Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,775 members, 7,820,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Free Arduino Tutorials - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Free Arduino Tutorials (1949 Views)

Arduino,raspberry Pi,sensors Etc / Arduino Programming Boards, Shields, And Sensors Purchases / Free Arduino Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
What is arduino ?

Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to use hardware and software. It’s intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments. Arduino can sense the environment by receiving input from a variety of sensors and can affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors, and other actuators. The microcontroller on the board is programmed using the Arduino programming language and the Arduino Development Environment. Arduino projects can be stand-alone, or they can communicate with software running on a computer.

There are plenty of other microcontrollers available. So you may be asking, why choose the Arduino? Arduino really simplifies the process of building projects on a microcontroller making it a great platform for amateurs. You can easily start working on one with no previous electronics experience.

In addition to Arduino’s simplicity, it is also inexpensive, cross-platform and open source. The Arduino is based on Atmel’s ATMEGA328 and ATMEGA168 microcontrollers.

Arduino Software

Software programs, called sketches, are created on a computer using the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE). The IDE enables you to write and edit code and convert this code into instructions that Arduino hardware understands.
The IDE also transfers those instructions to the Arduino board (a process called uploading).

[img] http://i60.tinypic.com/2ioyt3.png [/img]

Arduino Hardware

The Arduino board is where the code you write is executed. The board can only control and respond to electricity, so specific components are attached to it to enable it to interact with the real world. These components can be sensors, which convert some aspect of the physical world to electricity so that the board can sense it, or actuators, which get electricity from the board and convert it into something that changes the world. Examples of sensors include switches, accelerometers, and ultrasound distance sensors. Actuators are things like lights and LEDs, speakers, motors, and displays.

There have been a number of Arduino versions, all based on an 8-bit Atmel AVR reduced instruction set computer (RISC) microprocessor. The first board was based on the ATmega8 running at a clock speed of 16 MHz with 8 KB flash memory; later boards such as the Arduino NG plus and the Diecimila (Italian for 10,000) used the
ATmega168 with 16 KB flash memory. The most recent Arduino versions, Duemilanove and Uno, use the ATmega328 with 32 KB flash memory and can switch automatically between USB and DC power. For projects requiring more I/O and memory, there’s the Arduino Mega1280 with 128 KB memory or the more recent Arduino Mega2560 with 256 KB memory.
The boards have 14 digital pins, each of which can be set as either an input or output, and six analog inputs. In addition, six of the digital pins can be programmed to provide a pulse width modulation (PWM) analog output. A variety of communication protocols are available, including serial, serial peripheral interface bus (SPI), and I2C/ TWI. Included on each board as standard features are an in-circuit serial programming (ICSP) header and reset button.

Project 1: Creating a blinking LED wave

Let’s put some LEDs and resistors to work. In this project, we’ll use five LEDs to create a kind of wavelike light pattern.

The Hardware

Here’s what you’ll need to create this project:

>> Five LEDs
>> Five 560W resistors
>> One breadboard
>> Various connecting wires
>> Arduino and USB cable

We will connect the LEDs to digital pins 2 through 6 via the 560-ohm
current-limiting resistors.

The Sketch

Now for our sketch. Enter this code into the IDE:

// Project 1 - Creating a Blinking LED Wave

void setup()
{
pinMode(2, OUTPUT); // LED 1 control pin is set up as an output
pinMode(3, OUTPUT); // same for LED 2 to LED 5
pinMode(4, OUTPUT);
pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
pinMode(6, OUTPUT);
}
void loop()
{
digitalWrite(2, HIGH); // Turn LED 1 on
delay(500); // wait half a second
digitalWrite(2, LOW); // Turn LED 1 off
digitalWrite(3, HIGH); // and repeat for LED 2 to 5
delay(500);
digitalWrite(3, LOW);
digitalWrite(4, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(4, LOW);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
digitalWrite(6, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(6, LOW);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
digitalWrite(4, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(4, LOW);
digitalWrite(3, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(3, LOW);
// the loop() will now loop around and start from the top again
}

In void setup() the digital I/O pins are set to outputs, because we want them to send current to the LEDs on demand. We specify when to turn on each LED using the digitalWrite() function in the void loop() section of the sketch.

