Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US (642 Views)

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns / No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 - US / No Signs Nigeria Will Disintegrate In 2015 –US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Cyberbaze(m): 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-POH734CUa3Y/VLAqUszhMuI/AAAAAAAACUQ/qfO9ONfMBks/s1600/ambassador-US.jpg[/img]

The United States Government has said there are no signs that Nigeria will break up before, during or after the February general elections.

Today.ng Reports

US Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. James Entwistle, stated this in Lagos on Thursday during an interactive session with journalists on the recent donation of a US naval ship, NNS Okpabana, to the Nigerian Navy.

He, however, said Nigeria was facing “big challenges” but said the present problems were surmountable.

“I have been plagued by the question (on Nigeria’s possible disintegration in 2015) and I have gone back to look and I can’t find any government report that said Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015. Maybe some think-tank or somebody outside the government said it; I don’t know.

“But in my opinion as the US Ambassador to this country, I am not worried in the least that Nigeria is going to disintegrate in 2015. Regardless of what someone may have said, the question is that we are now here in 2015: Do we see signs that Nigeria is going to disintegrate or fall apart or something? I don’t know what you think. But I don’t see those signs.

“But I see signs of growth, optimism and I see that to minimise the challenges that you have, in this life, you have to keep on keeping on and I think the future is quite bright,” Entwistle said.

He also said if the Federal Government did what would need to be done in the coming years, as regards to “security, corruption and all of these things,” the future of Nigeria would be “very bright.”

Source Brandednaija
Today.ng
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by senorova(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
Sometimes, I think the US push too far in their interference with other countries ' political affairs.
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Sunshineluv(f): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ok. Next
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by lilprinze: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
U.S can't just mind their own business for once.
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by spartoo: 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
it pisses me off the way they get into evry country's affair
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Cyberbaze(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2015
Ok
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Lavidah: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Without being told, it's not that easy for a country to break up. Break up into what?... West, North, South and East?
Even this individual units are not really united to stand as one on their own.
Nigeria's diversity is that glue that binds us together, even with violence, fights, threats, etc the nation Nigeria will remain.
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Cyberbaze(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2015
Lavidah:
Without being told, it's not that easy for a country to break up. Break up into what?... West, North, South and East?
Even this individual units are not really united to stand as one on their own.
Nigeria's diversity is that glue that binds us together, even with violence, fights, threats, etc the nation Nigeria will remain.
hmm
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by clevvermind(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Nigeria will not break. buhari will lose and nothing will happen.
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Jeezyy(m): 7:00am On Jan 10, 2015
Lie lie
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by Cyberbaze(m): 8:14am On Jan 11, 2015
sad
Re: There Are No Signs That Nigeria Will Break Up In 2015 – US by yuio33: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2015
angry shocked

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan, Why Do You Engage And Condone Corruption, Terrorism, And Imp / Will Nigerians Ever Be Satisfied With The Performance Of Their Presidents? / Obj Endorses Gmb (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.