Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (167071 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:46am On Feb 05, 2015
gallivant:

People like you simply use the vagueness of looks to classify people. Do you have any idea how ironic and ridiculous your argument is? The South [b]Sudanese issue was political and not racial.[/b]It was a civil war which ultimately the South won and established an independent state.In the same time Somalia has disintegrated into several proxy states, you should seek their advice on ingenuity, toughness and a true warrior spirit when faced with adversity. grin
both. it was religious, racial, and political

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 5:58am On Feb 05, 2015
gallivant:

People like you simply use the vagueness of looks to classify people. Do you have any idea how ironic and ridiculous your argument is? The South Sudanese issue was political and not racial.It was a civil war which ultimately the South won and established an independent state.In the same time Somalia has disintegrated into several proxy states, you should seek their advice on ingenuity, toughness and a true warrior spirit when faced with adversity. grin

the south sudanese issue was racial, as the northerners referred to their arab heritage, they looked different too.

These two groups dont look the same at all. Which of them look more Somali?

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 6:02am On Feb 05, 2015
TerryCarr:

both. it was religious, racial, and political

I agree Brother Terry. Considering this is how they both look, racial was definitely a cause for the war

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 6:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Kidchockhold, how are you my Braaather grin
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 9:46am On Feb 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

It's a blatant lie, Most northern Sudanese and HOA look very much alike.

Northern Sudanese.

HOA (Somalis).

Have you ever been to Sudan?
I have lived here most of my life I can tell you most do not look somali
It wouldnt be hard to find a somali out of a group sudanis
You are basing this on pictures from the internet

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

It's a blatant lie, Most northern Sudanese and HOA look very much alike.

Northern Sudanese.

HOA (Somalis).

I have lived here for most of my life It isnt hard for me to pick out a somali from a group of sudanis
Your basing your argument of pictures

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 9:58am On Feb 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

You seem very confused and not making any sense at all, the modern day Nubians are no longer a Nilo Saharan groups, they are heavily mixed with Beja people, Hedareb people and the Rashaida Arab and 99.99 percent of them looks nothing like Nilo Saharan, therefore they have no kinship or cultural ties to the Nilo Saharans people.

You can't turn back the clock.

For nubians who still speak their language they can be considered nilo saharan
I presume you are refering to nubians not sudanese
now the people you mentioned all live in the east while nubians live in the north
Also rashaida rarelt ever mix and hedareb are a sub group of beja

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 10:03am On Feb 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

You seem very confused and not making any sense at all, the modern day Nubians are no longer a Nilo Saharan groups, they are heavily mixed with Beja people, Hedareb people and the Rashaida Arab and 99.99 percent of them looks nothing like Nilo Saharan, therefore they have no kinship or cultural ties to the Nilo Saharans people.

You can't turn back the clock.

now the people you mentioned all live in the east thy probably are mixed with the beja
Also rashaida rarely ever mix and hedareb are a sub group of beja
I have seen many north sudanese people who look nilo saharan I doubt they make 0.01 percent of the population maybe more like 20 percent
We have no cultural ties to somalia considering our culture is a mixture of nubian and arab culture

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 10:10am On Feb 05, 2015
Ajuran:

The reason why they look Somali/Ethiopian was cause many are descendants of the people who ruled over Kush when Axum took it over.

Aksum was an ethiopian and eritrean
also your picture says that the country in south east europe,algeria and morocco are more related to somalis than sudanese are
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by superdog531: 10:12am On Feb 05, 2015
Ajuran:

It is well known that all Horn Africans and Nubians are related, you can tell not only by appearance but by language family, and history of the entire region being controlled by EACH other at times overlapping.

Nubian languages are nilo saharan

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
superdog531:

And........ Its the Nilotics who learned Nilotic languages, since they have been slaves. Apperance does not lie
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
superdog531:

Aksum was an ethiopian and eritrean
also your picture says that the country in south east europe,algeria and morocco are more related to somalis than sudanese are

Axum was not ethiopian and eritrean, it was located in the entire horn. Also at that time there was no ethnic group identification as Somali or Tigrey etc.

The people who decedant from the Axum are all the Horn people as we all have common ancestry.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
superdog531:

Yes, I've been to northern Sudan many times so I know what I am talking about.

superdog531:
I have lived here for most of my life [/b]It isnt hard for me to pick out a somali from a group of sudanis

I doubt it.

superdog531:

Didn't you say that most Nubian don't look like Somalis? I proved you wrong.

superdog531:

now the people you mentioned all live in the east thy probably are mixed with the beja
Also rashaida rarely ever mix and hedareb are a sub group of beja
I have seen many north sudanese people who look nilo saharan I doubt they make 0.01 percent of the population maybe more like 20 percent
[b]We have no cultural ties to somalia considering our culture is a mixture of nubian and arab culture

Northern Sudan and Somalia have similar cultures because both are Muslim countries, besides, there ain't no such thing as a Nubian culture in northern Sudan.

Are you African American Afrocentric, by any chance? they are very obsessed with Sudanese.

superdog531:

There are only a handful of Nubian northern Sudanese speak Nilo Saharan or nubian language today.

Sudan is arabized country.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 1:54am On Feb 06, 2015
You are getting it mixed up.They have only adopted arabic culture. At the end of the day they are nilo saharan. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 1:56am On Feb 06, 2015
Ajuran:

Axum was not ethiopian and eritrean, it was located in the entire horn. Also at that time there was no ethnic group identification as Somali or Tigrey etc.

