Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Making Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Making Heaven (736 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / After Making Heaven What Would Be The Universal Language ? / After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Heaven by hilario8898(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2015
The road to heaven is bent and narrow. God says only the pure in heart would enter heaven.

Why go to a place of torment and pain when you can be happy after death.

Out of 1,293,676 members of nairaland, how many would enter the kingdom of God?

Work harder! Pray more! Do the right thing! Serve God!

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul.

Remain blessed......Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Making Heaven by ifex370(m): 7:51am On Jan 11, 2015
Thank you,more grace

This world is not my own, I'm just passing through
Re: Making Heaven by davien(m): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2015
grin
Re: Making Heaven by hilario8898(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
davien:
grin
Hello davien, first of all I want to say that I appreciate the way you vigorously make a statement in posts concerning God....Yes! Thats true.....I read most of your replies, and this is what I have to say.

What are you scared of? Are you scared of death? We all get to die one day, so what then are you really scared of?

I know you feel that there must be an answer to everything, a proof, evidence, evidence and more evidence.

You try to understand the being of God. Why? I ask you! Why try to understand something that can't be seen or felt....Why?

Oh yes! I know man has evolved to a stage of high and in-depth thinking, and has also undertaken various acts and escapade which seemed impossible like going to the moon.

I know you have alot of questions that need answers, I do too, we all do....but don't forget, man has not yet made man.

The perfect creation of man and the world was done not by man....you know this! You were not created by any being on earth that breaths like you do.

Think! Think! Think! Something within your chest beats, it beats continually....your heart.....your life! Oh yes! You feel you can get a new one through stem cell regeneration #smiles# , an answer to my question yet again. But still scientists haven't yet been able to explain the state of conscience in man. You have one, don't you dav?

My dear brother, we all have troubling questions that sometimes make us doubt the existence of the maker - God. That's Why we are human, But yet, being able to overcome those thoughts in our minds helps to define our sense of being and worth.

You have the choice to do whatever you want to do when you feel like it. That's life!

Do not die before you get answers to your questions. Hell is real my brother, look for people who can answer your questions well and lead you towards the right part, for no man is an island.

We can't know it all....Remain blessed!
Re: Making Heaven by davien(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
hilario8898:

Hello davien, first of all I want to say that I appreciate the way you vigorously make a statement in posts concerning God....Yes! Thats true.....I read most of your replies, and this is what I have to say.
And as always I appreciate honest theists...

What are you scared of? Are you scared of death? We all get to die one day, so what then are you really scared of?
No,I am not afraid of death.....I welcome it,if not for the death of countless others I wouldn't be here today and neither would you and when I die I'll pave way for the next generation to exist..

I know you feel that there must be an answer to everything, a proof, evidence, evidence and more evidence.
I do not think there's an answer to everything...extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence....will you not ask someone who says your mother was a harlot to prove it?(no insults intended)

You try to understand the being of God. Why? I ask you! Why try to understand something that can't be seen or felt....Why?
You let your emotions get in the way of questioning..."god" is a concept like any other and also needs to be verified..."god" cannot even be called a "being" nor a "he" or "she" because those qualities are physical attributes and they don't go with what "god" is commonly defined to be..

Oh yes! I know man has evolved to a stage of high and in-depth thinking, and has also undertaken various acts and escapade which seemed impossible like going to the moon.
If you mean "evolved" as in "progressed" then yes,we have...

I know you have alot of questions that need answers, I do too, we all do....but don't forget, man has not yet made man.
Technically we do "make people" by birth....but even say if we could make a human being by some complex string of chemical reactions from inanimate minerals would that mean anything? No,it won't.... It wouldn't prove or disprove anything..

The perfect creation of man and the world was done not by man....you know this! You were not created by any being on earth that breaths like you do.
I have parents who breathe like I do and they did "create" me...
If you can provide an alternative "creation" that you've good proof of,like how i can present my parents,then do..

Think! Think! Think! Something within your chest beats, it beats continually....your heart.....your life! Oh yes! You feel you can get a new one through stem cell regeneration #smiles# , an answer to my question yet again. But still scientists haven't yet been able to explain the state of conscience in man. You have one, don't you dav?
I don't have an answer to consciousness as a whole....I'm satisfied by not knowing and I'm happy people are currently looking into it as we speak...we already know self reflective thoughts are a function of our frontal lobes...whether we get the entire gist of what makes us "aware" is unknown and mysteries are how we make sense of our world....open one door and two more opens. smiley

My dear brother, we all have troubling questions that sometimes make us doubt the existence of the maker - God. That's Why we are human, But yet, being able to overcome those thoughts in our minds helps to define our sense of being and worth.
You are preaching and as thus not approaching the question objectively,if how you answer questions is to "overcome them" then you aren't inquisitive nor looking for answers,you just want to know what you believe...

You have the choice to do whatever you want to do when you feel like it. That's life!
True....although that doesn't mean I'll go rob a bank just because i feel like it...

Do not die before you get answers to your questions. Hell is real my brother, look for people who can answer your questions well and lead you towards the right part, for no man is an island.

We can't know it all....Remain blessed!
Death is not as terrible as you portray it to be and I don't know about your "hell is real" stance...if it's to get me to "believe" it is to me a pathetic argument of emotion/sorrow,thank you though...I appreciate the comment...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Making Heaven by Ranchhoddas: 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Davien...flogging religious people since 1900.

1 Like

Re: Making Heaven by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Davien, I love that part you wrote "you were created by your dad and mummy".

You whooped the dude. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Making Heaven by davien(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
Davien, I love that part you wrote "you were created by your dad and mummy".

You whooped the dude. gringrin
aren't you a theist?
And mind you although I like showing the folly in an argument I try to be civil about it(depending on the attitude of the theist)
Re: Making Heaven by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
davien:
aren't you a theist?
And mind you although I like showing the folly in an argument I try to be civil about it(depending on the attitude of the theist)
No.

Agnostic/Deist. Confused much cry
Re: Making Heaven by davien(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

No.

Agnostic/Deist. Confused much cry
lol.... okay..

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Ready To Visit Africa / SHOULD WOMEN BE PASTORS AND ELDERS? / 'buhari Was A Fool' - A Pastor's Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.