Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? (751 Views)

The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 / Catholic Church Said Jesus Promised To Return After Taking Too Much Wine. / He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 11, 2015
John 14 vs 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever (KJV). Jesus told his disciples that he'll send them a comforter, the spirit of truth after his ascension into heaven.We Christians believe this comforter to be the holy spirit. but the question is, was the holy spirit not existing in the days of Moses, Elijah and Elisha? What spirit were they using for miracles then?. Jesus told his disciples that if he doesn't go away the comforter won't come in John 16 vs 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (kjv). Therefore the comforter wasn't on earth before Jesus' time and during his time on earth. If the holy spirit is the comforter bible scholars here should explain why. If it's not the holy spirit they should also try and explain. contributions are needed.
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? by mrdahero(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Don't embarrass me, read ur bible well
It the "holy spirit".
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? by Dotwillis1(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2015
mrdheckstar:
John 14 vs 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever (KJV). Jesus told his disciples that he'll send them a comforter, the spirit of truth after his ascension into heaven.We Christians believe this comforter to be the holy spirit. but the question is, was the holy spirit not existing in the days of Moses, Elijah and Elisha? What spirit were they using for miracles then? Jesus told his disciples that if he doesn't go away the comforter won't come in John 16 vs 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. (kjv). Therefore the comforter wasn't on earth before Jesus' time and during his time on earth. If the holy spirit is the comforter bible scholars here should explain why. If it's not the holy spirit they should also try and explain. contributions are needed.
i want to ask you this, Elijah, moses and Elisha, did they performd miracles in the name of jesus?
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? by Dotwillis1(m): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2015
Go and read the book of Acts ch 1 and 2 vry wel
Re: Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised To Send After His Ascention? by bingbagbo(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2015
Bro, it is the same HOLY SPIRIT, but in our dispensation, HE COMES TO LIVE permanently in us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Misquoted Bible Phrases / Buy Your Dangote Cement Now / The Blood Transfusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.