Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 (1050 Views)

Buhari's Promises In Pictures, For Posterity. / Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Dear TAN Ambassadors on Nairaland,

I would be glad to consider casting my vote for GEJ if you would objectively assess his performance as president over the last 5 years. I am most willing to put aside my issue with his clue.less demeanour if his scorecard is anything about 10%.

1. To revive the rail way system in the country.
2. To complete lagos to Jebba rail project
3. Government has budgeted 50b naira for job development and infrastructure.
4. To modernize the ports.
5. To complete the second River Niger Bridge before the expiration of the tenure.
6. To deliver stable, constant supply of by the year 2015.
7. To ensure that Nigerian do not use generators more than two times in a week.
8. To construct more dams to build more hydro-power stations.
9. To raise power generation to about 4,747 mega watts by December 2011.
10. To put an end to epileptic power supply in the country just as fuel queues at petrol stations were ended.
11. To work with the private sector and all the relevant agencies to stimulate industrial growth.
12. To introduce 5-year term budgeting
13. To diversify the economy.
14. To strive to revive the Ajaokuta Steel.
15. To address the issues of unemployment through diversification of the nation`s economy so that of sustainable agricultural development across the 36 state of federation.
16. To reduce production cost.
17. In the next 2 years create 1.5 million jobs.
18. To transform the economy within the next four years.
19. To facilitate the petroleum industry law.
20. To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants. Direct invest of about $10 billion over the next three years.
21. To build a $3 billion central gas processing facility by 2012 to be sited in Obiaruku Delta State.
22. To attract $25 billion worth of investment into developing the country gas infrastructure.
23. To create 600,000 new jobs in the gas industry.
24. To make anyone caught breaching the public peace to face the full wrath of the law.
25. Criminals will be exposed.
26. To make a complete transformation of national security architecture.
27. To ensure there is no sacred cow in the fight against corruption, crimes, all will be investigated.
28. To strengthen EFCC and ICPC to fight crimes.
29. To eradicate kidnapping.
30. To pursue all bombers and terrorists.
31. To boost agriculture through irrigation.
32. To provide farmers with information on agricultural production and more towards mechanized agriculture.
33. To boost farming activities by providing power and water.
34. To establish at least one Federal University in each state of the federation by the end of 2012.
35. To improve on hostel facilities across the nation.
36. To revamp Almajiri system of education.
37. To improve teaching and learning.
38. To give 35% of political appointment at both ministerial and ambassadorial levels to women.
39. To rebuild Illesa water scheme.
40. To complete Ife/Ijesa dam..
41. To run all inclusive government without discrimination.
42. To conduct a free and fair election.
43. To run an open government.
44. To create standard for unity and wealth creation.
45. To fight corruption regardless of the position of the person involved.

Earnestly looking forward to your dispassionate responses.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by watered(m): 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
I dey look too. All dem TANists oya make una show here come defend oga boss

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Adex097: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ehm...from my "church_mind" rating I think Mr President deserves an "E".
And in Uniben where I school, grin
An E is equal to F. undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abeg, leave church mind
cheesy. Make u na use your dispassionate mind rate our Oga at the top.
Adex097:
Ehm...from my "church_mind" rating I think Mr President deserves an "E".
And in Uniben where I school, grin
An E is equal to F. undecided
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Goddex: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Most of these promises have either been met or ongoing

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by donphilopus: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Goddex:

Lying to yourself as usual.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Toosure70: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Haa. 45 points agenda. Failed govt.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Like seriously!!! Do you want us to go through that list one after the other? The only item on that list that has been met is -- the Almajeri schools. And I would ask you-- what is, and what has been the significant of those schools? Is that really what they need in the north? If you know the north very well, you would know that they have always had good schools, but low enrolment. So why build more schools that would not be patronised when you can work to address poor enrolment rate in the existing schools?

Common, Goddex, I believe you can do better than this. If you claimed that they have been met, I would be glad you list out the specific projects in place they have addressed/or is addressing each of the items on that list.

Goddex:

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
goshen:
Dear TAN Ambassadors on Nairaland,

I would be glad to consider casting my vote for GEJ if you would objectively assess his performance as president over the last 5 years. I am most willing to put aside my issue with his clue.less demeanour if his scorecard is anything about 10%.

