Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (167117 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:49am On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

Language families are related, the farther away the more distant the relationship. Notice all the Afroasiatic languages are concentrated in a certain area (North Africa, Horn, Middle east), and notice their is some similarity in appearance wit the exception of skin color? Notice nilotics look the same, any deviation from this can be explained easily as in the case of Black Americans who speak English, and that explaination is slavery.

Wrong there are over 150 Afro-Asiatic languages in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon put together.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 8:30am On Feb 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

Wrong there are over 150 Afro-Asiatic languages in Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon put together.

These languages are branched under Chadic, which many dont even consider Afroasiatic. None the less, it has to do with North African Muslims enslaving many Bantus and spreading Islam.

Don't you see why its only pockets of west africa that have afroasiatic languages. Where the horn has the two oldest branch of the Afroasiatic language (Semetic, Cushitic)
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 9:15am On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

These languages are branched under Chadic, which many dont even consider Afroasiatic. None the less, it has to do with North African Muslims enslaving many Bantus and spreading Islam.

Don't you see why its only pockets of west africa that have afroasiatic languages. Where the horn has the two oldest branch of the Afroasiatic language (Semetic, Cushitic)

Loll Chadic languages are quite Afro-Asiatic as Chad and Sudan are neighbours (learn geography). Chadic speakers don't even resemble Bantus. They are very warlike

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Let us all unite and celebrate together
The victories won for our liberation
Let us dedicate ourselves to rise together
To defend our liberty and unity
O Sons and Daughters of Africa
Flesh of the Sun and Flesh of the Sky
Let us make Africa the Tree of Life
Let us all unite and sing together
To uphold the bonds that frame our destiny
Let us dedicate ourselves to fight together
For lasting peace and justice on earth
Let us all unite and toil together
To give the best we have to Africa
The cradle of mankind and fount of culture
Our pride and hope at break of dawn.

African solutions for african problems o sons and daughters
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

Language families are related, the farther away the more distant the relationship. Notice all the Afroasiatic languages are concentrated in a certain area (North Africa, Horn, Middle east), and notice their is some similarity in appearance wit the exception of skin color?

Thats not true at all.You just made it up in your head.

Notice nilotics look the same, any deviation from this can be explained easily as in the case of Black Americans who speak English, and that explaination is slavery

Nilotes don't fall under the Afroasitic language grouping.You also seem to have zero knowledge of the transatlantic slave trade.Go read a book and come back. tongue
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

You mean Ajuran,axum,somali1,puntite etc? Lol Your second point also makes no sense whatsoever.

A while ago you were wandering what semetic is, now you are an expert on these branches? Afro asiatics are found all over the Sahel,from west to east.I dont know of these pockets you speak of.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
gallivant:

You mean Ajuran,axum,somali1,puntite etc? Lol Your second point also makes no sense whatsoever.

A while ago you were wandering what semetic is, now you are an expert on these branches? Afro asiatics are found all over the Sahel,from west to east.I dont know of these pockets you speak of.

Notice how Cushitic languages are found as far as southern egypt all the way to the horn.

first picture is Somali family
Second picture is Nubian Family

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
You going around in circles.Stick to what you do best..

Ajuran:
DAY 5: THE SPIRIT IS WILLING, BUT THE BODY IS TIRED. MY ONLY GOAL IS TO MAKE IT TO DAY 7, BUT I FEAR I WILL NOT BE ALIVE TO SEE IT.

Ajuran:
DAY 4: I CANNOT WALK, MY LEGGS CANNOT BE USED TO SUPPORT MY BODY, I HAVE OVER EXERTED MYSELF. GOD BLESS SOMALIA
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ajuran:

Notice how Cushitic languages are found as far as southern egypt all the way to the horn.

first picture is Somali family
Second picture is Nubian Family

Do you notice how Chadic and Amazigh (Berber) are only found in west Africa?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

population wise most berbers live in Morocco & Algeria
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 12:59am On Feb 08, 2015
TerryCarr:

population wise most berbers live in Morocco & Algeria

I don't agree, when I say Berbers I mean those who live the lifestyle and still speak the language aka the Tuaregs

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't agree, when I say Berbers I mean those who live the lifestyle and still speak the language aka the Tuaregs

Remember Berbers are not a monolithic group. The only thing they share with one another is language. And like I said most of the "white-looking" Berbers are recent.

