Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,413 members, 7,846,743 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT (1318 Views)

Osinbajo And Obasanjo With Murtala Muhammed's Widow (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by Carmal90(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
Pls i would like to know how late murtala muhammed got his name ramat...cos naturally Ramat is the name of a girl/lady.pls how does he comes about the name,pls
Re: How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by A7(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
What tribe name their daughters ramat? Definitely not Hausa.
Re: How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by Carmal90(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
A7:
What tribe name their daughters ramat? Definitely not Hausa.
are u kidding me?ramat is a muslim name for a daughter, i had a frnd that bears that name in my department
Re: How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by Moheat(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
Carmal90:
Pls i would like to know how late murtala muhammed got his name ramat...cos naturally Ramat is the name of a girl/lady.pls how does he comes about the name,pls

Ramat was his mother's name.
Re: How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by A7(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Carmal90:
are u kidding me?ramat is a muslim name for a daughter, i had a frnd that bears that name in my department

Really? Never heard of that before, the only Ramat I know is Murtala, a dude.

Maybe her tribesmen gave her the name, because as a Muslim I know we don't name our daughters Ramat.
Re: How Does Murtala Muhammed GOT The Name RAMAT by Adminisher: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Moheat:

Ramat was his mother's name.

Ramat was his mother's name and by the way, this is to all those who think tribally. This man was not completely a notherner.
Muritala traced his origin to northern Edo state but was adopted by an Uncle and great Kano aristocrat Inuwa Wada who brought him up like a father bringing up his own son. Married to a Yoruba woman Ajoke who is still alive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: FG Reduces Fuel Price By N10 / Pictures... Adhoc Staff Training In Bayelsa (kolokuma Lga) / Don't Take Any News From NTA Serious..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.