1. To revive the rail way system in the country. (Done)
2. To complete lagos to Jebba rail project (Development stage)
3. Government has budgeted 50b naira for job development and infrastructure. (Inconclusive)
4. To modernize the ports. (Ongoing)
5. To complete the second River Niger Bridge before the expiration of the tenure. (Ongoing)
6. To deliver stable, constant supply of by the year 2015. (Supply of what?)
7. To ensure that Nigerian do not use generators more than two times in a week. (Power reforms are ongoing)
8. To construct more dams to build more hydro-power stations. (Ongoing)
9. To raise power generation to about 4,747 mega watts by December 2011. (Done)
10. To put an end to epileptic power supply in the country just as fuel queues at petrol stations were ended. (In progress)
11. To work with the private sector and all the relevant agencies to stimulate industrial growth. (Done)
12. To introduce 5-year term budgeting (Inconclusive)
13. To diversify the economy. (In Progress)
14. To strive to revive the Ajaokuta Steel. (Still in Development)
15. To address the issues of unemployment through diversification of the nation`s economy so that of sustainable agricultural development across the 36 state of federation. (Done)
16. To reduce production cost. (In Progress)
17. In the next 2 years create 1.5 million jobs. (In Progress)
18. To transform the economy within the next four years. (In Progress)
19. To facilitate the petroleum industry law. (Bottlenecks in the legislative process)
20. To construct 2 world scale petrochemical plants, 2 fertilizer plants and 2 fertilizer blending plants. Direct invest of about $10 billion over the next three years. (In Development)
21. To build a $3 billion central gas processing facility by 2012 to be sited in Obiaruku Delta State. (In Development)
22. To attract $25 billion worth of investment into developing the country gas infrastructure. (In Development) -
23. To create 600,000 new jobs in the gas industry. (In progress)
24. To make anyone caught breaching the public peace to face the full wrath of the law. (Inconclusive)
25. Criminals will be exposed. (Inconclusive)
26. To make a complete transformation of national security architecture. (In progress)
27. To ensure there is no sacred cow in the fight against corruption, crimes, all will be investigated. (Inconclusive)
28. To strengthen EFCC and ICPC to fight crimes. (In Progress)
29. To eradicate kidnapping. (In progress)
30. To pursue all bombers and terrorists. (In progress)
31. To boost agriculture through irrigation. (Done)
32. To provide farmers with information on agricultural production and more towards mechanized agriculture. (Done)
33. To boost farming activities by providing power and water. (In progress)
34. To establish at least one Federal University in each state of the federation by the end of 2012. (Done)
35. To improve on hostel facilities across the nation. (In Progress)
36. To revamp Almajiri system of education. (Done)
37. To improve teaching and learning. (In Progress)
38. To give 35% of political appointment at both ministerial and ambassadorial levels to women. (Done)
39. To rebuild Illesa water scheme. (In Progress)
40. To complete Ife/Ijesa dam.. (In progress)
41. To run all inclusive government without discrimination. (Done)
42. To conduct a free and fair election. (Done so well)
43. To run an open government. (Verily Done)
44. To create standard for unity and wealth creation. (Inconclusive)
45. To fight corruption regardless of the position of the person involved. (Inconclusive)

Earnestly looking forward to your dispassionate responses.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ hasn't really performed bad contrary to opposing beliefs. Given the present circumstances and conditions of events in the country and the world at large, I honestly believe that GEJ has done better than his predecessors.

Most of the infrastructure projects are tied down because the required funding needed to develop them are not available. Government is seeking to procure them through a public private partnership model and this requires due process, which takes some time. We don't expect government to solely fund all infrastructure projects in the country, thats suicidal. We should give this government a second chance, so that they can consolidate on foundations they have laid during the past four years.

Buhari doesn't look like someone who believes in private sector participation in social infrastucture development, he is someone who wants the federal government (himself) to be sole financiers and owners of everything that affects our national life. This is not feasible in a democratic and capitalist regime.

Buhari (if voted in) will totally destroy all that has been done since 1999. He may revoke all power and electricity contracts, remove vital institutions setup to facilitate the development of key sectors and industries and subsequently throw the country into chaos.