So you're 100% correct. Not only that, but Tuaregs are the founding population of Berbers. Since "Berber marker" E-M81 is highly diversified with Tuaregs.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 1:41am On Feb 08, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Remember Berbers are not a monolithic group. The only thing they share with one another is language. And like I said most of the "white-looking" Berbers are recent.

So you're 100% correct. Not only that, but Tuaregs are the founding population of Berbers. Since "Berber marker" E-M81 is highly diversified with Tuaregs.

100% correct

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 2:36am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

the most spoken Berber language in Kabyle i think.

but as i said population wise morocco has the most people who speak Berber languages white or not
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 2:59am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

WEST AFRICA? YOU MEAN NORTH AFRICA, REMEMBER THEIR IS A SAHARA DESERT THERE.

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 3:39am On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:

WEST AFRICA? YOU MEAN NORTH AFRICA, REMEMBER THEIR IS A SAHARA DESERT THERE.

Can you not read maps? Do you not see Nigeria, Niger and Mali? Guess where those 3 countries are located? That's right West Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 3:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

Can you not read maps? Do you not see Nigeria, Niger and Mali? Guess where those 3 countries are located? That's right West Africa

Those areas are just small groups of North Africans in northern area of Nigeria. Not Bantus
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 3:50am On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:

Those areas are just small groups of North Africans in northern area of Nigeria. Not Bantus

Hahahhahah No, we are called Sahelians, we speak three language groups, Niger-Congo, Nilo-Saharan and Afro-Asiatic.

Songhai/Zarma and the Kanuri/Tebu are Nilo-Saharan speakers. We Fulani are Niger-Congo speakers, and the Hausa, Tuareg and many other groups are Afro-Asiatic speakers. God bless the mighty Sahel.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 3:51am On Feb 08, 2015
Also an FYI for you Ajuran, Nigeria is more north than Somalia
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 3:57am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:
Also an FYI for you Ajuran, Nigeria is more north than Somalia

SAHARA DESERT, IF YOU CLAIMING NIGERIA AS NORTH AFRICA, THIS IS NEWS TO ME NOW.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 3:58am On Feb 08, 2015
DAY 6: COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY EXHAUSTED, PARAMEDICS HAVE BEEN CALLED TO MY HOTEL. cry

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:

SAHARA DESERT, IF YOU CLAIMING NIGERIA AS NORTH AFRICA, THIS IS NEWS TO ME NOW.

I didn't say Nigeria is in North Africa bro, I clearly said it's more north than Somalia as is Niger and Mali as well
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:05am On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:
DAY 6: COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY EXHAUSTED, PARAMEDICS HAVE BEEN CALLED TO MY HOTEL. cry

I can tell loll your game is quite off these days my perverted friend cheesy
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:14am On Feb 08, 2015
Fulaman198:

I can tell loll your game is quite off these days my perverted friend cheesy

Fulaman198, you can never understand what it means to be a man, because you are a boy.

I am waging a jihad on the Pun.nani and here you are deleting and banning people for no reason.

I hope you come to grow and realize their is more to life than moderating a Nigerian site owned by a guy whose name I cannot say If you paid me

Fufu
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 4:31am On Feb 08, 2015
TerryCarr tell me some Bantu tips on recovering from 6 days of Boom Boom
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:33am On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:

Fulaman198, you can never understand what it means to be a man, because you are a boy.

I am waging a jihad on the Pun.nani and here you are deleting and banning people for no reason.

I hope you come to grow and realize their is more to life than moderating a Nigerian site owned by a guy whose name I cannot say If you paid me

Fufu

Loll so having seckz is what defines a man now eh?

Loll I had a good laugh at the 'deleting and banning people for no reason.'

Loll @Fufu
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by BlackKenichi(m): 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ajuran:

And........ Its the Nilotics who learned Nilotic languages, since they have been slaves. Apperance does not lie
Wow, you are really f*cking 5tupid! The Nilotic languages are a different branch of the Nilo-Saharan language family. While both the Nubian and Nilotic languages are both part of the same branch of Nilo-Saharan (Eastern Sudanic) that's where it ends.