Project 2: Repeating with for loops

to be contd.... or check here: http://www.jutronix.com/tutorials/arduino-tutorial/

1 Like

Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Double post... thread closed... follow the thread here:https://www.nairaland.com/2086628/free-arduino-tutorials
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by JavaPrince1(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
From what I'm seeing in your site it looks like you also provide PCB designs also?.
How about learning about device drivers for these OGBe so that it can be a general purpose device that can be progammable and interfacable with Computers.
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
JavaPrince1:
From what I'm seeing in your site it looks like you also provide PCB designs also?.
How about learning about device drivers for these OGBe so that it can be a general purpose device that can be progammable and interfacable with Computers.

What do you mean by device driver for these OGBe. I didn't understand what you mean
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by sinkhole: 8:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
princejude:

What do you mean by device driver for these OGBe. I didn't understand what you mean
@princejude, how far? u are wellcome back, hope u are still with Microscale?
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2015
sinkhole:
@princejude, how far? u are wellcome back, hope u are still with Microscale?

No. I am here now www.jutronix.com
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by sinkhole: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
princejude:

No. I am here now www.jutronix.com
OK, but your new place also sell components like microscale?
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
sinkhole:
OK, but your new place also sell components like microscale?

Yes, even more than microscale
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Latest Arrival 30% discount:

ADXL335 ACCELEROMETER
ARDUINO UNO mega328 pdip
ARDUINO UNO mega328 smd
HC-SR04 ULTRASONIC
L298N MOTOR DRIVER
MQ-2 GAS SENSOR
LM3940 IT-3.3V Regulator
BC547
BC557
PIC18F2550-PDIP
DHT11
HC-SR501 PIR MOTION SENSOR
RELAY MODULE
U-BLOX GPS MODULE
SIM900 GSM
1uF/50V
10uF/50V
100uF/50V
22pF
Flame Sensor
SOIL MOISTURE SENSOR HYGROMETER
TK103 CAR TRACKER
CP2102 USB TO TTL
502 5K Blue trimmer Adjust Resistor
BUZZER BLACK
ARDUINO JUMPER WIRE
6X1 CABLE with female header FOR PICKIT3
ENC28J60/SD CARD MODULE
8p dupont 2.54mm pitch cable with female
4p dupont 2.54mm pitch cable with female
2p dupont 2.54mm pitch cable with female
28 pin IC Socket
40 pin IC Socket
2.54MM RIBBON CABLE (5meters)

http://www.jutronix.com/new-arrivals/
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 9:31am On May 29, 2015
Arduino Workshop LIVE in Enugu 12th June. Don't miss it...
Re: Free Arduino Tutorials by princejude(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2015
September Arrivals

ISD1820 Voice Recording Module
TDA2030 Amplifier Module
W5100 Ethernet Shield
9 Pin 10k A09-103 Resistor pack
8 Channel Relay module
microSD Card Module
CP2102 USB-TO-TTL
L7805CV
ST Link V2
STM32F103C8T6 ARM Minimum Board
Electronic Door Lock
MB-102 (830 Point) Bread Board
20cm Dupont male – female
20cm Dupont male – male
GPS Receiver
MG995 Metal Gear Servo
MG90S Metal Gear Mini Servo
SG90 Mini Servo
Stepper Motor with ULN2003 motor driver board
LM35 Temperature Sensor
HLK-PM01 AC-DC 220V to 5V mini power supply
RFID NFC PN532 Shield
MLX90614 Contactless Temperature Sensor Module
DHT11 Temperature And Relative Humidity Sensor Module
Servo Pan/Tilt Anti-Vibration Camera Mount
Kinsten Positive Acting Presensitized Single-sided PCB PP1015 (10×15)cm x 1.6mm
Kinsten Positive Acting Presensitized Double-sided PCB PP1015 (10×15)cm x 1.6mm
FR4 PCB Single Side Copper Clad Board. 70 x 100 x 1.5 mm
FR4 PCB Double-Side Copper Clad Board, 150 * 100 * 1.6 mm
1W Zener diode 3.3v -30V
DIY KIT GSM GPRS 900 – 1800 MHz Short Message Service SMS module
Robotic Arm
MQ-137 Ammonia Gas Sensor
PH Level Sensor Module

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Teach Me Programming / How I Became A Software Developer And Got My First Job Within A Year / Wat Is The Fate Of A Computer Science Graduate In The Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.