This is not what we want. Let us vote wisely.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 12:21am On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=J12 post=29652874][/quote]

Do you understand the concept of project scope and timing? For Pete's sake, most of the items on that list had time line, and some were set for 2011 & 2012. Additionally, if the use of words to describe these promises ranges from complete, deliver, etc, why do you have several ongoing, inconclusive, developmental stage, etc against the items on the list? I think it's only fair to rate him to have failed to deliver

Let's discuss some of the items you assessed as done--

9. To raise power generation to about 4,747 mega watts by December 2011. (Done). Was power generation 4,747MW as at Dec, 2011? Is power generation anywhere closer to 3000MW 4 years later done? If the answers are NO, who would you in good faith assess this item as done?.

31. To boost agriculture through irrigation. (Done) How? Can you list out the various irrigation projects implemented?

41. To run all inclusive government without discrimination. (Done). How? Every decent person knows this is a lie

34. To establish at least one Federal University in each state of the federation by the end of 2012. (Done) How many universities were established and how many states do we have in Nigeria? This idea sucks by the way; build a university in each of the 36 states?

38. To give 35% of political appointment at both ministerial and ambassadorial levels to women. (Done) Do we have 35% women representation? Honestly, if Mr President failed to 100% deliver on a promise that doesn't require a kobo to fulfil, how would he deliver on promises that require huge resources.
42. To conduct a free and fair election. (Done so well) Not many would agree with you on this?

1. To revive the rail way system in the country. (Done). I would rate him average on this. I am not in the least impressed with the quality trains used, having used train facility in other developed and developing nations.

36. To revamp Almajiri system of education. (Done) I would rate him high in the delivery. But really, is that what the educational system in the north need? How difficult is it to build low budget mushroom class rooms across 13 States over 4 years. Any local builder could have done that in few months.
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 12:46am On Jan 10, 2015
You are not Buhari and neither are you part of his economic team. It would be largely unfair to judge him when you have not given him the opportunity to lead as democratically elected president. Jonathan has had 5 years and had failed woefully in all aspect.

Additionally, you seem to be making the same mistake with GEJ, if you & GEJ want another 4 years for the latter, you guys should campaign base on well laid-out manifesto on what you would do in the next 4 years and not on campaign of calumny & character assassination. You guys should also explain to electorates what you have done so far on the campaign promises you made 4 years ago.

J12:
GEJ hasn't really performed bad contrary to opposing beliefs. Given the present circumstances and conditions of events in the country and the world at large, I honestly believe that GEJ has done better than his predecessors.

Most of the infrastructure projects are tied down because the required funding needed to develop them are not available. Government is seeking to procure them through a public private partnership model and this requires due process, which takes some time. We don't expect government to solely fund all infrastructure projects in the country, thats suicidal. We should give this government a second chance, so that they can consolidate on foundations they have laid during the past four years.

Buhari doesn't look like someone who believes in private sector participation in social infrastucture development, he is someone who wants the federal government (himself) to be sole financiers and owners of everything that affects our national life. This is not feasible in a democratic and capitalist regime.

Buhari (if voted in) will totally destroy all that has been done since 1999. He may revoke all power and electricity contracts, remove vital institutions setup to facilitate the development of key sectors and industries and subsequently throw the country into chaos.

This is not what we want. Let us vote wisely.
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 10, 2015
goshen:

Do you understand the concept of project scope and timing? For Pete's sake, most of the items on that list had time line, and some were set for 2011 & 2012. Additionally, if the use of words to describe these promises ranges from complete, deliver, etc, why do you have several ongoing, inconclusive, developmental stage, etc against the items on the list? I think it's only fair to rate him to have failed to deliver

]It is highly unrealistic to believe that complex infrastructure projects worth billions of dollars will be executed under 1 year in Nigeria. If you understand anything about infrastructure development, you’ll know that feasibility studies have to done before any complex project is to be executed. This takes time

Let's discuss some of the items you assessed as done--

9. To raise power generation to about 4,747 mega watts by December 2011. (Done). Was power generation 4,747MW as at Dec, 2011? Is power generation anywhere closer to 3000MW 4 years later done? If the answers are NO, who would you in good faith assess this item as done?.
The power sector in now in the hands of the private sector, they’re in charge of generating and distributing electricity. I admit that the highest we’ve achieved under GEJ is about 2500 or thereabout but that’s close to the target. The power reforms are in top gear, Nigerians should be positive about the reforms and expect better power supply in due time. The reforms are backed by international development organisations.
Also, Power generation has been steadily above 3000 MW over the past few years. A lot of Nigerians can attest to the improved power situation in their homes and environs.
31. To boost agriculture through irrigation. (Done) How? Can you list out the various irrigation projects implemented?
A few key irrigation projects are in the pipeline.