Seriously stop talking about things that you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by BlackKenichi(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
Supper:

Oh yeah. I know both Mande and Fulanis both are very prideful people and don't back down easy. Fulanis have claim to be the last major SSA Empire still standing before European totalitarian colonialism as well as challenging and beating Saadi dynasty of the Morroccan empire, but Mande have claim to the Mali empire as well as the Mandingo wars which had the French shaking in their boots. So, as you can imagine a lot of pride & ego comes into play for both groups.

AAs are just proud to have ancestry from both groups. grin
It doesn't take much to scare the French!

KidStranglehold:
I swear the Fulani and Mandinka's are two of my most favorite African ethnic groups followed by the Tuaregs. Why the Tuaregs? Because they were basically the VIKINGS of Africa. Literally.
I can respect the Tuareg's warrior prowess but they are nasty, deceitful bunch of slavers.

KidStranglehold:
Next Angolans. IMO they are the toughest people of Africa. Basically the "Russians" of Africa.

1. Endured the worst of the Atlantic slave trade. With many slaves coming from that area. Almost depopulating the area.
2. Endured long civil wars and wars with the Portuguese before colonization.
3. Endured colonization.
4. Endured the war for independence.
5. Endured one of the most deadliest conflicts in Africa which lasted 23 years.

From pre-colonial all the way to their independence Angolans endured hell. But now they have one of the fastest growing economies in Africa. to me thats bad@ss...

Angolans are the Russians are Africa. Either them or the Zulu's.
The Russian are way overrated. However I agree with you about what you said about the Angolans. During the TSA era the Kongo Kingdom (Western Congo-Brazza, DRC and Northwestern Angola) sent the most amount of slaves. A lot of these slave were POW's from the numerous amounts civil wars in the Kongo Kingdom. According to the Euro slavers, Kongo Kingdom slaves were tough but prone to running away, becoming "maroons" and fighting back. One of the largest maroon settlements in the Americas was [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmares_%28quilombo%29]Palmares in Brazil[/url]. Many rebel slave leaders in the Americas were either from the Kongo Kingdom or the Gold Coast (Ghana).
Also the Zulu were tough but very inflexible.

Supper:

My vote for the toughest would be Zulus. lol Sorry, I just can't think of anyone that out grinds them in African history. Ashantis/akan would be close second.

But, Angolans even have competition from their neighbors in Congo. Don't forget the Kongo-Portuguese war. Though, Angolans did tear it up in the New World. But, so did ashantis/akan(Maroons in Jamaica).
As I said above. The slaves that caused the most trouble to the Euro slavers were from the Kongo Kingdom and Ghana. Ghanaian escaped slave used to reek havok in the Caribbean (including the Guianas). The toughest maroons goes to probably the Guianas. When the Guianas were ran by the Dutch they imported most of their slaves from the Kongo Kingdom and Ghana. Not very wise weren't they, the Dutch!? The Afro Surinamese and Guyanese are basically a mix of Congolese, Angolans and Ghanaians and their genes have served them well when it comes to sports like football and kickboxing.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by BlackKenichi(m): 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
KenyanLady:

I knew this man was suffering from an extreme inferiority complex, sorry Fulaman, you are not Caucasian, your nose is too flat wink.

Fulani are not considered part of the Caucasoid race.

the truth is a hard pill to swallow.
My god I don't know who more retarded the Somali troll or this ugly Kenyan wench?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pan african solutions 1 dollar bid, now 2, will ya give me 2?

2 dollar bid, now 3, will ya give me 3??

WILL YOU GIVE ME BETTER THAN THIS SH*T?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pan african solutions Free of cost any takers here there

Going going gone smiley
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
@BlackKenichi

Yep British colonial & antebellum US slavers learned from their own mistakes and those of the Caribbeans, and were very particular about the type of Africans being brought it and held large prejudice against Igbos, due to their tendency to favor suicide as opposed to a life of enslavement and Central African Bantus(Angolans/Kongolese) due to their penchant for maroonage, encoded message drumming, and fighting styles disguised as dancing, all of which led to the stono rebellion. The aftermath of which led to a ban on drums and other loud instruments and limitations on the imports of Angolans and a major shift towards the Upper West African Sahel/Sudanic regions(which were already in high number due to the rice agriculture).

Slaves from the port of Senegambia were always the majority in French Louisiana, though, and like the gullah-seminoles had close ties with "belligerent" native americans. These slaves participated in the Natchez revolt in Louisiana.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.