari's strength area is fighting corruption. Buhari was once interviewed and asked questions on how he intends to fight corruption. His main response almost throughout the interview was that the institution is corrupt and that it is a different scenario compared to military rule. This shows to a great extent that the corruption issue in Nigeria is a very big problem that may not be easy to tackle in a Democratic government. So my question is, how will he make the change?

Then again, Buhari is strict and fights corruption but his recent details of asset declaration and him being broke is skeptical. Also, where did his certificate travel to?

So many more that I can't recall..

My question is, how will these two people effect the necessary changes that we Nigerians crave for?
Its almost impossible!
I might as well keep my vote.
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by 100Cents: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2015
BOBBYTRICK:

building.
vomit
"

Well said. The Yoruba academia represented by Prof Soyinka and Femi Fan I Kayode understand this very well.

What I don't understand is how power hungry and selfish some politicians like Tinubu will be to encourage Nigeria to go back to the military illiterate leadership days..

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 09, 2015
Even Tai Solarin and Fela Kuti will turn in their grave if buhari is elected
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Atigba: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2015
Tell them prof

Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Ellidude(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2015
GMB till 2019
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by OKDnigeria: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2015
For those asking for source, see 4urself...

It looks like this is some kinds of the dividends of democracy, at least you have the freedom to say whatever your choice is.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is here again! Ask him what he think about Goodluck Jonathan retaining his seat in ASO rock, and you would be surprised to hear him paint Jonathan in the way you never think is possible.

“Even though I have said it time and time again that the president should control his wife but there is something significant about Mr. President.

He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia. All his children are in schools here in Nigeria. You cannot come across a skyscraper in any corner of Nigeria and people will tell you it belongs to him; even a seven storey building.

I strongly believe that GEJ is a phenomenal change from before and if we cannot find a better, young alternative, then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.

This is no time to go back to the military mafia and go back to our vomit”

In essence, he is repeating the popular adage that the “Devil you know is better than an Angel you know nothing about”

The year 2015 is less than a month to go and the presidential election is just around the corner, Like every other elections, it has to be contested and there must be winners and losers.
http://constative.com/politics/prof-wole-soyinka-clears-goodluck-president-2015

http://www.nigeriatell.com/news/prof-wole-soyinka-endorses-goodluck-jonathan-for-2015#.VK-wVoMo_Jt
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Afroconnect: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2015
I think Soyinka's hatred for Buhari is as a result of the stress the military put his extended family through(Soyinka and Fela are cousins) hence I don't expect him to like any ex-general...this is a personal beef.
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by Akshow: 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
hehehehehehe Now u will see igbos hailing Soyinka. hehehehehehheeh
Re: Wole Soyinka Drums Support For Goodluck Jonathan, Blasts Military Mafia by BENZINA(m): 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
BOBBYTRICK:

building.
vomit
"
Before nko!

(1) (Reply)

Rally:youth Take Over Kaduna Street ,praising Buhari / Finally, Nigerian Troops Bombard Sambisa Forest / Breaking News: National Council Of States Directs Inec To Go Ahead With Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.