41. To run all inclusive government without discrimination. (Done). How? Every decent person knows this is a lie
Please, how is this a lie? GEJ signed the Freedom of Information Bill into law… A bill his predecessors detested. How does GEJ discriminate in his government?

34. To establish at least one Federal University in each state of the federation by the end of 2012. (Done) How many universities were established and how many states do we have in Nigeria? This idea sucks by the way; build a university in each of the 36 states?
GEJ has created about six federal universities in states where none exist.

38. To give 35% of political appointment at both ministerial and ambassadorial levels to women. (Done) Do we have 35% women representation? Honestly, if Mr President failed to 100% deliver on a promise that doesn't require a kobo to fulfil, how would he deliver on promises that require huge resources.
GEJ has so many women in his cabinet. The most powerful positions in his Government are held by women. Even OBJ called him a woman wrapper. Dude, we can’t argue on this.

42. To conduct a free and fair election. (Done so well) Not many would agree with you on this?
Anybody who doesn’t agree was born in 2012. All elections conducted under the GEJ administration has been adjudged free, fair and credible by observers.
1. To revive the rail way system in the country. (Done). I would rate him average on this. I am not in the least impressed with the quality trains used, having used train facility in other developed and developing nations.

That’s your problem. It seems you have too many problems.
36. To revamp Almajiri system of education. (Done) I would rate him high in the delivery. But really, is that what the educational system in the north need? How difficult is it to build low budget mushroom class rooms across 13 States over 4 years. Any local builder could have done that in few months.

Again. That’s your problem… No other politician in this country has thought about building schools for the almajiri’s. GEJ has done it, but here you are, complaining about something that is highly irrelevant.
Has Buhari built a single school in his entire life?
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by babadee1(m): 1:10am On Jan 10, 2015
J12:

Most of the infrastructure projects are tied down because the required funding needed to develop them are not available.

How will the required funding be available when GEJ and his cohorts will not stop eating all the money?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 10, 2015
goshen:
You are not Buhari and neither are you part of his economic team. It would be largely unfair to judge him when you have not given him the opportunity to lead as democratically elected president. Jonathan has had 5 years and had failed woefully in all aspect.

Additionally, you seem to be making the same mistake with GEJ, if you & GEJ want another 4 years for the latter, you guys should campaign base on well laid-out manifesto on what you would do in the next 4 years and not on campaign of calumny & character assassination. You guys should also explain to electorates what you have done so far on the campaign promises you made 4 years ago.
Judging by his utterances during his campaigns, any intelligent human being can honestly tell that he doesn’t grasp with the ideas of modern governance and economics.
You fail by saying that GEJ has failed in all aspects. You’re either blinded by hate or like most Nigerians, you don’t understand how government and the economy works.
Apart from the security challenges facing the north, GEJ has not performed bad as president in an African country.
His manifesto?
The transformation in the agric sector, the transport sector and the economy in general must continue. That’s the manifesto!
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Flye: 1:16am On Jan 10, 2015
watered:
I dey look too. All dem TANists oya make una show here come defend oga boss

Even their yoga did not remember all this again.
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 1:37am On Jan 10, 2015
My thought exactly. And infact, most of the ongoing projects are as good as being abandoned.
babadee1:

How will the required funding be available when GEJ and his cohorts will not stop eating all the money?
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Texykool: 2:10am On Jan 10, 2015
Goddex:

Incurable Liar!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by goshen(m): 2:10am On Jan 10, 2015
1. GEJ uttered worst statements than --" I would stabilize oil price"during his 2011 campaign, particularly during Dbanj's kangaroo interview. We can revisit that if you want to go that way.
2. I do not hate as a Christian, however, I refused to be stupid and not see GEJ for the fraud that he is.
3. If think security is the only aspect GEJ has failed, then I believe am wasting my time rubbing mind with you. How about corruption? Even GEJ himself admitted to have led us for 5 years without an anti-corruption plan. How about education? the series of marathon strikes which reminded us of the Abacha days. How about infrastructure? Would any government serious about providing infrastructure earmark about 90% on maintaining the government and a paltry 14% on social infrastructure?
4. List out the irrigation projects and verify them online. Simple.
5. If GEJ knew the promises were unrealistic, why did you make people vote for you based on unrealistic promises? Guess, there is a word for that --FRAUD. I was only taking him up based on the target he sets for himself and not even based on what I expect of him. If he could not even score 10% on the exam he sets for himself, then he must be so hopeless.
6. How does FIB relates to running a non-discriminating government? Everyone, but you knows GEJ is the most divisive president we have ever had.