It's documented, they were Eri/Ethiopians.

The people who decedant from the Axum are all the Horn people as we all have common ancestry.

Which is?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 2:02am On Feb 06, 2015
Ajuran:

And........ Its the Nilotics who learned Nilotic languages, since they have been slaves. Apperance does not lie

That is a comical argument, with all due respect.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:04am On Feb 06, 2015
mfuasi:

It's documented, they were Eri/Ethiopians.

Which is?

How are they documented to Eritrean and Ethiopian when those are nationalities that didnt exist before 1991 and 1960?

The ethnic groups that are ethiopia, somalia, eritrea didnt even identify as those ethnic groups as proof of Somali areas in northern Somalia being land used to shelter Arabs during the time of the prophet with the permission of the Abssyinian King. That was only 1400 years ago.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:07am On Feb 06, 2015
Only a crazy person would say those women that look like Horn of Africa women are more related to Bantus/Nilotic than Somalis/ethiopians who were the forefathers of todays Somalis/Ethiopians who once controlled the area they now live in.

seeing is believing

Somali family in first picture

Nubian family in second picture

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 5:16am On Feb 06, 2015
DAY 4: I CANNOT WALK, MY LEGGS CANNOT BE USED TO SUPPORT MY BODY, I HAVE OVER EXERTED MYSELF. GOD BLESS SOMALIA
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:39am On Feb 06, 2015
Ajuran:
DAY 4: I CANNOT WALK, MY LEGGS CANNOT BE USED TO SUPPORT MY BODY, I HAVE OVER EXERTED MYSELF. GOD BLESS SOMALIA

Does the ridiculousness ever stop? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

Does the ridiculousness ever stop? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
if you ban him it would
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:50am On Feb 06, 2015
TerryCarr:

if you ban him it would

He didn't really say anything wrong lol

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

Brother, you cannot relate to me, as you only love women feet cheesy
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
superdog531:

I have lived here for most of my life It isnt hard for me to pick out a somali from a group of sudanis

of course their are differences. But who do the women that Kenyanlady look more like? Nilotic or Somali?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ajuran:

Brother, you cannot relate to me, as you only love women feet cheesy

I love everything on a woman bro, I just take a special liking to feet
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Fulaman198:

He didn't really say anything wrong lol
yet
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 12:26am On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

How are they documented to Eritrean and Ethiopian when those are nationalities that didnt exist before 1991 and 1960?

Well, they didn't just appear from thin air, did they?

The ethnic groups that are ethiopia, somalia, eritrea didnt even identify as those ethnic groups as proof of Somali areas in northern Somalia being land used to shelter Arabs during the time of the prophet with the permission of the Abssyinian King. That was only 1400 years ago.

Fairy tales, unless you can present facts.Good day. cool
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 12:34am On Feb 07, 2015
mfuasi:

Well, they didn't just appear from thin air, did they?

Fairy tales, unless you can present facts.Good day. cool

Their was no such thing as an ethnic Somali identity or Other Horn of Africa ethnic identity more than 2,000 years ago, as the entire population of the Horn which is now 100 million was only a couple of hundred thousand, meaning all the people there are related, as they speak the same language family which is Afroasiatic and lived in the area.

There is none of those ethnic identities that can be found in books back 2,000 years ago.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 1:58am On Feb 07, 2015
There were not many scholars 2000 years ago, doesn't mean Eritreans and Ethiopians didn't exist.Also, how can you claim relations when their are stark differences in Somali and Ethiopian cultures?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 2:11am On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

Their was no such thing as an ethnic Somali identity or Other Horn of Africa ethnic identity more than 2,000 years ago, as the entire population of the Horn which is now 100 million was only a couple of hundred thousand, meaning all the people there are related, as they speak the same language family which is Afroasiatic and lived in the area.

There is none of those ethnic identities that can be found in books back 2,000 years ago.

The king of bullshit at it again? Oh well...

Afroasiatic is a broad term.It's even further divided in sub groups due to the diversity.These sub groups are Chadic, Berber, Egyptian, Cushitic and Omotic Semitic.They are also spread accross the Sahel.Afro Asiatic is simply a language group.Considering we established Ethiopians are not cushitic, how can you claim they were once one people with Somalis, or your similar origins fallacy.Provide facts, don't make stuff up!! wink
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 3:33am On Feb 07, 2015
gallivant:

The king of bullshit at it again? Oh well...

Afroasiatic is a broad term.It's even further divided in sub groups due to the diversity.These sub groups are Chadic, Berber, Egyptian, Cushitic and Omotic Semitic.They are also spread accross the Sahel.Afro Asiatic is simply a language group.Considering we established Ethiopians are not cushitic, how can you claim they were once one people with Somalis, or your similar origins fallacy.Provide facts, don't make stuff up!! wink

Language families are related, the farther away the more distant the relationship. Notice all the Afroasiatic languages are concentrated in a certain area (North Africa, Horn, Middle east), and notice their is some similarity in appearance wit the exception of skin color? Notice nilotics look the same, any deviation from this can be explained easily as in the case of Black Americans who speak English, and that explaination is slavery.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 3:48am On Feb 07, 2015
DAY 5: THE SPIRIT IS WILLING, BUT THE BODY IS TIRED. MY ONLY GOAL IS TO MAKE IT TO DAY 7, BUT I FEAR I WILL NOT BE ALIVE TO SEE IT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.