7. On alimajeri school idea, that was really dumb. If you are conversant with the north, these guys have never really lacked good schools (infrastructure wise) but good teachers and poor enrolment. In fact, some of the state governments pay these pupils and students just to encourage them to go school. Suffice to infer that the project does not in any way address the educational need of the north, and has been a total waste of public funds.

Honestly, GEJ's extra 4 years as president is a calamity that well-meaning Nigerians should not allow to happen.

J12:

Judging by his utterances during his campaigns, any intelligent human being can honestly tell that he doesn’t grasp with the ideas of modern governance and economics.
You fail by saying that GEJ has failed in all aspects. You’re either blinded by hate or like most Nigerians, you don’t understand how government and the economy works.
Apart from the security challenges facing the north, GEJ has not performed bad as president in an African country.
His manifesto?
The transformation in the agric sector, the transport sector and the economy in general must continue. That’s the manifesto!
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 10, 2015
goshen:
1. GEJ uttered worst statements than --" I would stabilize oil price"during his 2011 campaign, particularly during Dbanj's kangaroo interview. We can revisit that if you want to go that way.
2. I do not hate as a Christian, however, I refused to be stupid and not see GEJ for the fraud that he is.
3. If think security is the only aspect GEJ has failed, then I believe am wasting my time rubbing mind with you. How about corruption? Even GEJ himself admitted to have led us for 5 years without an anti-corruption plan. How about education? the series of marathon strikes which reminded us of the Abacha days. How about infrastructure? Would any government serious about providing infrastructure earmark about 90% on maintaining the government and a paltry 14% on social infrastructure?
4. List out the irrigation projects and verify them online. Simple.
5. If GEJ knew the promises were unrealistic, why did you make people vote for you based on unrealistic promises? Guess, there is a word for that --FRAUD. I was only taking him up based on the target he sets for himself and not even based on what I expect of him. If he could not even score 10% on the exam he sets for himself, then he must be so hopeless.
6. How does FIB relates to running a non-discriminating government? Everyone, but you knows GEJ is the most divisive president we have ever had.

7. On alimajeri school idea, that was really dumb. If you are conversant with the north, these guys have never really lacked good schools (infrastructure wise) but good teachers and poor enrolment. In fact, some of the state governments pay these pupils and students just to encourage them to go school. Suffice to infer that the project does not in any way address the educational need of the north, and has been a total waste of public funds.

Honestly, GEJ's extra 4 years as president is a calamity that well-meaning Nigerians should not allow to happen.

1. The statement “I will stabilize oil prices reeks of ignorance” and stupidity. I don’t care about what GEJ said in 2011.
2. You’re hating. Don’t delude yourself by bringing your religion into this, nobody cares about what you are or you who are – you simply hate GEJ.
3. If I compare the cases of corruption in GEJ’s government and previous administrations, then I’m in order to state that GEJ is not performing badly in that aspect. What has GEJ done wrong in the education sector? By creating 6 new universities and building schools for northern Islamic miscreants?
4. The projects are in the pipeline. That’s all I can say
5. That’s your personal opinion. Nobody cares
6. Again, you’re blinded by hatred and ignorance. You fail to state how GEJ is a divisive leader. Aren’t there all tribes and religions included in his government? Is GEJ persecuting any group in Nigeria? Is he tribally-prejudiced like his opponent?
7. Again, your opinion. Which doesn’t make much sense.
Re: GEJ Campaign Promises In 2011 by Kolade354(m): 7:16am On Jan 10, 2015
Out of the 45 promise he made to us,only 1 and 36 is what he achieved after that the remainig ones are Empty promises..............He wanted to work but he surrounded with cabals like okupe,wike,fani-kayode,muazu,jerr gana and co

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaign Bus Destruction : A Tale Of Two Cities & Two Cultures / I’ve forgiven Buhari, says Tunde Thompson, journalist jailed under Decree 4 / INEC Replies Vanguard, claims Falsehood In Cover Page Story Of Jan 4, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.